He Who Smelt it, Dealt it

I’m pretty swamped, but it will only take a few minutes to put this up. In reporting on the brand new Capitol Visitors Center, The Examiner chose to include a few choice words from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. It’s such a short–but politically pungent–piece that I can include it in full here:

Reid: We won’t smell the tourists anymore
By Jeff Dufour and Patrick Gavin

The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won’t offend them with their B.O. anymore.

“My staff tells me not to say this, but I’m going to say it anyway,” said Reid in his remarks. “In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it’s true.”

But it’s no longer going to be true, noted Reid, thanks to the air conditioned, indoor space.

And that’s not all. “We have many bathrooms here, as you can see,” Reid continued. “Souvenirs are available.”

$621 million well spent.

Unbelievable, isn’t it? Just uncouth. He should have listened to his staffers when they told him to keep his smarmy trap shut. Nothing good ever comes, after all, from Harry Reid deciding to spew his excrement and express his opinion. If anything, Harry, in this case the noxious fumes are coming from inside the building, the retch-worthy stench of a do-nothing Congress led by people who constantly blame America first, willingly bet on Her failure, and instinctively place party before country.

Comments

Pinky doesn’t smell, he reeks.

Nice write up Jeff. You should be awarded a Pulitzer Prize for this one. You hit the nail on the head. Spot on. Great read. I could not agree more.

My good friend J L always says “never pass up the opportunity to just STFU”. I realize that this is hard for a politicion, but still good advice.

I guess what he fails to realize (probably due to lack of exposure to the real world) is what he smells is the SWEAT of the American WORKER who has to work until June 17 to pay ALL THE TAXES HE AND HIS ELITIST FRIENDS LIVE OFF OF.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, we will be “smelling” BO for the next 4 yrs.

Calm down you spaz. Get excited about something that matters.

7. Deb says:

What a piece of crap…

Well, Jeff. Keep putting up these intriguing articles instead of studying and I’m going to have to change my vote from the first choice to the second one!

I am a Nevadan and I am totally embarassed by Harry Reid, thank God that he only has until 2010 to be in office. I am sooooo hopeful that someone steps up to run against his idiocy and, indeed, wins. His two sons are starting to run campaigns for themselves one in Las Vegas, and one nationally, from what I have heard. I can’t stand anyone in that family and they do more harm, each and all of them, than any 12 people can do to anything that comes up that they make a comment on.

Harry Reid stinks, like a hog pen that hasn’t seen a clean up in a very long time.

Oh, and by the way, I NEVER voted for him in any election, and I have voted in every election that has taken plae in this state int he last 31 years, and I have worked on several compaigns over those years. I smelled his stench the very first time I ever laid eyes on him.

Claudia,
    Reno, NV

10. Jeff Schreiber says:

This one only took about five minutes, and I did it on a quick break at work. It’s the articles which take me an hour or more to prepare and write, it’s the Assigned Reading and such, that may not be seen here until after exams.

If you change your vote, do so because I still have a whole lot of work to do. Yikes.

I really do not want to see the souvenirs he picks up from the bathrooms…

12. David says:

Now if this had been said by John McCain, it would have been all over the MSM. Of course, I am sure it would be different: The Capital Visitors center, which cost three times as much as budgeted and took years longer to complete under the Bush administration, finally opened to the public. John McCain said he was glad to get more bathrooms and A/C, as everyone coming into the capital, smelled like old pole cats. Calls to the Obama camp were quickly returned in which he already had a statement prepared, saying the new facitly was a welcome “change” for the capitol which is why he supported it.

Well I almost fell off my chair, but it actually happened! Fox News just mentioned the Friday court case regarding Obamas status as natural born citizen. Now don’t get too excited, the whole mention was about 10 seconds and the main mention was that this was a big issue on the blogosphere – you know, all us crazies out here ;o)

14. RatTrader says:

Fox in their evening news program just mentioned the Leo Donofrio lawsuit..About time.

15. Jeff Schreiber says:

Very interesting. I’m stuck in class until after 10pm.

Good.

People seem to think I don’t like Donofrio’s suit. Quite the contrary — I think it’s a good approach with not as much downside as Berg’s…

(fingers crossed)

16. lufkin says:

Hi Jeff,
    I got this email today from Doug with Democratic Disaster, have you seen this yet…haven’t had time to check through any of the comments posted here….
    this is great news….

HELLO MEMBERS AND FRIENDS:

Well like any good story when there is info to get out you need to verify it first, that is what happened last night. Leo Donofrio wanted to check the story before releasing it. Well its been verified and I got permission by Ed, the owner of PRN who moments before talked to Leo. On tonights show at 6cst with Scott Oakland they plan to announce that SCOTUS is going to put a hold on the electors on Friday until all the issues surrounding Barack Obama can be resolved.

I trust this inforamtion as they had it yesterday but wanted to verify it. Tune in at 6 CST for the show.

Your fellow patriot,

Paul

17. Jeff Schreiber says:

Lufkin,

That doesn’t make much sense. Friday’s conference is to determine whether or not to actually hear the case, whether or not to treat the application for stay like a petition for certiorari, like was done in Bush v. Gore.

