Paving the Way for Jihad From Within

Chalk up another win for political correctness.

Agence France-Presse is reporting that an airline passenger forced to cover a T-shirt featuring Arabic script reading “We Will Not Be Silent” was awarded $240,000 for his trouble, the payout coming from JetBlue Airways and a pair of TSA officials. According to the wonderful folks at the ACLU, the passenger was approached as he waited to board the aircraft and told to remove the shirt because other passengers felt as though “an Arabic-inscribed T-shirt in an airport was like ‘wearing a T-shirt at a bank stating, I am a robber.’”

I’m not arguing that we have the freedom of speech in America. I’m arguing that we all have personal responsibility, however, and that rewarding ignorance and stupidity with large awards sends the wrong message when it comes to political correctness and our future in the face of global terrorism.

When apologies are given to nine Muslims booted from an aircraft for talking about the location of the jet engines and the safest seats on the aircraft, when a passenger is given a quarter of a million dollars after suing because he was forced to remove such a T-shirt while preparing to board an airplane at a New York City airport, what kind of lesson does that give to pilots and passengers who, in the future, want to err on the side of caution or want to remain vigilant for the sake of their own safety or the safety of others? Given these incidents, if next week I’m flying and see someone trying to light his shoe on fire, should I tackle him right away or should I wait until the plane goes down in a ball of fire? My goodness, if I tackle him, the ACLU will be going after my wallet by the time we reach our destination. At least, if I wait for the latter, I won’t have to pay him for my discriminatory behavior!

If, in the morning, a bank is robbed by a trio of pimple-faced red-headed teenagers and they get away, wouldn’t it be wise for people making deposits and withdrawals across town to be on the lookout for similar-looking people acting suspiciously in their midst? If a woman is raped in a city park by a middle-aged black man with a mustache, wouldn’t it be wise for the evening news to tell other women to be on the lookout for sketchy-looking middle-aged mustachioed black men as they jog through the park?

Should a kid wearing a T-shirt adorned with a big heart and the words “I love Dylan Klebold” NOT be kicked out of his Colorado school and forced to change? What about a student at Virginia Tech with a “Happiness is a Loaded Walther P22″ bumper sticker stuck to the lid of his MacBook computer?

I don’t care who you are — if you wear a T-shirt with “We Will Not Be Silent” written in Arabic to an American airport, you should expect to be questioned before being allowed onto any aircraft. It’s not a matter of race, it’s not a matter of religion, it’s a matter of common sense.

This politically correct mentality stands firm in the way of the measures we must take to protect ourselves from threats both foreign and domestic. While we must secure both our southern and northern borders, as Mexican men and women are not the only people who cross each under the cover of night, environmentalists fight our Department of Homeland Security over the territorial migration of the endangered kangaroo rat. While we must stay on the offensive with regard to the Global War on Terror, as any military commander will tell you that falling back on merely reacting to your adversary rather than engaging and dictating action is a losing stragegy, we have the activist groups on the political left–and the liberal politicians who enbrace them–decrying our “preemptive war” and our proactive intelligence gathering techniques. While we must provide our government with the tools necessary to ensure the safety of Americans within the fifty states, as those who wish to destroy us never are forced to hurdle political games en route to their ultimate goal, we instead have elected officials like Harry Reid who refuse to admit to their glaring mistakes of weeks and months and years gone by and are thus unable to adapt as necessary to a changing threat. While we must mandate responsible government spending and responsible personal spending as well, as maintaining the strength of a military requires a strong country and strong economy behind it, we’re about to see a trillion-dollar “stimulus” plan passed, one which will essentially give a blank check for an overreaching federal government abandoning the Constitution in favor of “social justice.” Finally, and perhaps most importantly, while we must guard against the perversion of our national identity and our own ideals by ensuring that those who sit on the bench of the highest court of the land look to our founding documents and the intentions behind them, we’ve elected a man who feels that judicial activism is necessary, that the Constitution is antiquated, and that the arbiters of justice should, instead of interpreting our Constitution and laws without looking to affective considerations–as the blindfold on Lady Justice demands–rather empathize and know what it feels like to be a single mother, a welfare collector, or an offended airline passenger in an inappropriate T-shirt. All of this, every single aspect, feeds and fosters political correctness — which will be the root of jihad from within.

