Nine Justices, Four Needed, One Conference

By the end of today, we should know whether Leo Donofrio’s case will be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court. As I mentioned before, the odds aren’t good. Still, as soon as I hear anything from my sources in the Court and elsewhere, you’ll know here in this place — regardless of whether or not I’m limited to my Blackberry at the time.

Also, I was planning on running a question-and-answer piece with Philip Berg, but as it turns out I think it will turn out better if we wait for a few days. Thank you for understanding.

In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed that the right thing is done for our Constitution.

As an aside, for those wondering why I say that the odds of Donofrio’s case being heard are long, it’s because the odds truly are. As I’ve written before, even aside from the merits of any particular case, the Court sees about 8,000 petitions for certiorari each year, and grants only about 100 of them. Donofrio didn’t file a petition for cert — he filed a application for stay (which is fine) which, in turn, must be treated by the Court as a petition for certiorari.

People seem to think that, because I played Devil’s Advocate with Leo Donofrio and was tough on the guy when he first filed the Application for Emergency Stay, I somehow think his case is bad and don’t want him to succeed. That’s not true. I’d like for this matter to be heard, regardless of who brings it. Personally, I think that, over and beyond Barack Obama and Kenya and certificates and everything else, the Constitution simply demands it.

Still, rules are rules and odds are odds. If you’ve been sitting at a slot machine for six hours without a payout, for example, the odds of that machine paying on the next pull are the same as if you had just sat down. Odds are odds, and procedure is procedure.

But it doesn’t hurt to cross your fingers…

UPDATE, 5:45pm:

Several people are saying that, because Donofrio’s case was not among the release showing two cases for which certiorari were granted, his stay-as-petition-for-cert was denied. Even the law blog at The Wall Street Journal is reporting as such. As much as I think it very probably was in fact denied, nothing I have seen so far–including the order list distributed today–suggests 100 percent that cert was either denied or granted.

Perhaps I’m missing something, but I cannot find anything that conclusively points toward denial. I’m guessing that, absent evidence to the contrary, people are simply taking sides according to the odds.

Absent another miscellaneous order showing that the Justices granted Donofrio’s petition, not likely to come at this hour, we’ll just have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for the full list of orders.

Monday, remember, is the press conference at the National Press Club. I may try to go, should I be able to shuffle some work around and decide to petition the Court for a stay with regard to studying for exams. We’ll see.

Furthermore, I just saw Wolf Blitzer on CNN do a three-minute segment on Donofrio’s case. Of course, it was painted as you would expect it to be but, at this point, any focus on the constitutional aspects of this issue is good. The only thing, however, is that really I wish that the underlying motivation behind these legal actions would not necessarily be depicted as so much anti-Obama as pro-Constitution. I may be a conservative, I may firmly believe that Obama was certainly not the best choice for this country, but I would absolutely, positively be equally up in arms if it were a different politician, even a conservative.

For more information and materials about the citizenship- and eligibility-related cases at America’s Right, please click HERE for a time-line.

Also, please see the original story, broken here at America’s Right on August 21, 2008, as well as a post-election commentary, No Lack of Constitution Here.

Comments

From Politico:

SCOTUS to debate Obama citizenship?
    By: Nia-Malika Henderson
    December 5, 2008 05:06 PM EST

The U.S. Supreme Court will decide Friday whether to take up a case over president-elect Barack Obama’s citizenship — one of a few around the country seeking to nullify his election, but this one has an interesting lineage. It was referred to the high court by Justice Clarence Thomas, the court’s only African-American justice.

Maybe Thomas is just returning the favor — putting through a case that questions whether Obama should be president, after Obama said he wouldn’t have picked Thomas for the high court.

The suit filed against New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells contests Obama’s claims to citizenship and therefore to the presidency and initially sought to stay the election. Alan Keyes, who was defeated by Obama in a race for the U.S. Senate in 2004, has filed a similar suit.

During the campaign, a copy of Obama’s birth certificate was posted on his website, showing that he was born in Hawaii. A petition to stop the Electoral College from confirming Obama as the next president has been rejected by Justice David Souter.

Legal experts say the case has little chance of going anywhere.

© 2008 Capitol News Company, LLC

one Anonymous above said

“The Supreme Court Justices are under no obligation to embrace or acknowlege the insanity of the conspiracy theory crowd who simply misinterpreted the law and adopted their own insane definition of natural born.

Jus Soli.

