I’m taking the day off, y’all.

It’s midnight now on Wednesday. I have my last exam of the semester tonight.

It’s Election Law, of all things, and I am utterly, rabidly unprepared.

A two-credit course, this is what took the fall when I didn’t have time to devote to everything. Now, instead of being unsure of myself in that I haven’t reviewed enough, or just am not comfortable with the materials, I’m hours away from taking a test which determines 100 percent of my grade and find myself looking at the syllabus and the casebook and asking myself: “We covered this?”

Not good.

I think I whipped up pretty good on my final Pre-Trial Advocacy project and my other two exams, so they may help offset a poor grade here — but I’d rather it not come to that.

So, I’ll be up ’till about four a.m. again–that’s been pretty much every day this week–then it’s off to work and to school for the 6:30 p.m. exam. Maybe I’ll get lucky and one of the essay questions will be something along the lines of “Discuss the Natural Born Citizen Clause and the various challenges made against both candidates in the recent presidential election.”

Somehow, I doubt it.

So, nothing from me today. Comments will be put in if I have the chance.

After today, only three more semesters left until we can pick up and move down to the Palmetto State. I’ll see y’all on the other side.

– Jeff

Comments

Best of luck Jeff! Thanks for all you have done and continue to do.

Hopefully you’ll catch a break like the Natural Born Citizen Question, one can only hope which is what most of the country is doing right now : )

Good luck! For sheer staying power, try Mountain Dew along with cheddar Goldfish crackers. But watch out for the sugar-low crash afterwards. It used to hit me smack in the middle of the exam I was studying for!

Seriously, hang in there and may God bless your efforts with success.

good luck, Jeff….. You will do great, you have a really good mind for deciphering puzzles and you will come through with this final puzzle that they are trying to trip you up with. Hang in there and no matter what, think positive.

Claudia,
    Reno, NV

4. Jeff Schreiber says:

PREESHEEATECHA!

My late-night secret is sunflower seeds–they keep the mouth busy and the brain awake–and fresh-brewed iced tea with just a touch of Sweet ‘N Low. If it’s a really bad night where I could fall asleep standing up, I’ll make use of a Monster-brand caffeine fest.

In the morning, it’s coffee.

I can’t wait to have my normal, still-late-but-not-obscene hours back.

Good luck Jeff! I will say a prayer for you. I know you will do well on your exam.

You are doing fine Jeff, but you are going to have to take better care of yourself. These insane hours will catch up with you physically. I ran like that for a while. It helped me have 2 heart attacks. They were not fun.

7. MUJERLATINA says:

Keep going, Jeff. Don’t forget to take a moment to exercise to get the seretonin flowing. I somehow made it through medical school (in the Palmetto State) with the promise to myself — prepared or not, to bed at 10:30 pm. It really worked, because it forced me to time manage and feel ‘human’ — until the clinical years when the 120 hour in-hospital weeks took over… Anyway, I admire you for juggling family, work and school. I will offer prayers during the latter Advent season for you. May God prepare your heart for Christmas, and your mind for final exams!

Lord….
    Enable Jeff in every way possible
    Amen

For the rest of ya….some more hope:
    see…AOL poll story at

More for the rest of ya….
    it’s the economy stupid stuff…see:

Jeff…Best of luck to you today and I am sure you will do fine. God will bless you for all the good you are doing here. Hang in and you will be rewarded.

jeff
    i guess you know it, sunflowers seeds are the best antiprostate disorders

12. caffinequeen says:

Good luck Jeff! I’m sure that you will do just fine!

Off topic but scary I wnder ifyu have seen this?

Apparently the FBI now considers “Super Patriots” and people who quote the constitution or ask what authority the person stopping them has for doing so in the same leage with Skinheads,KKK and other terrorists.

I’m working on a piece for my own blog on this but I would enjoy yur take on the subject for sure. It’s getting kinda scary. What’s next?

CQ

Good luck Jeff, I hope you get what you’re hoping for….I have enjoyed and look forward to your posts….they are as addictive as my morning coffee. Keep up the “good” works.

Harvard

14. goddessdivine says:

Good luck!

15. gailbullock says:

We all love you, Jeff, because of your caring about us, your truth, and your character. You are always in our prayers. Your success is our success. Again, thanks for every word you write (anywhere). We know you will keep your GPA, War Eagle! Keep your chin up and the coffee hot!

16. sisterrosetta says:

Good luck, Jeff!

Please know that your contributions are greatly appreciated by many.

And that you have been a key player in this entire saga.

Mike Gallagher believes we’re all suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Oh well.

I remember whenever I had a tough exam to get through, I kept telling myself that by this time tomorrow all this will be behind me.

That seemed to help to calm me down.

Blessings from Our Creator.

Lawdawg was right again – Justice Kennedy denied the Lightfoot petition.

Best of luck Jeff – I have great faith that you will come through this on top – as you are top notch.
    Don’t know how you have sleep-walked through all this exam stuff, but keep going.

When you finish this last one, first thing; get some sleep – as much as possible. Then try to watch what you eat, whole food, not junk food. Dr’s now say that a Mediterranean type diet is best – along with some exercise, to keep you healthy. We want you around for a long time.

Funny of the day – from a blogger on another site, about the two dominant political parties:

‘…I’ll pet my elephant, you kiss your ass…’

Hang in there, hope the exam goes well.

19. Sherry says:

Looks like Rahm’s lack of transparency is nothing new. He didn’t feel he had to answer to the OIG why would he have to answer to us???