Europe is already falling and failing in the face of stealth jihad, and it doing so quickly. Groups like CAIR are the catalysts of the change seen in the U.K. and Spain and France and the Netherlands, the latter pair of which have whole cities controlled by Muslims and Islamic Law to the point where French and Dutch police dare not patrol. Groups like CAIR, alongside mind-numbing enforcers of dhimmitude like the ACLU, are the driving force behind the political correctness that has caused the Archbishop of Canterbury to admit that Sharia Law is inevitable in the U.K.

Groups like CAIR and the ACLU are the forerunners and harbingers of jihad from within, and any red-blooded American who doesn’t believe that this nation is following in the dangerous and self-destructive footsteps of Old Europe is either too involved with American Idol and the NFL playoffs or is willfully and knowingly sticking their head in the sand in the hopes that everything will eventually go away and we’ll be back to tiptoeing through tulips and singing heartwarming John Lennon tunes.

I’m here to tell you that it will not. It will not. Not unless we somehow wake up and smell the jihad.

Everyday Americans, people of all ages and all political affiliations, seem to get this sense that the great experiment which is the United States of America–if not Western civilization as a whole–is somehow infallible, is somehow immune to the adverse consequences of apathy met with evil. It is not. Every great civilization has had its rise and its fall, and there is no reason whatsoever to believe that we somehow cannot share the same fate as the Mayans, as the Prussians, the Egyptians, the Carthaginians or the Romans.

We are marching ourselves, blindfolded by political correctness, right toward our own destruction. Our need to be careful, our obligation to be vigilant, our struggle to be unafraid is damaged and hindered by apologies and arbitration awards, and I fear that unless we wake up, we’ll be handing over our own severed infidel heads before you know it.

Comments

1. chris says:

One thing that makes our country so great is that we do have freedom of speech. But we also have to have responsibility. Responsibility to ourselves and our fellow country men. We need to be responsible for our actions, thoughts, words and deeds. Every thing has a consequence. In our rush to be politically correct we give away our freedom of choice to the courts, to the ACLU and the likes who are not afraid to push repugnant PC beyond the point of reason. I agree 100% with your post. If we simply sit back and do nothing, we get what we ask for, which in the end will be NOTHING. We will have no freedoms left. I foresee a period quickly approaching our nation in which we will once again be split and warring within our own borders. Right now we are at war albeit a war without bullets; a civil war of ideaologies. Capitalism, freedom of religion and the freedom to publicly express such religious beliefs, just to name a few, are losing the battle.

2. Kris says:

And Obama’s Security picks are REALLY going to relieve the nervous! Let the innocent and vulnerable fend for themselves since we’re looking out for the comforts of the enemy.

3. Fred says:

From Today’s news, in the same vein. Ex-Cons were having trouble getting jobs because of their records. The response – eliminate questions from job applications concerning convictions. Don’t ask – don’t tell for ex-cons.

4. Carlyle says:

Quite literally “PC” is not a joke. It is the single worst political event/concept in my lifetime, perhaps all of history. It is worse than communism, worse than nazism, worse than jihad. It is worse than moral and cultural relativism. It is worse because it directly enables – and actively facilitates – all those things.

But in the most incredible twist of fate and logic – the most vile “non PC” thing to do is to criticize “PC” itself.

5. gailbullock says:

There is a difference, I believe, in civil rights and entitlement. The ones who undermine the United States see opportunity in our court system. We have had God removed from schools, and the list goes on and on. America has changed drastically over the years. It’s no longer like it was in “Run, Spot, Run” and “Dick and Jane” reading books of my first grade, with the white picket fences and no police cars in the pictures.