The man was born in Hawaii and no amount of crazy changes that.”
    this guy is probably a ‘paid’ daily kos anti American hate group who put the 2007 discredited/fake photoshop short form supposedly from Hawaii is not Obama’s birth certificate but rather a ‘certification’ that a birth certificate of live birth exists-that is the document Obama is hiding because in 1961 2 years after Hawaii got statehood a program to allow many people to return to Hawaii or that lived there for years but were obviously NOT US natural born citizens to have birth certificates that ‘created’ US citizens that could not ever be ‘natural born’ rather than naturalized. Tell me Mr. Anonymous Obot was obama’s half sister granted a BC from hawaii when she was born and lived in Indonesia?? If you care to think about it only one thing connects most of us-64 words in the constitution that requires the President and the Vice president to be ‘natural born’ and all the leftist, and commies that work for Obama of who have ‘trained’ Obama are trying to break that stanglehold on foreign born socialists/commies like Calero who is clearly a commie BUT not a Natural Born Citizen. So why don’t you just crawl back under the obot rock you came from and talk to ‘lawdog’ because we are right and Obama will be a fake/Poser president- a poser to us and millions like us who will not stop questioning his FAKE Daily KOS Anti American hate site
    ‘Obama cert of live birth’ until obama shows his long form just like McCain sucesfully did:
    “Lawyers Conclude McCain Is “Natural Born”
    Bipartisan Team Says GOP Candidate’s Birth In Panama Canal Zone Doesn’t Disqualify Him From Being President”

DENVER, March 28, 2008

http://.cbsnews.com-Lawyers Conclude McCain Is”Natural Born”, Bipartisan Team Says GOP Candidate’s Birth In Panama Canal Zone Doesn’t Disqualify Him From Being President/
    Until we have the Obama case of birth place proven as a natural born citizen by showing his long form certificate of live birth vault ‘original’ which was hand typed in 1961 inspected to prove he is a ‘natural citizen’ as the constitution requires. Your reference to tin hat nuts is fron Tobin on CNN a total fraud and in the bag for Obama.
    john from Ohio
    PS. Impeach Jennifer Brunner SoS of Ohio for her collusion in the Acorn voting scandal and also her failure to vet any presidental candidate for president in 2008!!

It is clear you and other pundits in MSM would rather report on OJ Simpson today than on Barack Obama’s dual citizenship before the US Supreme Court. Barack Obama does not have the respect or support of every African American is this country until he produces the vaulted copy of his valid birth certificate.

Personally, I believe his mother registered him as “white” in 1961 on the original copy the reason he does not want to disclose it, and he that he entered college as a foreign student and benefited from scholarships for foreign students. Later, declared his U.S. citizenship.

4. Jeff Schreiber says:

Listen here, friend. You’re talking to the guy who broke the damn story when the very first lawsuit was filed.

This isn’t a Barack-Obama-is-Kenyan Web site. This isn’t a dual-citizenship Web site. This is a conservative Web site run by a guy who averages four hours of sleep each night, a guy who couldn’t care less about Barack Obama — but a guy who cares deeply for our Constitution.

The mainstream press has failed from the outset. On the night of Thursday, August 21, when I was the only person in the country–other than Phil Berg and the federal employees in the courthouse–in possession of the first lawsuit, I waved it in the face of every single media personality I could. Nothing. I even went through a friend who lives in the same building as Matt Drudge. Nothing.

When that weekend finally gave way to Monday and I had written about the suit to the best of my ability, writing commentaries and transcribing lengthy interviews while blowing off my wife and child, I breathed a sigh of relief and told my wife, “the long hours are done, the media should take hold of this by now.”

Obviously, it didn’t happen. And doing my best to carry this particular torch in an objective manner you will likely not find anywhere else has meant long hours, sleepless nights, and all sorts of stress when it came to balancing this place, my law school studies, my full-time day job, as well as my duties as a husband, father, breadwinner and homeowner.

Don’t loop me in with the mainstream press because I dared to venture outside of this bubble of outrage. Of course, O.J. Simpson isn’t actual “news.” Neither is the piece showing the speechwriter tweaking some cardboard SecState nipple. Of course not. But until Monday, when I once again put all aspects of my life on hold to travel to D.C. for this story, there will not be anything new with Donofrio, with Obama, with Berg or with anyone else, other than the conjecture disseminated as truth by so many other sites out there, and so I intend to put up some interesting links on other topics.

Now, as to your opinion on the birth certificate, it sure is interesting, but it makes me wonder if sheer embarrassment over something his mother did back then would be enough to spend thousands and thousands of dollars in legal fees to keep the original under wraps.

We’ll see what happens. Until then, get off my case, buddy.

