Congratulations to Bristol Palin!

Fox News is reporting that Bristol Palin, the teenage daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, gave birth to a seven pound, four ounce bouncing baby boy on Sunday. If the little munchkin is anything like his grandmother–grandmother!?!–I’d like to be the first one to say…

Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston in 2044!

Comments

1. Claudia says:

right on, Bristol is a lovely young gal and her boyfreind is a very nice seeming young man with a bright future ahead of him. I hope that they have a wonderful life and family and that Grandma puts lots of really great values into that young mind. She (Sarah) has a very special quality about her and a total conviction in her heart. Congratulations to the Palin family for the newest addition.

Let’s hope the values he learns are not the ones of his paternal grandmother, the one who was just busted for drug dealing.

3. Jeff Schreiber says:

Very good point!

4. Laurie says:

Agreed about the paternal grandmother..but somehow I don’t think Sarah will let that happen!

Congrats to the happy family. I can relate as my daughter presented me with the BEST Christmas present ever…my first grandchild…a little girl!! She is now my world and with the help of all I will make this world (country) something she will be proud of.

I can’t go along with your, left-leaning, apparent approval of this birth.

Just another unwed mother as far as I’m concerned.

Nothing about this is right.

Jesus is coming and He is NOT happy.

7. suek says:

There are no illegitimate babies…there are only illegitimate parents!

Lets hope these illegitimate parents grow into their new status as parents.

Anonymous @ 10:32..

Would Jesus be happier if this baby had been aborted? The sin is in the past, the baby is the future. Believe me…these young people will pay for their sin – at least 20 years worth! True, they’ll also be greatly rewarded at the same time, but they are now in bondage to that little bundle.

Who can _not_ rejoice in a new baby?

as a “new-ish” “conservative,” I will forgive you, but don’t you think it is entirely premature to think lineage or “who your parents are” to determine who should be a likely candidate a little myopic?

Good for them, but at the rate society is unraveling, it won’t matter.

9. Mary Ann says:

Good grief, Rix, the girl was 6 mos. pregnant before the Palins ever came onto the national stage. What in the world makes you think that the RNC had anything to do with the young couple’s plans. I can assure you that if Grandma Sarah didn’t think the young man was suitable for her daughter there wouldn’t be any marriage.

Anonymous…my Jesus isn’t unhappy about the birth of this child. Certainly the circumstances surrounding his conception could have been better, but that isn’t the child’s fault. Shame on you…Jesus isn’t a cosmic meanie.

Rix said…
    “These two young Alaskans have been pulled in together by a political whirlwind – I’m not exactly sure if the happy father would have a ring if not for the RNC holding a gun against his head – but that might as well work for everyone’s good, themselves including. And Mrs. Sarah Palin… oh, I wonder how soon the term “gmilf” will start floating around. :)

Anonymous said…
    “Jeff,
    I can’t go along with your, left-leaning, apparent approval of this birth.

Just another unwed mother as far as I’m concerned.

Nothing about this is right.

Jesus is coming and He is NOT happy.”

“Jesus is coming and He is NOT happy” was meant as a general statement about the failures of our society in general.

Of course, He welcomes a new birth, and God accepts and loves the little one as His son and innocent of all sin.

11. Jeff Schreiber says:

The suggestion was merely a joke!

12. gailbullock says:

What was it Jesus said? “Suffer the little children to come unto me.” The B word or any clarification is missing. “Judge not, that ye be not judged.” Shame on you for putting your own words into the Lord’s mouth!

13. MUJERLATINA says:

The mother of Jesus was an unwed teenager whose future husband married her despite the unusual circumstances surrounding His birth! And God was pleased with His birth. Let us pray for baby Tripp and his young parents. Que Dios los bendiga… Amen.

I will bet anyone posting here $100that those two never marry

I’m ready for my $100! Thanks, Anonymous!