People in oppressed countries have recognized that the United States is theirs for the taking. They see the opportunity through our own freedoms, and we just sit by and put the same people back in Congress who fund all the programs for their education, housing, medical care, and God only knows what else. They have come into our country illegally by the MILLIONS, obtain illegal employment, send the money back to their families in their countries, and pay coyotes to bring more over across our borders. Financially, they are draining us dry. Probable soon-to-be head of Homeland Security Solis is all for unions (remember the UAW?) and wants a union set up for Latinos, without specifying whether the Latinos are here legally or not. Woe be unto us if that happens, whether PC or not! PC be damned!

People, there is no electric fence at our borders to weed out harmful illegal aliens from the ones who want a better place to live. They do not wear signs identifying their intentions, either. Entering this country illegally is a crime, just as much against the law as high-jacking a plane and driving it into the WTC, poisoning our drinking water, smuggling drugs into our country, attacking our infrastructure, and driving drunk and killing Americans. They are ripping our Constitution apart through the courts with their poor-me complaints. I didn’t invite them here, and I don’t feel responsible for their upkeep, whether they are in prison or in communities.

We need somebody with some guts, intelligence, morals, values, and common sense (Jeff M. Schreiber) for President of the United States. We need someone like John Cardillo as head of Homeland Security.

[We need someone like Onslow County (NC)Sheriff Ed Brown as head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Ed has been in law enforcement for 40 years, is a Christian man, and will fire a deputy for being unfaithful to his wife (or husband) because of the lack of trustworthiness. His department does such a good job that he has never asked the county for a budget for equipment for his CSI unit. It has been self-supporting through its own work and funds rewarded from their investigations. Ed Brown is admired and respected by everyone who knows him. (I'll send you a pic, Jeff.)]

We need to be looking around for honest people to send to Washington, not those who are well-oiled in knowing “how the system works.”

I want America back! How about you?

I guess my concern is with the fact that he was asked to remove the shirt, why after investigating and questioning the man should he have to remove the shirt? Also how far can we carry this, if a group of conservatives see’s a liberal with a shirt of Obama can they have him taken off a plane because they dont like it?

Sure it is a matter of common sense, only he wasnt just questioned now was he?

Just in case you haven’t seen this, it seems Obama forgot about a couple of meetings with Blago.

“PC” is only applicable to certain portions of our country. It seems when you’re a Chicago politician such as Rush and his buddies you can get air time saying anything you’d like. If anyone else had made the comments about lynching and racism – everyone’s heads would have blown off.

How do you think the Senate would have responded if David Duke had stood in front of a mic and made these types of comments? Do you think members would have rallying around him? Do you think the Senate would have felt pressured to give him his way? This is the ultimate double standard. The Black Panthers are nothing more than a black KKK – it’s ridiculous the way we bow to them.

“PC” has turned into an effort to limit our free speech/thought. It’s time for us to start standing up and calling bullshit.

9. Fernley Girl says:

Spot on, as always!
    Because you are always insightful I hope you might address the following issue soon: Pelosi to rewrite Fairness Rules. My Representative in the House is a conservative Republican, and Pelosi’s legislation would, I believe, strip me of my right to representation in the House. To me, the legislation appears to secure one-party rule for the House. How can certain members of the House have different rights to legislate than other members of the House?

10. Rick says:

To Anonymous who just doesn’t seem to “get it”. Boarding a plane is a priviledge not a right. The fact that the man didn’t understand this and found it necessary to sue for damages is reason enough to justify the suspicion of the airline and of other passengers. If I fly on a plane, I have a right to expect a reasonable amount of safety. The airline and TSA are the one’s to provide that. They were doing their job and now, because of the lawsuit, will be twice shy to protect MY safety the next time. We are a suicidal nation at this point.

Where can I get one of those Arabic teeshirts and the lawyers phone number. Quick, I need $240,000 real quick.

I disagree here Jeff. That was plain old discrimination. It was insulting and wrong. So I figure if I try all the airlines I am sure to get at least one hit for the money.

anyone know where I can get Arab teeshits.

