Hugs For Terrorists! (again)

Former President Jimmy Carter is in the Middle East again, meeting with leaders of a terrorist group as part of his Detente-At-All-Costs World Tour 2008. This is the second time, remember, as he famously made a trip to the West Bank in April, during which time he managed to hug a Hamas leader and lay a wreath at the grave of Yassir Arafat, founder of Fatah and Chairman of the PLO.

For some reason, liberals seem unable to discern good from evil, and while they question the actions of the American president and of American soldiers, they have no problem giving the benefit of the doubt to those who threaten our allies and carry out those threats. I don’t get it.

In the caves along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border, we are laughed at because we put known terrorists on trial. These are people who, given the chance, would slit the throats of their infidel captors–or their wives, or their children–in an instant. These are people who wake up from dreams of our destruction.

This is evil, it is real, and it’s getting a warm embrace from the 39th president of the United States . It is tangible, it is functional, and it is out there. Some of our leaders in Washington, D.C.–along with many Americans and former American presidents–prefer to deny it or simply keep their heads in the sand. Perhaps it’s the same way with handing out trophies to all of the Little League teams in the tournament. People prefer to think that all kids are capable of hitting a jump-shot or scoring a goal or hitting a grand slam or mastering the parallel bars if they are just given the chance, and just as there are no true “losers” when it comes to children and sports, there apparently are no true evil people when it comes to the human race.

Yet Jimmy “Dhimmi” Carter feels it necessary to embrace these types of people, literally and figuratively. I guess it’s the same mentality behind the urban thug who was “just turning his life around” when he killed a husband and wife in a botched home invasion, or the continuing mystery of the non-incarcerated, drunk-Muppet-sounding Barney Frank. It’s accountability only when it fits the liberal ideology, and political correctness and naivete each and every other day of the year. Tanked our economy? By all means, come talk about how you’ll fix it on Meet the Press. Waging a terrorist war against Israel? By all means, here’s a hug and kiss from a former American president.

I wrote the following back in March in a piece entitled Blindfolded by Political Correctness, We March to Our Own Destruction. I think it applies here as well:

People seem to get this sense that America and Western civilization as a whole is somehow infallible. It is not. Every great civilization, from the Prussians to the Egyptians to the Carthaginians to the Romans, has fallen — and there is no reason to believe that we cannot be next.

We are marching ourselves, blindfolded by political correctness, right toward our own destruction. We need to be careful, we need to be vigilant, and we need to be unafraid, lest we hand over our own severed infidel heads on a silver platter.

Comments

1. gailbullock says:

Jeff, your bio says you are 30 yoa. Please meet the residency requirements if you are willing to show your long-form birth certificate, etc., when you reach 35 yoa. And, please run for POTUS! This is not flattery. We, the American people, need you up there! I believe you would have to be as clean as a whistle, and I would trust your judgment in anything.

Isn’t it treasonous, or at least illegal, for someone to be abroad conducting “affairs of the State” and not being the official Government designee to conduct such affairs?

I believe Hitlary Clinton is also guilty of the same thing.

3. Rob says:

Sorry Jeff this has nothing to do with “Hugs for Terrorists”

I dont get it, i was reading comments all over the internet and they were talking about Obama and the name Barry and some are saying that the name Barry is Obama’s nick name. So if this is true that Barry is his nick name why would they put Barry Soetoro on his Indonesian school registration? I have a nick name but i NEVER use it when i have to sign something. This is what i am getting at if (lets just say your mother) married another man, and your mother changed your last name to match her new husband last name, then why would she change your first name to your nick name? But if Obama’s mother did not legally change his first name then anything he would have signed using the name Barry Soetoro would be illegal? I am thinking that Obama’s names are like his underwear he changes then everyday, today it’s Obama tomorrow it’s Hank. So when did he stop using the name Barack(his real name?) and start using Barry(his nick name?) and then go back using his frist name(Barack)….with all the crazy things going on with this guy, i bet on the day they pull out his birth certificate his real name would turn out to be Louis Cyphre!!!!

and now we have a President-Elect who will go even further than Carter ever did and actually sit down and talk to those who would jsut as gladly lop off his head also.

I don’t get it either, Jeff. And I guess that we have no recourse for anything that is going to happen to our nation as a result of all the shenagians that are on-going in Washington DC as this is being written, all in the effort to make this demise of the Great AMerica all the faster and more complete.

I wake up with nightmares over all of what is going on……

Jeff should run, but he needn’t bother finding his BC. A candidate who ran for president a few cycles ago (and lost) in response to a question said that he

“… just asserted that he met the constitutional requirement.”

Nothing more was required to have his name placed on the ballot. Not even a passport, driver’s license or short form BC.

6. Jeff Schreiber says:

I have mine. It says six pounds, twelve ounces.

That doesn’t mean I’m running for anything, and certainly not soon. Come spring of 2010, I’ll graduate from law school with about $160,000 in debt. Gotta pay that off first, and I don’t have any vacant Senate seats to sell!