I’d sure like it if they are right, but I cannot understand how they reach that conclusion, especially considering that they need four Justices to go along with it.

18. Karen says:

I’m with you, Claudia. Let’s hope that we can send “The Man From Searchlight” back HOME in 2010.

(Apologies to the folks in Searchlight, but frankly, we don’t want him here in Las Vegas either.)

19. Fernley Girl says:

Well, we now know that there are at least 3 Nevadans who think Reid stinks.
    Jeff, aces all around!

20. Magan says:

HI Everyone,

Forget about Harry Reidor or any other irrelevant body in D.C. and listen to the following clip on Plains Radio. Sounds that Deep Throatis back and letting this radio station that has extensively interviewed Leo Donofrio and Cort Wrotnowski (regarding their pending case at SCOTUS) know that SCOTUS will stay the electroal vote. Here is the link http://www.plainsradio.com/show.html. Click on “Caren and Ed’s Early show on 12/1/2008 Guest Tom Tento, Leo Donofrio and Wrotnowski” and go to minute 33 or 34. You will hear Ed, the host of the radio show describing the call he had received from someone claiming he worked for Bush adminstration.

For more information about the Donofrio case that is scheduled for full conference in SCOTUS this Friday go to http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com

People, if this is true this is the best news I have had in the past 10 months.

Meagan

BE THERE!!! SUPREME COURT STEPS FRIDAY, DEC. 5th – 8 a.m.! Be A Part of via eaxxdotcom, http://www.uscounties.com
    SUPREME COURT STEPS FRIDAY DEC 5 8:00AM
    Be part of the solution.
    SAVE THE CONSTITUITION
    There are a ton of us are going to DC on Friday.
    Even if Obama has a Hawaii Birth Certificate
    The fact is Obama was born with Dual
    Citizenship Britain and USA.
    He is not a “natural born citizen” as the founding fathers
    would have interpreted the definition.
    Supreme Court Justice Thomas thinks
    this deserves a conference.
    See docket below.
    EVENT:
    8:00 AM ALL DAY
    SUPREME COURT STEPS
    http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm – DC Metro Map Link.
    Blue or Orange METRO Capitol South Station
    North about 5 blocks – Capitol Building is on the left
    Supreme Court is on the right
    Just past the Library of Congress.
    scotusmarch@yahoo.com
    Be part of the solution.
    SAVE THE CONSTITUITION
    CASE FROM:
    No. 08A407
    Title:
    Leo C. Donofrio, Applicant
    v.
    Nina Mitchell Wells, New Jersey Secretary of State
    Docketed:
    Lower Ct: Supreme Court of New Jersey
    Case Nos.: (AM-0153-08T2 at the New Jersey Appellate Division without a docket number)…..

22. Fernley Girl says:

Magan,
    Trolls everywhere, not just on the web. I believe the “information” delivered by phone from someone inside “the Bush Administration” more likely came from inside the Obama camp. They actively work to discredit opponents. I personally would not trust a “tip” like that. I do, however, pray I am wrong!!!

23. Author says:

SAXBY Wins

Breaking News on Fox

24. Author says:

Please don’t send that knuckle dragging idiot to Carson City either.

25. Karen says:

Well, Mr. Reid, it looks like Searchlight for you! And please, feel free to explore other states to retire to(such as California,home of Nancy Pelosi)as well.

If the picture is related to the article… Joe Biden is standing behind the smell-o-dumaa$$

27. kmmaraxus says:

Thanks Jeff for keeping us informed I appreciate your work and view.

I am curious, if Obama is found to be a fraud on the grandest scale not even being a citizen of the USA, what legislative work and other things in his past will have to be corrected.

28. Jet says:

Jeff

I don’t know if this will help you with your exams or if it is even relevant to your legal education, but Judah Benjamin at texasdarlin’s site (http;//texasdarlin.wordpress.com) has a couple of very erudite articles rebutting Donofrio’s comments about his previous article on natural born citizens, resulting in a couple of free college classes on Common Law and its relevance to the natural born citizen issue.

Reid is not very smart, is he . . .

30. Jan says:

I’ll start listening to him when he has something worthwhile to say. Guess I won’t be hearing anything from him any time soon!

You know how when you’re in a bad smelling place and you sort-of get used to it? That’s Reid’s problem–he thinks that rotten stench of Washington insiders is ‘normal’.
    kb

Reid…seriously…you’re an elitist jerk…at least in spite of you being there, people still care to take part in our nations’ great history.

Also, I think Fox has come under a little pressure for not reporting the BC issue. It’s hard to ignore 17 or so lawsuits, and continue to play “oblivious”. It begs to wonder if they placed it in such a small segement, pointing at the blogosphere, as well as putting it on Hume’s show of reporting the news…not ready for Hannity commentary yet…because they are realizing it has merit and potential to explode any day now. It’s almost as though they don’t want to get caught up in “conspiracy theories” yet they see that there is real basis for all of this inquiry. Small baby steps, I think…

Trackbacks

1. [...] Reid’s asinine statements are the American people.  That’s you.  We already know that Reid thinks that you smell.  Now we know that he thinks you’re stupid.  I mean, only a vapid, uninformed electorate [...]