When we discriminate against Arabs we are fostering hatred and continuation of war. Jesus said to Love your enemy. Love dictates that you accept people and give them freedom.

I am not Arab and oppose Obama strongly. I am regular Christian who tries to actually live what Jesus said. Forgiveness is the cornerstone of all solutions in this world. Changing me and stop trying to change anyone else is the way for me to go.

We are all ONE therefore the Arab and You and I are all one. Live it and it transforms my life. To Love myself I must love everyone. If there is even one person I do not love then I do not love myself. For that person is really me.

the primary cause for the fall of civilizations,empires and cultures is CORRUPTION, and the second weakness

13. marie says:

Jeff
    I’m not a great writer but I think you or one of your “staff” writers should write a piece on the circus interview of Ann Coulter by NBC’s Harry Smith and the subsequent replacement of Ann with Rachel “Obama and liberals can do no wrong” Maddow. There are times that I do think Ann tries to be a little too cute but at the heart of her writing, I think she often gets to the core of what is wrong in our society today. Harry Smith was gunning for her and refused to see the truth in anything she was saying. He tried the “Poor Ann is a victim” (even though it was obviously not her argument) just to try and belittle and disempower her viewpoint. There was not even a minimal attempt to be objective about what she was saying–he was obviously smearing her at every point in the interview just to promote the liberal view. Here is the link:

I am soooooo sick of this PC issue!!! Why is anyone shocked when airline passengers become uneasy when they overhear Arab passengers discussing safety issues on the plane and what part of the plane is safest? What are we to do when radical Muslims tell us every day that they want to kill us and destroy our way of life….the innocent Arabs should blame them, not us. I wonder what would happen to me if I traveled to Saudia Arabia or Iran and wore a t-shirt that said “I hate Muslims” or “Kill all Muslims”? Do you think I would be escorted to a safe place and allowed to sue those who ‘violated’ my rights? I am not saying these people were guilty of anything but unfortunately, WE DON’T KNOW WHO IS GOOD AND WHO IS BAD….they should blame those who created this situation. We have allowed all people to live in our country and share our democratic freedoms in peace and what do we get for it…criticism and law suits….what about our rights…what does the ACLU do to protect ordinary, hard-working American citizens whose parents and grandparents fought and died to secure our freedom…NOTHING! We are becoming the minority and we can’t depend on corrupt politicians to protect our country.

15. PattyW says:

I wonder if all those hippies from the 60′s would have made a career of cashing in on this type of lawsuit if they could have. Just think of all the vans that got pulled over and searched because they had pot leaves painted on the sides!

PS. The comments about VT hit a nerve with me. My daughter was way too close to that blood bath.

16. Katherine says:

I’d like to play devil’s advocate and make another point building on anonymous’s (3:11pm) post.

Let’s say we agree that racial profiling is ok in the name of safety. Middle eastern and south asian people need to expect to be questioned for longer (which they already do…my friends of these descents always show up to the airport 3-4 hours early.) The question is — how would making a guy cover his shirt improve anyone’s safety in any way? Seems as though they had already deemed him not to be a threat, but they didn’t want to look at the arabic writing. That just doesn’t make sense to me. Not that a $240K payout makes sense to me, either, but I think that the guy was right to claim that the actions of TSA and/or the airline were nothing but discriminatory.

I don’t know about the t-shirt issue, but that picture of the news anchor reporting the rapist story is hillarious :-) .

Who was the attorney and was this a jury trial? Ridiculous is an understatement to put it mildly. A teeshirt can’t harm anyone. Why take it off or for that matter or why wear something that offensive(?) in the first place? Who reads Arabic to know just WHAT the shirt said? A total waste of money and time for what?

The First Amendment protects the right to free speech.

And the U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly labeled the right to travel as fundamental.

So when a government agency (like the TSA) starts restricting speech based on content (and that speech isn’t threatening), that’s a violation of constitutional rights.

20. anonymous240k says:

Hey Jeff, I would like to contribute $240,000 to maintain this website courtesy of the ACLU.