– Jeff

P.S.: Just because you liked the O.J. bit so much, for the rest of the week, I’ll be doing one big update on “Mary Lou Retton: Where is She Now?” … just to tick you off!

P.P.S.: That was a joke.

O.P.P.: Yeah, you know me.

5. C says:

You need to get some sleep. This guy’s not worth raising your blood pressure over, and he’s sure not worth spoiling your weekend. Try to relax, and give your daughter a big hug for all of us.

P.S. Mary Lou’s doing just fine these days, raising four daughters of her own with her husband in Houston, promoting fitness, and working with the Children’s Miracle Network.

Take care….next week it’s going to hit the fan.

6. Catherine of Siena says:

And as the Bush hanging chad fiasco occurred and was remedied…Monday is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (For practicing Catholics a Holy Day of Obligation)

See the Anchoress’ post:

Again, please pray for each Justice:that HIS truth be revealed, accepted, and acted upon. Pray and offer sacrifices for our country-think of and ask all those that have died -offering their lives for our freedom. Ask them to intercede on our behalf.
    God brought us to this point in history and HE will bring us through IT!

Jeff enjoy your family and be at peace as you’ve worked so very hard. Thank you and God bless!

7. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

Not that it matters much but just for the record. John McCain was not born in the Panama Canal Zone. He was born in a civilian hospital in Colon Panama which at the time was not part of the Canal Zone.

Thanks for all your hard work. Good luck on your exams.

Thanks, Ken

8. BIGAL says:

This link was previously posted here on another story. The thought is that is not the SC that determines eligibility, but the Congress when they certify the results from the Electoral College.

One Senator and one Representative can challenge the eligibility of the elected candidates, then the Congress goes into session to evaluate. One of the posts indicated that in 2004 (but not 2000) Barbara Boxer and 30 some odd Reps objected to the election of George Bush. It obviously failed.

An analogy is impeachment. As Gerald Ford said, An impeachable offense is whatever the House says it is. And guilt is decided by the Senate, not a court of law.

It would seem reasonable that the founding fathers wanted to keep the lawyers out of what is a political question. I hope the SC takes this on, but the link below discusses a plausable alternate process laid out in the COnstitution..

9. dcomus says:

From reading some recent posts I can see lots of people – including myself — are stressed out. Stressed out because we suspect the SC did not vote in our favor on Friday. And stressed out since many of us fear BO will never have to produce his “vault” birth certificate or any other “sealed” documents, e.g., http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/images/skeleton-in-closet.jpg

Keep up the great work Jeff! I know you have worked very hard to report the facts over last several months!

10. Koyaan says:

Anonymous wrote:

Which only demonstrates your own ignorance.

The race of the child is not given on the birth certificate. Only the race of the mother and father.

If you believe otherwise, then please tell me where the race of the child appears in this 1963 Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth:

1963 Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth

k

11. Koyaan says:

k

12. Laptoplizard, Jackson TN says:

Again…All of you who visit here in support…Calm Down…Remember the old saying “No News is Good News”.

Understand that SCOTUS given the serious nature of this matter….WOULD NOT. IMO..announce anything on a Fri afternoon. I for one never expected such.

So NO Stress allowed this weekend, Leave that to those on the other side.

Even if they dont hear the case there will be more and it may well be better in the long run to let the unsurper take office and give him a few months to show he isnt what he claimed…wont and cant do what he claimed, all the while more and more cases keep coming. An impeachment for fraud obtains the same goal as being declared ineligible, and would cause far less internal stress for OUR country. Think about it, the MSM would have to cover such and all the facts would be out there for all to see.

SCOTUS isnt stupid and we DO have the Consitution on OUR side

So let us not stress….We have many College Championships this weekend, which is where my attention will be focused…Find something you like and DO IT.

Thanks to E in TX…name is actually the very first I thought of when I got my first puter in the mid 90′s. Bless ya friend

Jeff, I am not even sure which one got ya going but however correct YOU are please dont let it get to ya. Get you plenty rest today so you can watch the game. And watching the game does not mean in front of a computer with your school books in your lap.

I dont know if you can see our verification words or not Jeff, but there is quite a lot of irony in mine today.

Prayers For ALL

BIG AL:
    So what are we to conclude if no Rep or Senator at least challenges this?

BIG ALs’ post follows:

14. Tori says:

What a terrific blog; this is rapidly becoming my go-to source for current events.

On to the topic… although the whole citizenship issue has, at first glance, a slightly Jerry Springer-ish sensationalism attached to it,an old and reliable adage has stated "truth is stranger than fiction", and I sense that this citizenship issue falls within that definition.

