Newsmax: Obama’s Passport File Breached, ‘Cauterized’

Even I can don a shiny hat for this one, though I read about this over the summer and am not quite sure why the information is coming out again now, other than for political reasons.

According to Ken Timmerman in an article published today by Newsmax, President-elect Barack Obama’s top intelligence adviser, John Brennan, heads an organization involved in an early 2008 security breach at the State Department’s passport office. From the piece:

During a State Department briefing on March 21, 2008, McCormack confirmed that the contractor had accessed the passport files of presidential candidates Barack Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and John McCain, and that the inspector general had launched an investigation.

Sources who tracked the investigation tell Newsmax that the main target of the breach was the Obama passport file, and that the contractor accessed the file in order to “cauterize” the records of potentially embarrassing information.

“They looked at the McCain and Clinton files as well to create confusion,” one knowledgeable source told Newsmax. “But this was basically an attempt to cauterize the Obama file.”

At the time of the breach, Brennan was working as an unpaid adviser to the Obama campaign.

“This individual’s actions were taken without the knowledge or direction of anyone at The Analysis Corp. and are wholly inconsistent with our professional and ethical standards,” Brennan’s company said in a statement sent to reporters after the passport breach was made public.

The passport files include “personally identifiable information such as the applicant’s name, gender, social security number, date and place of birth, and passport number,” according to the inspector general report.

The files may contain additional information including “original copies of the associated documents,” the report added. Such documents include birth certificates, naturalization certificates, or oaths of allegiance for U.S.-born persons who adopted the citizenship of a foreign country as minors.

First, if I’ve learned anything over the past few months, merely “knowledgeable” sources … generally are not. I want names. Secondly, the article is hardly objective, and is clearly meant to arouse suspicion about Obama’s identity and constitutional qualifications to serve as president of the United States.

That being said, I’m all for it.

From the beginning, this controversy to me has not been about Barack Obama. It’s never been a question of Democrat versus Republican, conservative versus Marxist. It’s been about the Constitution and the guidelines set forth by our founders in Article II, Section 1. It’s been about simple yet unanswered questions as to straightforward and innocuous aspects of the personal history of the man who next week will be the most powerful man in the world. Nothing groundbreaking. Just standard information generally known about high-profile world leaders, especially in this age of technology.

Good on Ken Timmerman and Newsmax for picking up on the story and bringing it out again at such an appropriate time. I had known about the breach–and may have written about it here a few months ago–but did not know that an Obama surrogate was there in the background. I may be a skeptic by nature, and I still may be unsure about the conspiratorial aspects of many of the claims put forth by Philip Berg and Leo Donofrio and Orly Taitz and others, but this just seems a little too convenient, even for me.

Comments

“From the beginning, this controversy to me has not been about Barack Obama.”

Other than the attempt to link everything — anything — back to Obama.

Maybe not this site explicitly, but “the conspiratorial aspects of many of the claims put forth by Philip Berg and Leo Donofrio and Orly Taitz and others” sure do get the light touch.

2. CLaudia says:

that information is most likely coming out now because of the most recent law suit to be filed against Obama, and this one seems to me to have a really great chance of hiving “standing” and getting heard. I don’t know how the loss of all passport documents may affect it though.

I read it and it sounds really good, very thorough and complete with (it seems to me) all the necessary reasons to be heard. I think that this one could really fly, unless of course, the missing documents from Dept of State re; passports and other documentation was the stuff that was stolen from Homeland Security Passports Division and the breach of security. I read about that breach back when it was brought to the surface and remember Obama’s thoughts on it a the time, but at the time, I didn’t know that he was NOT a “natural born citizen” of the USA, and had not even given him much of a chance towards making the nomination against Hillary. Could Brennan be put into prison for treason against the United States and Homeland Security for that scrubbing and breach of those files?

Jeff, could you give some thoughts on this lawsuit??

Claudia,
    Reno, NV.

3. tanarg says:

Hi, everyone,

I suppose some of you have already seen the following mangled and incoherent e-mail from Philip Berg. For me, I’m through paying any attention to him. He’s clearly incompetent.

Here it is, for those who haven’t had the agony yet.