Simply walk into the ACLU (Anti-American Criminal Lover Union) office in NY and protest that you are required to proceed through their metal detectors before you can even speak to anyone there without being considered or profiled as a ‘terrorist’ or someone who is assumed to be committing a criminal act simply by their assumption that you are carrying a concealed weapon (illegal in NY).

They are pre-judging you to be a criminal with intent of violence with no probable cause or reason… basically profiling you as you are required to proceeed through the detector.

Perhaps someone can then take you case for being ‘profiled’ for no actual reason.

Finally, please send me 10% of your take for the idea… since Obama is going to increase my taxes anyway, if SCOTUS doesn’t step up and enforce the Constitution.

How did the US get this way?
    “Quite simply, it happened because America lost its grasp of its own historic character, and embraced “diversity” as a national goal. In the name of equality and nondiscrimination we invited mass immigration from every part of the globe, and made no demands on the newcomers to become Americans. In fact, we gave up our American core, adopted multiculturalism and declared all cultures equal. We invited the new groups to celebrate themselves while we cravenly permitted libelous denigration of our own past. Like fools we prated that diversity is our strength, when common sense and all history tell us that strength comes from unity.
    Absolute nondiscrimination meant we no longer enforced standards, made judgements, distinguished between good and evil, friend and foe. We grew lazy, stupid and careless-about our borders, about national security, even about terrorist attacks against us. We worried over our “hate crimes” and our “racial profiling,” while men resided in our midst who seethed with murderous fury even against our children and plotted our destruction.”
    New York University literature professor Carol Iannone.

The following is the 2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was Political Correctness.

The winner wrote:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

23. CAPT-DAX says:

There Battle Plan..

1. Terminate America’s freedom of speech by replacing it with hate crime bills state-wide and nation-wide.

2. Wage a war of words using black leaders like Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Jesse Jackson and other visible religious personalities to promote Islam as the original African-American’s religion while Christianity is for the whites! Strange enough, no one tells the African-Americans that it was the Arab Muslims who captured them and sold them as slaves, neither the fact that in Arabic the word for black and slave is the same, “Abed.

3. Engage the American public in dialogues, discussions, debates in colleges, universities, public libraries, radio, TV, churches and mosques on the virtues of Islam. Proclaim how it is historically another religion like Judaism and Christianity with the same monotheistic faith.

4. Nominate Muslim sympathizers to political office for favorable legislation to Islam and support potential sympathizers by block voting.

5. Take control of as much of Hollywood, the press, TV, radio and the internet by buying the corporations or a controlling stock.

6. Yield to the fear of imminent shut-off of the lifeblood of America – the black gold. America’s economy depends on oil, (1000 products are derived from oil), so does its personal and industrial transportation and manufacturing -41% comes from the Middle East.

7. Yell, “foul, out-of-context, personal interpretation, hate crime, Zionist, un- American, inaccurate interpretation of the Quran” anytime Islam is criticized or the Quran is analyzed in the public arena.

8. Encourage Muslims to penetrate the White House, specifically with Islamists who can articulate a marvelous and peaceful picture of Islam. Acquire government positions, get membership in local school boards. Train Muslims as medical doctors to dominate the medical field, research and pharmaceutical companies. Take over the computer industry. Establish Middle Eastern restaurants throughout the U.S. to connect planners of Islamization in a discreet way.
    Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America?

Accelerate Islamic demographic growth via:

a.
    Massive immigration (100,000 annually since 1961)

b. No birth control whatsoever – every baby of Muslim parents is automatically a Muslim and cannot choose another religion later.

c. Muslim men must marry American women and Islamize them (10,000 annually). Then divorce them and remarry every five years – since one cannot have the Muslim legal permission to marry four at one time. This is a legal solution in America.

d. Convert angry, alienated black inmates and turn them into militants (so far 2000 released inmates have joined Al Qaida world-wide). Only a few have been captured in Afghanistan and on American soil.
    So far – sleeping cells!