There are too many credible allegations or statements that can be reasonably inferred through Obama's past, or through the words of others, that would warrant even a rudimentary examination of his background, especially since the "answer" to every question only creates even more questions. I agree with most here who think that something is amiss with Obama's rendition of his background. Putting together his past is far too evocative of trying to force pieces of different jigsaw puzzles together.

At any rate, I was sent a link to a YouTube video, in which Bill Richardson apparently states that Obama is an immigrant. The original clip, I believe, was broadcast in Spanish or French, and features a translator conveying Richardson's words. Any thoughts?? To me, if correctly translated, this would seem to be somewhat of a smoking gun, at least sufficient to demand that Obama provide the appropriate credentials…

15. Jose Alvarez says:

Next time you move to another state and need a new driver’s license, try this: Refuse to produce the birth certificate or any other personal information required by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Just explain that a facsimile of the required document is posted on your website and give the clerk the domain name.
    Tell them: “I’m following the example of President-elect Barack Obama. If he didn’t need to produce a birth certificate to establish his eligibility to be president of the United States, why would you require me to produce one to get a lousy driver’s license?”
    See if it flies.
    Joseph Harah
    Mr. Vieira cited a fraud ruling in a 1977 case called U.S. v. Prudden, which he feels applies in this case.
    “Silence can only be equated with fraud when there is a legal and moral duty to speak or when an inquiry left unanswered would be intentionally misleading,” the ruling reads.
    Edwin Viera

16. bigal says:

This is a situation without precedent, and have given up predicting the future.

Personally, all I can do is to sit back and watch the show. If the courts won’t do what’s right, and our elected representatives lack the balls to do what’s right, then……..well I just haven’t a clue what’s next.

17. Koyaan says:

Jose Alvarez wrote:

See if it flies.

It would fly about as far as your analogy.

When you go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to apply for a driver’s license, there is a clerk standing behind the counter who is empowered by state laws and regulations to ask you to provide them your birth certificate.

So tell me. If we’re to keep with your analogy here, who exactly was the clerk behind the counter who asked Obama to provide his birth certificate?

k

18. C says:

OK, KOYAAN, we have that 1 covered, but we need more–MUCH MORE. Is there a 2, 3, 4, 5?

Say Hi from a fellow Texan, and if not, may God bless you and keep you safe.

19. C says:

KOYAAN,

1)”By the way, does no one else find it highly offensive that the laws of foreign nations should ultimately dictate who may or may not hold the office of President of the United States?”

UK UNDERSTOOD. What about Indonesia? Is there precedent on lack of ‘volitional acts’? What else do you have, or is that all?

Are there any PUBLIC records to be had anywhere, or has literally everyone been silenced?

From the Desk of Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton:
    Hillary Clinton Constitutionally Ineligible to Serve as Secretary of State

Judicial Watch has been stirring up quite a bit of trouble this week related to Hillary Clinton’s pending appointment to serve as Secretary of State. It all started when we learned that Senator Clinton is constitutionally ineligible to serve in this capacity until at least 2013, when her term expires. Check this out from The New York Times political blog:

Senate Democrats were working Tuesday to put together legislation making it possible for Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to become secretary of state despite a constitutional clause that some critics argue should bar her from joining the cabinet…

Judicial Watch, a watchdog group that made a name for itself investigating the Clinton administration in the 1990s, raised the matter Tuesday with a statement asserting that Mrs. Clinton was ineligible to become secretary of state because of the so-called “Emoluments Clause” of the Constitution. By the end of the day, Senator Harry M. Reid of Nevada, the Democratic majority leader, was consulting with Republican colleagues in hopes of putting together a bill to address the issue.

Now let me explain what this is all about.

According to the “Emoluments” or “Ineligibility” Clause of the United States Constitution, no member of Congress can be appointed to an office that has benefited from a salary increase during the time that Senator or Representative served in Congress. A January 2008 Executive Order signed by President Bush during Hillary Clinton’s current Senate term increased the salary for Secretary of State, thereby rendering Senator Clinton ineligible for the position.

(Specifically, Article I, section 6 of the U.S. Constitution provides “No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States, which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been encreased during such time.” The provision is seen by most as designed by our Founding Fathers to protect against corruption.)

As The New York Times correctly points out, former President Richard Nixon did manage to circumvent this constitutional provision after appointing former Ohio Senator William Saxbe to the position of Attorney General. The Nixon administration forced legislation through Congress to reduce the salary for the position of Attorney General to the level that existed prior to Senator Saxbe’s appointment. This scheme, known thereafter as “The Saxbe Fix,” was also used to allow Senator Lloyd Bentsen to assume the position of Treasury Secretary under President Clinton.