7. Larry Walker says:

Cover Photo: Obama Election Illegal! Hit’s cover of Globe Magazine. http://bit.ly/tCXr All the sleepers will soon open their eyes.

8. Orlando says:

President Carter aka Hamas Jimmy aka Jimmy the Dhimmi is the poster child for American Dhimmitude. He’s actually won the American Dhimmi Award 2006 and 2007 from jihadwatch.com.

The only thing that comforts me is reading the anti-jihad blogs and seeing how far worse dhimmitude is in every other country in the West. The US doesn’t even remotely compare to the disgrace of Canada, UK, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Italy.

It’s only a matter of time before civil war erupts. I just hope to GOd that Obama doesn’t act the Clinton and bomb the European whites because of “harsh and unfair treatment of Muslims”.

9. Bobby K.. says:

HERE’S THE LINK TO THE GLOBE ARTICLE, NOTHING IN IT UNLESS YOU BUY THE GLOBE…

ASHAMED THE STORY COMES OUT IN PRINT AND IT’S IN A MAG LIKE THIS, KINDA GOES WITH THE SPEAKERS AT THE CONFERENCE JEFF WENT TO…. SOMEBODY GET ON THIS STORY IN THE MEDIA. THE MSM SHOULD BE ASHAMED,,,

Just received the following email from Pastor Manning. Civil Disobedience???

The “Pay for Play” scandal brewing in Chicago should render Governor Blagojevich incapable of submitting the state of Illinois electoral votes to the U.S. Congress on 8 January. I will be contacting attorney Orly Taitz, who filed an application in the California Supreme Court challenging Barack Hussein Obama’s eligibility on behalf of Ambassador Alan Keyes and Dr. Wiley S. Drake; president and vice presidential candidates in the 2008 election. Today, Sunday the 14th of December puts us just 24 hours away from the decision to be rendered by the Supreme Court of the United States on the Cort Wrotnowski’s application challenging Barack Hussein Obama’s eligibility under the “Natural Born Citizen” clause of the U.S. Constitution. I am writing to encourage all those who seek justice and truth for this nation to Be Not Dismayed if the court does not rule to open the matter for trial to finally determine if Barack Hussein Obama is indeed eligible to have run for the office of President of the United States, or any elected office for that matter. In the Leo C. Donofrio case challenging the Secretary of State in New Jersey it is clear that the Secretary acted with blatant disregard for the law by allowing Roger Calero, of the Socialist Workers Party and holder of a Green Card to run for President of the United States. It is with much regret that the Supreme Court of the United States did not assign the case for trial in New Jersey. If we cannot find appropriate and reasonable redress in our courts, then we must begin to seek remedies through Civil Disobedience to protect the United States Constitution. Every soldier and elected official has sworn to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution. It is also the right of every “Natural Born Citizen” to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution. Radical leader of the terrorist group Weather Underground, William Ayers was photographed recently trampling on the U.S. Flag. It appears that Barack Hussein Obama and his supporters are “hell bent” on trampling on the U.S. Constitution. If the Supreme Court of the United States sends us another disappointment, then I will call an emergency meeting of “The 2012 Elect Movement” to discuss remedies of Civil Disobedience to protect our honored and time tested U.S. Constitution. Peace, Long Live The U.S. Constitution
    James David Manning

You do know that a good amount of people in Israel back direct talks with Hamas?

I guess the Jews want to give the Jew-haters a chance too? LOL

Off topic………

The Virginia Electors have hired an attorney to investigate and advise them on Obama’s citizenship. I posted earlier to several blogs asking people to send the attorney the information he needs to make his decision. I just talked to his office and they told me nodbody has sent any information other than the letter I sent him. This is a chance to actually do something – why isnt anyone helping?!?! The lawyer is Eric Martin, McGuire Woods LLP, 901 East Cary Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219. PLEASE HELP- TIME IS SHORT

Has anyone been following this case?

12 Washington voters sue to set aside the election of Barack Obama in Washington.

The Washington Supreme Court has set a date for the case Broe v. Reed, to be heard en banc on January 8, 2009.

If Rep. Mike Ritze’s Bill passes in Oklahoma maybe other states will follow and we won’t have to go through this again. Stay focused on your studies Jeff!!!

IMPD officer in trouble over ‘impeach Obama’ sticker

Larry Walker: I’ve seen the piece. It mocks the very idea by putting it on par with their typical pearls like “Aliens stole my wife” and “Britney is pregnant, yeah, again!”

It was Carter who was too weak and had NO balls that allowed the radical Islamists to get where they are today.
    I was in the service when the hostage crisis was going on, Carter proved to be a wimp and started the maddness that is going on. I WAS THERE.

The application for a stay in Lightfoot v. Bowen, #08A524 has been denied by Justice Kennedy. Order will issue later today or perhaps tomorrow.

-Lawdawg

19. Jose Alvarez says:

In the famous words of Ronald Wilson Regan…”There he goes again!”