For Immediate Release: – 01/12/2009

For Further Information Contact:

Philip J. Berg, Esquire
    555 Andorra Glen Court, Suite 12
    Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-2531
    Cell (610) 662-3005 U.S. Supreme Court No. 08 – 570
    (610) 825-3134
    (800) 993-PHIL [7445]
    Fax (610) 834-7659

philjberg@obamacrimes.com
    U.S. Supreme Court denies Berg vs. Obama Berg states he is disappointed for the 300+ million U.S. citizens, for our “Forefathers” and for the tens of thousands that have died defending “our” Constitution

and we will fight on as Obama is “not qualified” to be President

(Lafayette Hill, PA – 01/12/09) – Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of “qualifications” to serve as President of the United States and his case, Berg vs. Obama, in the U.S. Supreme Court announced today that the U.S. Supreme Court has “denied” our Petition For Writ of Certiorari Before Judgment.

Berg said, “I am disappointed for the 300+ million U.S. citizens, our ‘Forefathers’ and for the tens of thousands that have died defending ‘our’ Constitution.

I am committed to keep our efforts going to continue litigation until the truth of Obama being ‘not qualified’ for President comes out. The Obama candidacy is the biggest ‘HOAX’ ever to be put forth to the citizens of the United States in 230 years.

In addition to the current case in the U.S. Supreme Court, we have or will have:

1. A case filed two [2] months ago captioned Berg vs. Obama, said case ‘under seal’ so I cannot comment further;

2. The case of Hollister vs. Barry Soetoro a/k/a Barack Hussein Obama, filed 12/31/08 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Civil Action No. 08-02254; said case being an ‘Interpleader’ case with the Plaintiff, a retired Colonel from the U.S. Air Force, who is questioning whether to obey or disobey an order if Obama recalls him, based upon whether or not Obama is a ‘qualified’ President;

3. The case that was denied in the U.S. Supreme Court is still pending in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals in the case of Berg vs. Obama, with our Brief due by January 20, 2009; and

4. If Obama is sworn in as President, we will file a Petition for Writ of ‘Quo Warranto,’ a case that will challenge Obama as being ineligible to serve as President because he is ‘not qualified.’

Berg states ‘if Obama is sworn in’ because Obama knows he is ‘not qualified’ and he should hold a Press Conference and Obama should state that I, as a black American, received more votes than anyone else on November 4, 2008 for President and on January 8, 2009 the Joint Session of Congress counted the Electoral College votes and announced that I am President-elect, but because of things in my background, I cannot be sworn in as President. However, Obama is not man enough to state the above!

More and more people are aware of the fact that Obama does not meet the ‘qualifications’ for President. When the truth finally comes out, individuals including Barack Hussein Obama, Michelle Obama, Howard Dean [Chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC)], other top officials of the DNC, senior campaign staff and some of his new administration should be brought into the criminal justice system, indicted and tried with incarceration for those convicted.”

Berg continued, “Obama is setting himself up to be blackmailed and perhaps he is already being blackmailed. He was the candidate for ‘change,’ but look at his cabinet – 70% from President Clinton’s days and how about his Secretary of Defense, Gates. Give me a break!

There is nothing more important than ‘our’ U.S. Constitution and we will fight on!”

For copies of all Press Releases and Court Pleadings, go to obamacrimes.com

——-
    End of mangled, incoherent e-mail from Philip Berg.

Goodbye, Mr. Berg! There will be another way to get at the truth, God willing!

SCOTUS has conferences set up on Jan 16 and Jan 23 concerning his eligibility which sandwich the Jan 20 inauguration if he chooses to ignore the situation.

President Bush will give a nationally televised speech on Thursday telling Americans everything is fine. The rest of the TARP funds are about to be rolled out.

Everyone needs to relax and wait for Obama to do the right thing or let SCOTUS do what has to be done.

5. American Genie says:

Thank you for posting this. I remember the story about the passports, but I certainly didn’t know it was an Obaminion who did the breaching. Interesting!

God bless America!

6. Jeannette says:

That passport breach is a story no one has heard about in a year.

Thank you for posting that Newsmax had published an update on the breach and about the Obama operative.

I don’t understand why the controversy isn’t about Obama, though. His qualifications and associations are beyond being questionable and I don’t believe he gives a damn about this country. George Bush has his faults, but I always felt he loved this nation. Eight years and terrorists have not struck here or at our embassies. In the last few days, my thinking has gone from what good is it to be safe when the economy is in the toilet to the economy will recover eventually and I would rather myself and my fellow citizens have a safe and strong country to go about our business.

Obama worries me more about our safety than anyone else who has been in that office other than Bill Clinton (Hillary would have been more like Margaret Thatcher).