Still, there has hardly been a consensus on the “Saxbe Fix” at the presidential level. President Ronald Reagan reportedly did not appoint Senator Orrin Hatch to the Supreme Court because of this emolument provision and rejected the “Saxbe Fix” as a legislative remedy. Why?

Because “The Saxbe Fix,” does not address the constitutional problem. This type of legislative “remedy” may reduce the salary of Secretary of State to previous levels, but it would not change the fact that the salary had been increased while Senator Clinton served in Congress. Simply put, the Constitution does not provide for a legislative remedy for the “Ineligibility Clause.”

Barack Obama was wrong to appoint Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State for a long list of reasons (some of which I referenced in last week’s update). But now that we know there are constitutional barriers to Hillary’s appointment, clearly Obama should select someone who is eligible for the position and save the country from a constitutional battle over her confirmation. No public official who has taken the oath to support and defend the Constitution should support this appointment.

As I wrote to you yesterday, now Hillary is attacking us. Her spokesman smeared us by calling us a “fringe group.” Why? For pointing out that the U.S. Constitution – the supreme law of the land – should be followed by President-elect Barack Obama and Senator Hillary Clinton.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are now trying to do an end run around the Constitution by reducing the salary of Secretary of State to previous levels. Reports suggest that not one United States Senator, either Republican or Democrat, will oppose this unconstitutional legerdemain when it comes to the Senate floor next week. Is there not one Senator who will stand for the Constitution? (Reid seems desperate to avoid a vote that would put each Senator on record.)

We will consider all our options and I ask you to support our fight by donating here. Also, let your representatives in Congress know what you think about proposed efforts to do an end run around the Constitution to help Hillary become Secretary of State. You can call Congress at (202) 244-3121
    info@JudicialWatch.org

Mr. Obama’s Eligibility to be Aired Monday in DC
    Open Letter Ignites Large Public Interest

What Must A Free People Do?

As planned, on Monday and Wednesday of this week, WTP published the full-page Open Letter to Mr. Obama in the Chicago Tribune. The letter respectfully requests that he direct the state of Hawaii to provide access to his original 1961 (“vault”) birth certificate, and that he arrange for delivery to the National Press Club of certain other documents, all for the purpose of providing evidence of his eligibility.

The public response and attention by the media, has been nothing short of astonishing.

Apparently, the publication of the Open Letter and huge reaction it generated has largely forced the media to finally acknowledge the existence of the Obama citizenship controversy, apparently abandoning the desires of their collective management to smother the story.

Almost immediately after the paper hit the streets of Chicago Monday morning, requests started coming in for interviews from print, broadcast and on-line news outlets, including several clear- channel (reserved frequency, high-wattage AM) radio stations from around the country. It’s been non-stop all week. Here is a link to an audio recording of a brief interview with WGN, Chicago’s leading 50,000 watt, clear-channel radio station.

On Tuesday, December 2, the Tribune’s local competitor, the Chicago Sun-Times published a column by Mary Mitchell about the open letter. Granted, columnists do take liberties, but her column was not only riddled with important factual errors, it was largely “over-the-top” and arguably inflammatory, referring to me indirectly as one of the “skinheads from Tennessee who planned to dress up in coattails and top-hats and go on a racist killing spree before targeting Obama.” In response, thousands of Chicagoans flooded the Sun-Times with their comments, both pro and con. I am preparing a rebuttal that will soon be sent to the paper as a suggested “guest essay.”

On Wednesday, the Tribune published a news article by Sara Olkon and James Janega about the Open Letter. It too, contained serious omissions, as well as false and misleading statements regarding critical parts of the citizenship controversy. In response, thousands of Chicagoans flooded the Tribune with their comments, pro and con. We are preparing a rebuttal to be submitted as soon as possible.

Overnight Letter to Mr. Obama

Yesterday, the Foundation sent a letter to Mr. Obama by express mail. He should have received it by noon today. The letter speaks for itself. Click here to view a copy.