10. Reading, writing, arithmetic and research through the American educational system, mosques and student centers (now 1500) should be sprinkled with dislike of Jews, evangelical Christians and democracy. There are 300 exclusively Muslim schools with loyalty to the Quran, not the U.S. Constitution.

11. Provide very sizeable monetary Muslim grants to colleges and universities in America to establish “Centers for Islamic studies” with Muslim directors to promote Islam in higher education institutions.

12. Let the entire world know through propaganda, speeches, seminars, local and national media that terrorists have hijacked Islam, not the truth, which is Islam hijacked the terrorists. Furthermore in January of 2002, Saudi Arabia’s Embassy in Washington mailed 4500 packets of the Quran, videos, promoting Islam to America’s high schools–free. They would never allow us to reciprocate.

13. Appeal to the historically compassionate and sensitive Americans for sympathy and tolerance towards the Muslims in America who are portrayed as mainly immigrants from oppressed countries.

14. Nullify America’s sense of security by manipulating the intelligence community with misinformation. Periodically terrorize Americans of impending attacks on bridges, tunnels, water supplies, airports, apartment buildings and malls. (We have experienced this too often since 9-11.

15. Form riots and demonstrations in the prison system demanding Islamic Sharia as the way of life, not American’s justice system.

16. Open numerous charities throughout the U.S. but use the funds to support Islamic terrorism with American dollars.

17. Raise interest in Islam on America’s campuses by insisting that freshman take at least one course on Islam. Be sure that the writer is a bonafide American, Christian, scholarly and able to cover up the violence in the Quran and express the peaceful, spiritual and religious aspect only.

18. Unify the numerous Muslim lobbies in Washington, mosques, Islamic student centers, educational organizations, magazines and papers by internet and an annual convention to coordinate plans, propagate the faith and engender news in the media of their visibility.

19. Send intimidating messages and messengers to the outspoken individuals who are critical of Islam and seek to eliminate them by hook or crook.

20. Applaud Muslims as loyal citizens of the US by spotlighting their voting record as the highest percentage of all minority and ethic groups in America.

Dr. Anis Shorrosh, D.Min, D.Phil, and a member of Oxford Society of Scholars, has traveled in 76 countries. He is a Palestinian Arab Christian American, who is an author, lecturer and producer of TV documentaries. He is author of the best-seller “Islam Revealed” and his tenth book – “Islam: A Threat or a Challenge.” – was published in the spring, 2003.

Say no to Islamofascism

24. greenthum says:

I encourage all those responding to Jeff’s article “Paving the Way for Jihad From Within” to be as politically incorrect as possible from this day forward!

25. Roses, WA says:

What does it cost the ACLU to lose a lawsuit? How much do they get when they win? How much can they “contribute” to campaigns of politicians who decide the judges that oversee such cases? Trial Lawyers donate the most, then Wall Street, and there may be a reason for that. If bank robbers could elect the keepers of the vault combinations then maybe there would be fewer lawyers.

26. Courtney says:

Okay, all you people defending the guy with the t-shirt, try to think like the bad guy here….

This guy still could have been a decoy, testing the system as far it can go just to see what the reaction will be. They’re trying to see how much they can get away with openly.

I’m all for love your neighbor as yourself when it makes sense, but the world is at war against terror right now. That means you have to use a little common sense. Laying out the red carpet for the guy that wants to kill you is just plain nuts.

It’s a t-shirt. When you get down to brass tacks, that’s all it was. They investigated the guy, searched him, and (presumably) checked his baggage, and he was clean. Thus, he was denied boarding solely because his shirt carried Arabic script.

That’s nuts.

Anon at 11:28 pm

I knew I should’ve completed my transfer application years ago…

GO AGGIES!!!!

I wonder how not a single politician has ever come with a policial platform that would officially and loudly denounce and condemn political correctness as a way of life. It often seems that such a politician would gather a rather substantial support – say, 50-60% of the population – from both sides of the aisle.