I can’t shake this feeling and BO’s alliances only make it worse.

7. Kentucky Guy says:

The question also remains, was any data scrubbed from the file, and if so, will there be any effort to retrieve backups of the data… or is their going to be a thorough scrub job after Hillary is Sec State?

No records, no challenges in court to Obama’s eligibility.

The thing that jumped is the following:

The Obama campaign acknowledged at its “Fight the Smears” Web site that Obama was a foreign national until the age of 18, by virtue of his father’s British then Kenyan citizenship.

Being a “Foreign National” is NOT Natural Born Citizen

and

“Fight the Smears” attempted to debunk rumors that Obama was not a U.S. citizen by producing a 2007 computer-generated copy of his certification of live birth.

Note: Computer Generated.

Kentucky Guy ranted:

“Jeff, make sure you have your tinfoil hat on good and tight and you get plenty of ammo before you seal yourself in your underground bunker!”

Oh, what a singularly original contribution. . . .

11. tanarg says:

Anonymous wrote: Obama has a team member on the inside quietly encouraging him to do the right thing and step down. Distinguished Intelligence Personnel know his history and would prefer he handle questions as to his eligibility with dignity.

This sounds lovely, but given recent history at SCOTUS, extremely unlikely. Where, by the way, do you get your information? I hope you know what you’re talking about, but I have just about run out of hope. This is so surreal. Living has become the reality of a Salvador Dali painting. For me, anyway, it has.

I cannot get my head around the idea that nobody in the government sees what we see, and I am mystified about why we have only the low-quality lawyers doing anything. I’m sorry, but Berg cannot write coherently and it damages anything he does. Donofrio also has problems there. Both are not the kind of men who can actually get something accomplished. We need a good lawyer. Why hasn’t one come forward? Are they afraid of assassination by O’s secret goon squad? I am, frankly, not that I have any power to hurt O, but I am his enemy and if I lose my mind and commit some attention-grabbing crime just to get a microphone worldwide, I’d be dead meat in short order (pun intended, I think).

So, Anonymous, your post made my heart beat faster, but I cannot invest my broken heart again in rumor and gossip from an anonymous person. May I suggest that if you really do have inside knowledge, write to Jeff, trust him with your identity, and perhaps Jeff will evaluate your information and pass it to us here.

Another thing, Anonymous. Yesterday at his press conference, President Bush said he had not been asked by Obama to request the rest of the TARP funds, so what you wrote is not as far as I know, what’s going to happen.

Please talk to Jeff if you really do have trustworthy information. We are all suffering. I cry a lot, and I don’t mind revealing that. I feel so impotent, because I *am* impotent. I pray, too, but God will not act in our place when we can act. Yet I call out to Him (I’m a Jewish-Catholic, too, Jeff) because I as a single individual cannot do anything, cannot trust anyone in government at the moment (after all, if I call the FBI or CIA, how do I know I’m not talking with O’s minions?), and thus I am frozen in my fear of what is to come.

I cannot believe SCOTUS is abandoning the country entirely, but that is what it looks like. If they are not screwing us royally, why can’t they get a message to us to let us know that there is a way out of this awful nightmare? It seems so cruel to be totally abandoned by those we thought were decent men and women who loved our country.

I cannot go on; I cannot see the screen through the tears.

12. Kris says:

Get ready folks the Stasi type intelligence bureaus are forming. Breaches result only in phony investigations providing hidden info from the public. I’d keep back up forms for future interference into the records of those opposing any Obama proposed New World Order plans. But, gee, everything is being done for your own good!

How come the bad guys can always get moles placed but the good guys can’t get into third world agencies. Don’t bribery, pay to play tactics, work there too??

13. tanarg says:

Also, anonymous, SCOTUS has had conferences up the wazoo and they have meant diddley-squat so far because nobody has standing to sue yet. So I can see no reason at all for your optimism. I must be nuts to latch on to your post — I guess I am.

What do you know, and how do you know it????? Trying to laugh, but still crying.

Right…Brennan was a 25-year veteran of the CIA, and served as head of the National Counter-Terrorism Center in the Bush Administration. He’s an obvious plant…*laugh*

It’s humorous to see you criticize the lack of sources, specifically rebuke its lack of objectivity, and even talk about the need to “don a shiny hat” – but you reprint/link it anyway. Does this fall into the category of “enemy of my enemy is my friend” stuff?