20. bluewater says:

Some cartoons are so true you wonder how anyone could believe otherwise.

Any word on Friday’s court activities?

21. Sherry says:

It always seems to make the news when we lose……or should I say he wins??

Justices won’t review Obama’s eligibility to serve

Cort’s case denied.
    Sorry to say this but “We the People” have been betrayed by our Government.
    I fear that a call to arms is the only way to save the Republic.

I want to throw up.

Some excellent articles re the President Elect controversy at:

1) Fending Off the Egyptian Power Structure

2) In the Shadow of Nemesis

3) Obama must Stand Up Now or Step Down

To see all articles, click on ‘Additional Articles’ at the top.

25. gailbullock says:

Give it up, Lawdawg. You’ve lost your credibility. You’re as full of s**t as a Christmas turkey!

Now for a moment of silence before we all either cry or throw up after having read Jeff’s news on Cort Wrotnowski’s application for stay being denied by SCOTUS.

(Dear Lord, You have to have heard our prayers. Please help us! Amen.)

I kind of enjoy conservative whining and moaning…God knows that I have absolutely miserable for the last 8 years…all these blogs and posts just make me further believe that conservatives are INSANE (you can think a crazy “right centrist” for leading me to this blog lol)…so thank you for reminding me why I am a liberal!

Have a good day :) (sigh…but I am sure you won’t and will blame it all on PRESIDENT-elect Obama)

27. sharon says:

Jeff, thanks as always… I remember reading your article when you first wrote in in March… I was behind you then as now, but I admit that back almost a year ago as I was reading with interest and agreement, I never in my wildest dreams thought he could ever win…. I think we did enough? I also admit my vote for McCain was against Obama and not so much for him…. Decent human being and I believe he would have made a much better President. I am sick to death of others telling us what the party should be, or the thought pattern in which we should operate….. I even sent money to McCain’s camp and volunteered my butt off because I was afraid of the alternative… I appreciate this site so much.. Go ahead and run for senate, we will help, and you will have those bills paid in no time…..

Before you throw away the towel & surrender! check out this lawsuit that is scheduled for an oral argument on 1/8/09 Broe v. Reed #8-2-473-8 in the Washington State Supreme Court. Obama must show proof that he is a natural born citizen, must be born on US soil, & born of 2 not 1 US citizens. A person with dual citizenship cannot be President, he is Constitutionally Ineligible! It's very simple! America will not be sold, We will prevail & protect & uphold our Consitution! This man is dangerous, he has hired 3 law firms not 3 lawyers BUT 3 law firms to seal his records. That's crazy. A fool can see that he is hiding something & we the American people are just going to hand him the White House & allow him to destroy our Consitution, I don't think so! So we all as Americans have a voice, it's time to ring the Liberty Bell and sound the voice of freedom & justice!

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE ELECTORAL VOTE CAME OUT TODAY?

Supreme Court Turns Down Connecticut NBC Case
    The U.S. Supreme Court released a new round of orders this morning from its Friday conference, which included the denial of an application for injunctive relief in a Connecticut case, Wrotnowski v. Connecticut Secretary of State, challenging Barack Obama’s eligibility to serve as president under the “natural born citizen” requirement of Article 2, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution. This is the second case the high court has turned down in as many weeks. The proponents of this legal challenge needed the approval of four justices to hear the case. There is speculation that at least two, Justices Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia, wanted to hear the case. Thomas resubmitted the Donofrio case to conference after Justice Souter turned down the original application. Similarly, Justice Scalia resubmitted the Wrotnowski case to conference after Justice Ruth Ginsberg turned down the original application. There are other pending cases around the country, but it seems highly unlikely this matter will be reviewed by the Supreme Court before President-elect Obama takes office on January 20, 2009. Note that Indiana’s 11 electors meet today at the State House to cast Indiana’s electoral votes for Barack Obama.

Since the SCOTUS has refused to act on any of the lawsuits presented to date it is clear that they do not intend to act on any other actions filed either. In so doing they have also violated the rules of their mission, and are no longer a viable court. The American people have only one court left. The court of last resort,or the PUBLIC DOMAIN. This will require about 50 million or so signatures upon a duly prepared PETITION (Public Mandate to Congress). Ideally it would be jointly prepared by one member of the House, and one member of the Senate. When the required number osf signatures is reached the Petition is presented to Congress. By virtue of who prepared the petition they will be compelled to act.
    If Omama takes the Oath of Office and accepts the requirements laid down in the oath he can be brought before the Federal Grand Jury if he violates it. He has already violated the Constitution by committing election fraud against the American people ,and the Federal Government, (ineligibility to hold the office of POTUS,and by agreeing to the terms of the oath of office he becomes liable for his actions,and prosecutable. So if everybody has the fortitude to sign a petition to Congress, instesd of whining then it is possible to rid ourselves of this imposter.(usurper). A mandate to Congress from the American people cannot be pushed aside by Congress. They will be compelled to act on it if it is prepared by one member of the HOUSE jointly with one member of the SENATE.