Interesting reading about Obama’s altered Cert. of Live Birth.
    [HRS 338-13(b), 338-19]
    is PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE
    proving that this certificate was filed a year or more and/or
    altered
    and the LEGAL NOTICE on the certificate
    OHSM 1.1 (Rev. 11/01) LASER
    informs us that it was filed and/or altered in November 2001.
    furtheer reading and credits to http://crisericson.com/

31. goddessdivine says:

Amen Jeff. Hmmmm, this is kinda like some of the terrorists being held back on 9/11, but officials letting them go in order to avoid any accusations of ‘racial profiling’. Sickening is what it is. Look where PC-ness has gotten us?

The ACLU has lost its meaningfulness and needs to be abolished.

32. suek says:

Capt Dax…

Copied, pasted and saved.

Is there a link I could use to sprinkle around the various places I visit on the net?

34. Dee says:

This is exactly why very few will question Barack Obama. They will be seen as racist.

35. janet says:

Tell me Jeff. For those of us who either are, or have woken up. What do we do? The sheer number of people asleep outnumber the rest of us. It will take a deep cut and a lot of pain to wake up enough people to make a difference. They’re like sheep being led to the slaughter.

36. MaryAlice says:

To Janet and Jeff:

Go to http://www.hermancain.com and join
    the “Intelligent Thinkers Movement).
    The mission: Take Back our Government.

You can learn something from Mr. Cain. Go to this web site and see for yourself!!

This may answer your question: What do we do?

Hey Jeff–

Care to explain to your unwashed masses the holdings of United States v. O’Brien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968), Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community Sch. Dist., 393 U.S. 503 (1969), and Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971)?

38. CAPT-DAX says:

suek said… Copy anyting you need, Spread the Truth!

This is my analysis of the Islamic invasion of America,

the agenda of Islamists and visible methods to take over America by the year 2020!

Dr. Anis Shorrosh/
    Oxford Society of Scholars

It’s all i have..

39. suek says:

Went to the wrong site, but you might enjoy this…

40. Katherine says:

Courtney said:

“In Vietnam, the enemy used children as booby traps to kill the American soldiers. One example is by bringing them glasses of ice water that also included broken glass. The guy with the t-shirt could have (or next time, could be) a decoy to distract attention from the other muslim terrorists (yeah, I said it) boarding the plane.”

Oh come on. What idiot terrorist would bring along a t-shirt decoy guy who would just serve the purpose of making people MORE scared and therefore MORE vigilant about all of their surroundings? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have some white children decoys–something that would reduce anxiety and awareness? T-shirt guy would make a terrible decoy.

No one has convinced me that removing/covering this guy’s shirt could be construed as something that would make passengers more safe.* I’m not saying that profiling is bad. I’m not saying that extra questioning is bad. I’m saying that there are some “safety” measures we have out there that serve ZERO purpose. I’m glad that this discriminatory event was recognized as such (not that I think the payout was appropriate, though.)

*The extent to which covering the guy’s shirt could make people more safe is that it would calm down irrationally freaked out passengers, so that they wouldn’t do something crazy like get out of their seat during a turbulence in order to attack him mid-flight. But that’s a reflection on xenophobic, crazy passengers rather than the t-shirt guy himself, so it’s probably not the argument most of you folks want to take. Nor do I think it is a sufficient risk to justify requiring the guy to cover his shirt or remove it.

…but what if the terrorists have developed exploding t-shirts that don’t set off the metal detectors (yet require arabic writing to be on them)?

42. La Muse Poetique says:

I agree that they had the right to question him.

I believe that after they did, and after they found out what it was, they shouldn’t have the right to force him to take the shirt off.

I don’t think he should have gotten as much money as he did, (That’s just ridiculous) but the airline were very irresponsible in how they handled the situation.

43. Mark says:

To anonymous who wrote “Boarding a plane is a priviledge not a right.”

Ever hear of “public accomodations”?

Open a restaurant and turn people away because of their race or national origin. You will be sued and you will lose.

It is 2009, maybe it is time to lose the racism.