15. Ed says:

KY Guy (now that I have said it better with an abbreviation) just drop the tinfoil hat bs and get it.
    Teflobama has slicked through so far on ‘charm and good looks’ and is the new PC-political chameleon. Certifigate will not go away.

Seriously, an unidentified source from site with no credibility?

Why not act like the mouthpiece for WND, Plains Radio, API, etc. while you are it?

How many people were paidoff to conceal the truth about Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama’s backgorund? $650 million dollars can buy a lot of silence for a corrupt politician and it is clear that quite a few people in high places have been bought off. Say it isn’t so!

I think all of us at times during the discussions concerning the citizenship issue have had moments when we thought maybe we were over reacting…initially, during the primaries, I was in the process of deciding who I would support but basing my choice on the stand of the candidates on certain issues that are important to me…never giving too much thought to backgrounds because, after all, we are all Americans. I mean, I’m a grandmother who would not normally entertain ideas of a conspiracy to take over our country. However, as time passed and more and more issues were raised concerning Obama and were so quickly brushed aside by him and the MSM, I began to detect a pattern. So after all things in his past have been disclosed, some may still feel skeptical because the Obama story is like a novel….but not even the best author could make all this up. There is too much to be coincidental…I am convinced that we must continue to press for the TRUTH, no matter what it is…I don’t relish the thought of realizing that we have Americans who would participate in such a deception. I am not an alarmist but none of us should be embarassed about confronting those who would hide the truth. Don’t we wish we had been more vigilant and suspicious when the 9/11 perpetrators were getting flight training in our country?….don’t we wish someone had initiated an investigation then? After the damage has been done, it’s too late. Let’s not apologize for being vigilant because we now have come to realize that anything is possible.

“I cannot get my head around the idea that nobody in the government sees what we see, and I am mystified about why we have only the low-quality lawyers doing anything.”

Because you see conspiracies where none exist?

Law enforcement, the courts, the politicans, the legitmate bar, etc. — none of them think there’s anything to this issue. Do you think they are somehow completely unaware of all these allegations? What do you think that you that they don’t?

Re: Obama being advised, by Anon.
    If the IP addy matches Lawdawg I’d be hopeful, otherwise, not so much.

21. Ed says:

I maintain ongoing dialog with my elected representatives, even the ones I did not vote for, with one notable exception(PEBO). I check in with some MSM, not ranting, but expressing my concerns over mis-statements of official sources (eg,Hawaii says they have a document…not details of the document.), etc. My point to them is if this is all truth, there are gaps; if lies, be credible liars. Some too flummoxed to retort with a salient argument easily let fly fallacious foil in our faces, like so much chaff from ECMs. Some are beginning to see.

22. Ed says:

Some lawyers won’t touch a case because they know or have done work for one of the litigants. And those aren’t conspiracies, just attorney-client privelege or potential conflict-of-interest. Others have political ambitions and do not want to step on toes. These folks are great in some courtrooms, where they are known: the good-ol’-boy networks are not restricted to south of the Mason-Dixon line. And those aren’t conspiracies, just professional relationships. Legitimate bar as opposed to illegitimate bar, right?
    (with apologies to our fine host.)

23. NATURAL BORN AMERICAN says:

I would have to disagree, that this is just about the Constitution of the United States.

There are too many things about PE Obama, that are unknown and hidden. Plus when you factor in the MSM total lack of investigation in to his background, how can we as Americans, ever trust him?

I am still hoping beyond hope, that the USSCOUS will step in and do their duty. If they don’t and just let it ride, America will NEVER BE THE SAME!

24. Kentucky Guy says:

tanarg:

You are in serious need of therapy. Just because someone fabricates an allegation that Obama was born in Kenya doesn’t mean its true.

Jeff, my previous message, in which I was trying to be funny, also was an attempt to make a serious point. William Buckley said he spent his career separating the conservative movement from the crazies. Buckley would have recognized that Berg is one of the crazies. If you throw your lot in with them, you may have a more entertaining blog and generate more traffic, but ultimately serious people will never treat you seriously.

25. Kris says:

That doesn’t follow … Berg isn’t a conservative. Now if you believe that being patriotic or defending that which is is “crazy” then a new category of your own type applies as well.