We The People Foundation For
    Constitutional Education, Inc.
    2458 Ridge Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
    Phone: (518) 656-3578 Fax: (518) 656-9724
    Bob@givemeliberty.org http://www.WeThePeopleFoundation.org
    December 4, 2008
    VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL
    Mr. Barack Obama
    Barack Obama Transition Office
    Kluczynski Federal Building
    230 So. Dearborn St.
    Chicago, Illinois 60604
    Dear Mr. Obama:
    Enclosed is a copy of the Open Letter as published in the Chicago Tribune earlier this week.
    Please know my motives are pure and this is not a personal attack on you, your qualifications or
    your political ideology. It’s about your eligibility, no more, no less.
    I assume, because I have not heard from you, that you have decided not to authorize the officials
    in Hawaii to provide access to your original (“vault”) birth certificate. If I am mistaken about this
    please have someone notify me upon your receipt of this letter. Our examiners need to know
    where and when to begin their work.
    Regardless, I sincerely trust you have made arrangements to have the other named documents
    delivered to the National Press Club by 10 am on Monday, December 8, 2008. Our press
    conference is scheduled to begin there at 1:30 pm.
    Thank you for your attention and cooperation on this matter.
    Respectfully yours,
    Robert L. Schulz
    Chairman

WHAT IF?

U.S. Senator Mel Martinez wrote in his letter dated December 1, 2008:

“Presidential candidates are vetted by voters at least twice – first in the primary elections and again in the general election. President-Elect Obama won the Democratic Party’s nomination after one of the most fiercely contested presidential primaries in American history. And, he has now been duly elected by the majority of voters in the United States. Throughout both the primary and general election, concerns about Mr. Obama’s birthplace were raised. The voters have made clear their view that Mr. Obama meets the qualifications to hold the office of President.”

Sen. Martinez would have us believe that our form of government is a pure democracy, rather than a constitutional Republic.

What if, ostensibly for the same reason, Mr. Obama refuses to respond to our Open Letter?

What if the Supreme Court refuses to hear the Petitions by attorneys Donofrio, Berg and Taitz, ostensibly for the same reason – that is, that the voters have made clear their view that Mr. Obama is eligible?

What then?

Would not this violation of the “natural born citizen” clause of the Constitution amount to our “capstone grievance,” capping all the other constitutional violations for which we have been seeking Redress?

Since 1995, we have repeatedly and respectfully petitioned the Government for Redress of its violations of the war powers, money, tax, privacy, property, and other prohibitions and restrictions placed on the Government by the People. We have established a record of numerous violations by the Government and its refusal to justify its behavior or be held accountable.

The record is so clear and unambiguous that it leaves no room for misinterpretation. The servants are taking over the house that our Creator built.

What must a free people do? What would they deem to be the appropriate next step?

We will have more to say about this in our next update.

We the People Foundation

Today, Sunday December 7, Barack Obama appeared on Meet the Press with Tom Brokaw and Brokaw asked him how many troops he was going to keep in Iraq once the majority of troops were pulled out. Obama stated that we needed “civilian troops, I mean troops to remain to protect civilians.” Did anyone else catch this slip? Also, I don’t normally watch Sunday morning yankfests but at the end Brokaw was interviewing the new guy to take over and he was telling Brokaw about how he was going to continue Meet the Press tough and hardlined questions. I think a hard question for Obama would have been “what is your real name?”, “are you an american citizen?” Then you could have really heard him go uh, um, uh, oh, uh, um. Oh, and Minnesota’s budget deficit is $5.2 billion, maybe they should raise some more taxes and kill some more jobs.

Just as a quick addition, why has the issue of Obama using an INDONESIAN PASSPORT in this late teens-early 20s been dropped? Regardless of natural born, he gave up US citizenship (if he ever had it) when he received the Indonesian passport.

Why is this not part of the continued discussion on his ineligibility???

(Never mind he used the INDONESIAN passport to visit PAKISTAN!)

25. Koyaan says:

Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps because there’s absolutely zero evidence that he ever used an Indonesian passport in his late teens or early 20s.

A minor child cannot give up their US citizenship. Even if they have been naturalized as a citizen of another country.

If he had been naturalized as an Indonesian citizen when he was taken there when he was six years old, the only way he could have lost his US citizenship is if he had not taken up permanent residence in the US by his twenty-fifth birthday.

(Never mind he used the INDONESIAN passport to visit PAKISTAN!)

Again, there’s absolutely zero evidence that he used an Indonesian passport to visit Pakistan.

The claims that the US State Department prohibited US citizens from traveling to Pakistan are simply false, as are the claims that no one with a US passport could enter Pakistan.

k

26. C says:

Anonymous of Dec 7,2008 1:05 PM,

The problem is that there is no public PROOF Obama went to Pakistan on an Indonesian (or Kenyan, or any other foreign) passport, or that he even WENT to Pakistan, even on an AMERICAN passport.