Good Luck Jeff!!!

20. Sherry says:

By the way, if you happen to get push back from the left as it relates to immigrants. Please see below the impact this can have on our country – has already had on our country.

You can’t buy love, but if you can persuade an American to marry you, you can buy yourself invaluable time, legal residence, and eventual citizenship. Marriage fraud, says Richard Gottlieb, officer in charge of the North Carolina INS, is “like the path of least resistance.”

Convicted 1993 World Trade Center conspirator El Sayyid A. Nosair marched down the aisle with Karen Ann Mills Sweeney, an American-born convert to Islam, just as he was facing possible deportation for overstaying his visa. As a result, he secured legal permanent residence status and later became a naturalized American citizen. So did Osama bin Laden’s personal secretary, Wadih el Hage, who married an American in 1985 and became a naturalized citizen in 1989. Khalid Abu al Dahab, who plotted the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Africa, struck gold after marrying three American women, finally obtaining U.S. citizenship. Ali Mohammed, another top terrorist aide to bin Laden who was convicted for his role in the embassy bombings, also became an American citizen, after marrying a woman he met on a plane trip from Egypt to New York.

Eight Middle Eastern men who plotted to bomb New York landmarks obtained legal permanent residence by marrying American citizens. So did Zuhaier Ben Mohammed Rouissi, a Tunisian national with ties to top terrorist suspects. He paid Christy Layne of Canton, Ohio, $1,100 to marry him after his tourist visa lapsed. Lebanon-born Chawki Youssef Hammoud hooked up with Jessica Yolanda Fortune in 1994. Hammoud’s marriage afforded him a green-card windfall—and the cover to operate a cell that allegedly smuggled cigarettes to raise cash for the terrorist organization Hezbollah. Fortune was convicted of marriage fraud in October 2001.

Hammoud’s brother, Mohammed, married three different American citizens. After arriving in the United States on a counterfeit visa, receiving a deportation order, and filing an appeal, he wed Sabina Edwards and sought a green card. Suspicious INS officials refused to award him legal status after this first marriage was deemed bogus in 1994. Undaunted, he married Jessica Wedel in May 1997, and while still wed to her, paid the already married Angela Tsioumas to marry him in Detroit. The Tsioumas union netted Hammoud temporary legal residence, and the couple settled in Charlotte, North Carolina, where law enforcement officials say they operated an elaborate smuggling and terrorist-related ring.

21. PatGund@gmail.com says:

Good luck and best regards!

22. OSoccer says:

My prayers are with you big Jeff! You are by far the most cogent blogger I have read on the web! Thanks for all your sacrifices in terms of giving up sleep and personal time to keep us enlightened on the major issues of our time.

23. suek says:

>>Apparently the FBI now considers "Super Patriots" and people who quote the constitution or ask what authority the person stopping them has for doing so in the same leage with Skinheads,KKK and other terrorists.>>

Maybe with good cause. The Alinsky principles for the purpose of overthrowing the government include "make them follow their own rules – to the letter". We see examples of this in many of the cases the ACLU takes to court. (hark back to "Merchant of Venice" – "One pound of flesh, but not a drop of blood"). In fact, those who want to cite the Constitution in fact _do_ want to overthrow the present government, which seems to have little regard for same, which is why the FBI is concerned about them. Your statement assumes that the FBI should support the Constitution – it doesn't, necessarily – it supports the current government.

24. K says:

You seem like a quick study — I bet you’ll do fine. After you walk out from this last exam, make sure that you spend some quality time with your wife and precious little girl over the holidays.

God bless you!

K

this is for the person who posted the FBI flyer

According to Terry Chapman of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office — whose name is on the flyer as the MCSO contact — the FBI created the flyer and printed the MCSO and Attorney's Office before the text was approved. He said it was created as a full color brochure to hand out to officers, not for the general public — and that as soon as he saw it, he urged them not to use it, knowing it had some problems.

Jeff.

I just said a prayer for you. Just loosen up and take DEEP breaths.

Best of luck, Jeff. I’m still having nightmares about law school (1980) — that I was signed up for a course I never attended, it’s too late to withdraw, and now’s time for finals. Whew.

I’m sure you’ll do very well. You’ve been a wonderful law teacher to all of us in your blog, and that should help with the exam…

28. tanarg says:

Extremely Bizarre: Need Sleuth

Go to http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGIH,GGIH:2006-49,GGIH:en&q=5046+S%2e+Greenwood+ave+chicago+il

The telephone number listed for Barack Obama is for the Party of Socialism and Liberation in San Francisco. See http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/ for more.

The Party for Socialism and Liberation's website:

See

Phone number listed here:

29. Jan says:

Jeff
    Blessing on all your efforts. Stay true to yourself and God and you’ll be amazed at the blessings He bestows upon you.
    I have had you on my prayer list for the last month. Not only you, but your family too. This is quite the sacrifice for them as well. I know they want the very best for you as well.
    Looking forward to seeing how well you did.

30. Janet says:

Hey, Jeff: Here are the answers to the first 5 questions on your final:
    1. Yes
    2. Obama
    3. Fraud
    4. Natural Born Citizen
    5. Hillary

I’m sure you’re doing just fine, you intelligent intellectual, you. Good luck and I am looking forward to more good articles when you’re ready.

31. Kahleeka says:

God bless ya and best of luck! Thanks for all you do!