26. Sharon2 says:

Stop wasting your time, all. This from the Huffington Post, shows where things stand:

At the invitation of Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., President-elect Barack Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden will pay a protocol visit to the Supreme Court of the United States tomorrow afternoon. This will mark the third time in recent history a President-elect and Vice President-elect have visited the Court. The last such visit was made by Bill Clinton and Al Gore on December 8, 1992. The first visit was on November 19, 1980, when Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush called on the Court. The President-elect and Vice President-elect will visit with the Chief Justice and the Associate Justices in the ceremonial West Conference Room where Obama and Biden will sign the same guest book signed by Clinton and Gore in 1992. Following the signing of the guest book, the Chief Justice and the President-elect and Vice President-elect will join the Justices on a brief tour of the Courtroom and the Justices’ Conference Room. This is the room where the nine Justices meet in private to decide pending cases. The visit is a private event. There will be no photo or press availabilities.

27. Sharon2 says:

I forget where I posted the comment about Obama and Biden visiting the Supreme Court on Tuesday. I can’t find the story anywhere except Huff Post. Do you think this is a ruse? I fe;; for it until I tried to confirm it elsewhere and couldn’t find any documentation. Have you seen this anywhere?

28. Dan N says:

Claudia says

“Here is the link to the lawsuit Strunk v. US Dept of State and Homeland Security

Dan says…Jeff, does this have a chance?

29. Sharon2 says:

I copied the Supreme Court story from the Huffington Post, which gave no attribution (as usual). After I submitted my comment, I found the story word for word at CBS.

I put the kids to bed, took a shower, and now, this is how the CBS story reads:

(CBS) President-elect Barack Obama will visit the Supreme Court tomorrow, according to his transition office, reports CBS News correspondent Steve Chaggaris.

At the invitation of Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., Mr. Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden will pay a protocol visit to the Supreme Court of the United States Wednesday afternoon, the office says.

This will mark the third time in recent history a president-elect and vice resident-elect have visited the court. The last such visit was made by Bill Clinton and Al Gore on Dec. 8, 1992.

On Nov. 19, 1980, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush made the same visit.

Mr. Obama and Biden will visit with the justices in the ceremonial West Conference Room.

The visit is private; reporters and photographers will not be present.

*** Notice some missing info?

30. starboardhelm says:

So Obama?Soetoro? will be making history as the first non-natural born president, and maybe the first non-citizen president. Or will he? I’ve read that Chester Arthur also concealed his birth records . . .

In any case, where there’s stink, there’s something rotten.

Dan,
    In response to your question,it seems to me that the request would fall under FOIA exemption 6-
    (6) information involving matters of personal privacy.

It also seems to be exempt from disclosure under the Privacy Act of 1974, which prohibits disclosure of personal information by government agencies except in specific circumstances, none of which is applicable in this case.

Plus the petitioner is a raving lunatic.

… and the amount of time between the FOIA request and lawsuit is rather small. His FOIA request isn’t the only one, and they do take time to process.

33. Kentucky Guy says:

Kris: “Berg isn’t a conservative.”

My point exactly. Berg is not a conservative, he is a crazy conspiracy theorist. So why is Jeff entertaining Berg’s crazy conspiracy theories? Notice noone in the GOP, and no conservative opinion makers like Limbaugh, Hannity, or O’Reilly are supporting this claim. Are they in the tank for Obama? No, they just don’t want to drive the conservative movement off the cliff. As I said before, if Jeff just wants a provocative, entertaining blog, fine. If he wants to be taken seriously, he should avoid Berg and his ilk like the plauge.

34. tanarg says:

Ky Guy,

Jeff has consistently expressed his reservations about Berg’s argument, his displeasure with his “truther” participation, and is on record with regard to both of those issues to my satisfaction.

Jeff no more endorses Berg than he endorses Obama.

Jeff no more endorses Berg than he endorses Obama

Jeff gives Berg the time of day, which is a form of endorsement. Jeff also softballs Berg, giving him a free pass on what are some rather basic issues surrounding not only his case, but Berg himself.

Just look at the tone of the recent articles about Clinton, or the environment. Jeff’s sharp pen becomes amazingly dull when it comes to Berg.

Kentucky Guy is right, as evidenced by the birth-certificate stories attracting more comments. It is provocativeness in exchange for grativas, and there’s enough right-wing commentarians already doing that schtick.

36. Dan N says:

Thanks Anonymous

Dan N

Jeff, what about the ethics of a judge meeting with someone who is crucially involved in a case currently before his/her court?