All we have is his WORD, out of his own mouth, “I traveled to Pakistan when I was in college” and he didn’t say what nationality passport he used (or even that he USED a passport).

[Below, I use the term *no one* to mean ordinary citizens using LEGAL means, and excludes CIA, FBI, NSA, covert spies for any nations, mobsters, criminals, terrorists, and anyone else with the opportunity and ability to do whatever it takes, by any means, to achieve their goals.]

Without Obama’s authorization, *no one* can get his U.S. passport records WITHOUT A COURT ORDER.

Without Obama’s authorization, *no one* can get his Kenyan passport records WITHOUT KENYAN AUTHORIZATION (which is unlikely to be given, since they’ve sealed all his records, as well as his relatives’–to use as blackmail when he takes office).

Without his authorization, *no one* can get his Indonesian passport records WITHOUT INDONESIAN AUTHORIZATION (which are likewise sealed to use as blackmail).

Without his authorization, *no one* can get Pakistan’s passport entry records (IF they keep such records, IF he traveled to Pakistan, IF he entered Pakistan using a passport, and IF those records haven’t been sealed to use as blackmail).

Get the picture? Honest, law-abiding American citizens don’t have access to the documents necessary to prove Obama’s lack of ‘natural born citizenship’ without a court order, which the judges have been unwilling to grant SO FAR.

And, unless a packet of such intelligence-or-otherwise-acquired documents MIRACULOUSLY appears out of nowhere, into the hands of someone who loves this country and its Constitution, we’re left waiting for a judge’s court order.

But don’t despair. PRAY. PRAY HARD. Miracles are a piece of cake for the God In Whom We Trust.

The Supreme Court of the United States is On Trial

Regardless of MSM’s reporting of Obama’s “president elect” activities of moving into the white house and planning to step into the role of President, the loud silence is shouting America may be facing a usurper and is just a few weeks from a problem that may devastate America.

No matter how long or how well MSM has attempted cover up and obfuscate the issue of Barack Hussein Obama’s ineligibility to be President, the reality is not only millions of Americans are aware of the great “cover-up conspiracy”, so is the entire world aware of it. In short “the cat is out of the bag”. There are now FOUR (4) cases petitioning the US Supreme Court. There are also several more cases brought to court on the state level. We The People published two full page ads the first week of December in the Chicago Tribune.

In spite of MSM’s unanimous silence, the information is still coming forward like a huge tide. MSM will reluctantly have to acknowledge the issues if it hopes to retain what little credibility it has left. Those who have already done so have mucked up their reporting with false information, confusion of the facts, and puny predictions that the cases pending before the Supreme courts will be dismissed based upon the odds. It isn’t hard to see between their bias lines they truly don’t want the truth about Obama to come forward. It isn’t hard to conclude MSM has forgotten the importance of the Constitution or the danger America will be facing if a usurper grabs the office of Presidency. MSM seems to be totally indifferent to these vey real facts! It seems that MSM wants the Supreme Court to dismiss these cases. It is as if they have a death like fear of having their neat bubble burst if it should be decided that Obama is not eligible to be President.
    This time their predictions the Supreme Court cases will be dismissed because of the past history of the Supreme Courts” history of odds– of the number of cases petitioned versus the number of cases heard—is hogwash. MSM, along with many extremely ignorant elected officials and equally ignorant Obama worshipers reveal their total lack of respect for laws of our country, integrity of character, and honesty in government. They also reveal a naïveté about major crisis American is facing if a usurper actually becomes President. It should be the primary concern of all citizens of the United States to be certain the man who may take the oath on January 20, 2009 is in fact, truth, and reality eligible under the Constitution of the US to be President. This above any other issue in the world is PRIORITY. Every other issue—economy, terrorism, political party, immigration, war in Iraq, etc.etc.etc. Is secondary to this one most important and VERY SACRED ISSUE.

THE SUPREME COURT HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO DECIDE THESE CASES NO MATTER HOW UNPOPULAR THEY MAY BE WITH THEM. This is precisely the case for which our forefathers created the Supreme Court. This case is of unprecedented historic proportion. Unlike cases that ask decisions on a right to choose or whether or not the word “God” should be in the Pledge of Allegiance, or the Nativity Scene displayed in public places, which will cause no threat to the American way of life if they are post poned or not heard. This question asks to discover whether or not there is going to be a USURPER attempting to violate the Constitution of the United States. The very real concern of a USURPER stealing the office of presidency is a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY. Time is of the essence. The Supreme Court does not have the luxury of dismissing or postponing such a case while America’s NATIONAL SECURITY is under the threat.