About the passport breach:
    It was reported at the time that John O. Brennan headed the company for which one “snooper” worked and that Brennan served as an “unpaid” advisor to the Obama campaign. This snooper is the person who accessed Obama’s file.

Nobody paid much attention to Brennan at the time, especially in the MSM. Everybody, including BHO minions, blamed Clinton. That was a diversion, which also served to smear Clinton. A twofer.

The new information which brings this story back into view:

1.) Timmerman’s source ADMITS that Obama’s file was the target of the break-in and that Clinton’s and McCain’s were looked at to confuse the issue. The “snooping” was shrugged off as “curiosity” in much the same way that Berger’s theft from the Archives was shrugged off as “sloppiness.” Timmerman’s source says it was done to “cauterize” the files of “embarrassing” information. Interesting choice of adjective. Could the source really have meant “disqualifying”?

2.) BHO first considered Brennan for CIA head, but Brennan declined so as not to become a “distraction.” Probably a distraction that might occur during confirmation hearings. Instead, Brennan will be a security advisor in the new administration. Wanna guess whether confirmation is required for that position? Notice, however, that he IS getting a position in the administration. Why? Why wouldn’t he be as much of a distraction in that job as in the other job?

The report of the investigation, which quietly came out last July, is redacted so much that it’s basically meaningless. The most interesting and pertinent information gleaned from it is that the files contain(ed) copies of birth certificate(s) (with birth place listed), naturalization papers, records of former names, oaths of allegiance for children adopted as minors who assumed new citizenship, travel records, etc. All critical information if one wants to prove/disprove natural born citizenship status.

Shortly after the break-in, it was stated that lie detectors would be used to interrogate the “snoopers.” Of course, nobody’s going to find out what those tests revealed, are they? Could somebody with access to the entire report be Timmerman’s source?

Isn’t it very coincidental that the photos of the “real” COLB, posted at FactCheck, were taken within days of the date of the last passport break-in?

Just a few months after the break-in, a COLB image showed up on Daily Kos. Months after that, after controversy on the Web, those photos showed up on FactCheck. That site claimed that the photos were recent (August), but the exif data placed them back to March, 2008.

Someone elsewhere speculated that the first several break-ins were to see what was on file and what needed to be “cauterized.” Sounds plausible to me. What say you?

At the time of the passport break-in, Condi Rice stated that nobody could assure anyone that files were not altered or that documents were not deleted or removed. Or inserted?

That’s a topic Scalia and Cheney must have discussed often on their many hunting trips.

Good point, but seems to me I remember the MSM screaming mightily about Cheney and Scalia and potential conflicts of interest. Yet, they don’t even report these current cases in the Supreme Court, while reporting today’s visit to the Supreme Court.

Maybe’s there’s a wee bit of difference between a tea party and a boys weekend?

41. Ted says:

The current SCOTUS threshold for a MUST STAY of BHO’s inauguration is not whether he is ultimately determined constitutionally ineligible to be POTUS, merely whether there now is SERIOUS QUESTION on his constitutional eligibility, since any determination of inelligibility AFTER inauguration would pose unnecessary civil and military difficulties.

That’s not true at all. If you are correct, it should be no problem to cite your sources.

This Friday and next, SCOTUS will rule on two stay applications. Among the criteria is the likelihood of success on the underlying lawsuit.

I have what I believe is an important note. I read the article, which was clearly ill-written. I thought I’d look at the briefing myself. As it stands now, Jan 23 11pm est, this briefing comes up in google at http://www.state.gov/m/rls/102460.htm HOWEVER, the site has been removed. As of 01/18 (interestingly, before Obama took office), the google cache has the entire briefing, which I’ve saved.

The kicker is: THE ORIGINAL BRIEFING MENTIONED NOTHING AT ALL OF ACCESS TO MCCAIN OR CLINTON’S FILES. If you search the state dept website, it comes up with things that mention McCain and Clinton but the original was not available.

I encourage us all to keep these original web files before they are all removed and google deletes these caches. I don’t know what else we can say or do, now that the State Dept is under his control.

I’d be interested to hear comments. If you would like a copy of my saved cache file of this briefing, you can email me at asdfjkl.zxcvbnm@gmail.com

I did further searching of the state department site and they simply REMOVED this page. Can they DO that?! What about open records?! I would really appreciate other comments. This is remarkable. Again my email if you cannot find the original webpage, is asdfjkl.zxcvbnm@gmail.com