The real trial is not whether or not Obama is a Usurper. The real trial will be how the Supreme ultimately decides. The whole world already knows there is abundant evidence Obama is a USURPER. If the Supreme Court has the courage to do what is right and declare Obama ineligible to be President and over turn the election, it will have protected every American citizen and retained the respect of the whole world. All will continue will a great peace of mind Our Sacred Constitution has been upheld and American will continue to evolve in the greatness our fore fathers had envisioned. If the nine guardians of our Sacred document some how distort, contort, convolute or in any other method of legal trickery legitimize Obama and declare him qualified to be President for any visible or invisible reasons such as intimidation, bribery, or?, then the whole world will know America is dead. The carcass will be grabbed by any one.

This topic will be discussed this Sunday evening (12-7-’08) at from 7 to 10 p.m. PST on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/vos. Please feel free to write into the chat room or call and speak directly on line at 347-633-9851.

28. john mirse says:

Just wondering:

How can a person place his hand confidently—and with a straight face—on the Bible on Jan. 20, 2009 and swear to uphold the laws of the U.S. Constitution in front of millions of people, when, in reality, he has already publicly broken/ignored one law of the Constitution by not providing validated proof that he is even eligible to be president?

I guess after he swears to uphold the laws of the U.S. Constitution on Jan. 20,2009, he will turn and wave to millions of his adoring, screaming fans.

How sick is that?

The US Congress has a lower approval rating than the president.
    This constitutional controversy will surely determine the public’s opinion of the highest court in the nation.

I trust that Justice Clarence Thomas will carry the ball on this one.

I justed posted on Leo’s site that the Donofrio v. Wells stay has been denied in today’s SCOTUS orders.

31. MUJERLATINA says:

As a physician who practices Psychiatry, and who has observed Obama for over 16 months in public, read his memoirs and watched his body language — he presents as the classic sociopath — someone with no sense of remorse or conscience. He is an ego-maniac who believes he is above the law. When our nation finally reaps what he has sewn, perhaps only then will we recognize the obvious sociopathy that was screaming at us all the while…

He won’t place his hand on the Bible. What do you want to bet he requests the Quaran to take his oath. He is by far the most despicable, lawless person ever to
    run for any office. He will never be my President. How can any American citizen stand beside him when he has already said he will be standing by the Muslims? I will never vote in another U. S. election again. The Supreme Court justices have atrophied brains and when they die off, they should not be replaced and let the so-called highest court in the land go defunct. If you cannot get 9 justices to agree with the thousands of people that signed petitions, wrote letters, etc., then as far as I am concerned, they are expendable. And worthless!

I have spent way too much time and effort in this cause and I will never do it again. Let the terrorists, marxists, communists and radicals have America.

R.I.P. United States of America

I can’t seem to get some information I need to wrap this up. These things seem to either be “locked” or “not available’. I’m sure it’s just some oversight or glitch or something, so if you could you tell me where these things are…

Could you help me please find these things, sir?
    Your Occidental College records
    A Certified Copy of your original Birth certificate
    Your embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth
    Your Harvard Law Review articles that were published
    Your University of Chicago scholarly articles
    Your Record of baptism

Oh hey .. listen! I know you are busy! Is this too much for you
    now? Tell you what…I will come back tomorrow. Give you some time to get these things together, you know? I will be back tomorrow. And the day after……….

NOTE: It’s interesting that the media hasn’t deemed this info is as important as scum on Sarah. Maybe if they were to spend some time on providing this info before the primaries, Barack Obama would never have been the Demo candidate. This is probably the most corrupted presidential election of all time because of the deliberate coverage by TV and print media.

Barack Obama used his white maternal grandmother’s photographs throughout his enitre campaign to win over white voters. After she died, he never took his family to a funeral service or memorial in her honor in Hawaii. For him to ignore the death of the mother figure in his life, is proof that he will ignore the requests to produce his personal records for the American public.

Barack Obama is a calculating, cold-blooded politician who has fooled millions with his charismatic rhetoric, just like in the prophesy of the Anti-Christ.

The Fall Of The Great Newspapers that protected Barack Obama

The once great newspapers of this country, including the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, all discarded their journalistic integrity this year to ensure the election of Barack Obama as president. Today’s news that the New York Times is broke and the Tribune Company is filing for bankruptcy is neither surprising nor disappointing. To be sure, these once great newspapers long ago discarded objective reporting in favor of liberal propaganda, which might help explain their declining circulation numbers. As you sow, so shall you reap.

I guess these executives are next in line after the auto industry for a taxpayer bailouts.