Georgia On My Mind

It just occurred to me that today is the runoff election for Saxby Chambliss’ all-important Senate seat. If you are in Georgia, and I know that several of you are, PLEASE get out and vote for Saxby.

I’m hopeful that, a month after Election Day, the folks that will be voting will be motivated by the will to maintain the balance of power in the Senate to the best extent possible. Plus, with ground game powerhouse Barack Obama not at the top of the ballot on the other side, hopefully the democrats will stay home. I’m fairly certain that Jim Martin was only so successful because of the populist political phenomenon a few names above his on the fourth of November. Hopefully, which his own name now headlining and the Obama-related fervor having given way to an almost post-coital high for many on the left, the previous audience will not be as captivated the second time around.

Keep your fingers crossed, and call your friends and family in Georgia.

Vote Chambliss.

(UPDATE, 8:40pm: Chambliss won. Thankfully. As of now, it was 61% to 39% over Martin.)

I found the caption to this AP photo kind of funny. Here’s a candidate for Senate, trying desperately to hang onto Obama voters in Atlanta. So, he brings out Young Jeezy and T.I., political heavy-hitters that they are.

Also, many thanks to one of our Georgia readers for the great image at the top of the post. It’s her jacket, and it’s her sticker, the latter given after she voted for Saxby Chambliss.

Comments

1. American4America says:

Cast my vote this morning for Sax.

Thanks, Jeff, for everything that you do. You are a true Patriot.

i voted for saxby already. I honestly belive the only reason it was even close was because Martin got votes due to being a democrat along with Obama on the same tickets so people went down the line for democrats. It should be a win for Saxby by major proportions today. At least thats the feeling down here.

I certainly hope that Saxby does not win, but Georgia being a red state he very well may.

I went to a big Rally in Gwinnett convention center with SAXBY and SARAH PALIN. They had 4 big rallies yesterday. I already voted in the mail, I thought I would out of state, and I heard there was already 500,000 early vote before today.

Pray for a Saxby Victory!!!

5. Tilli says:

Got the vote in already.

Now for the anon, who said they didn’t want Saxby to win, please explain. Our government was designed with just this scenario i mind. Each branch of the government should have the ability to check and balance the other. You seem to think that a free pass until it reaches the SCOTUS is exactly what the executive and legislative branches need and deserve to govern.

If my take on this is wrong, please enlighten us.

6. anamericanidiot says:

It scares the hell out of me that the Dems will have a near filibuster-proof Senate. I really hope Sax does win! If he doesn’t things will get very crazy as we will effectively be dealing with a one-party government. There will be no accountability or restraint. And even IF Obama does want to govern from just left of center, he won’t be able to. Reid and Pelosi will drag this country full tilt left.

If you’re in GA vote! And vote for Chambliss.

Saxby offers the teensiest bit of balance to the federal power structure, the power to block bad legislation. It’s only common sense to keep the feds weak enough by letting one side block the really bad stuff.
    Roses,WA

8. gailbullock says:

Anonymous who posted at 1:33 p.m. today: You better be praying that the Republicans do not grant total control of our government to the Democrats. Where do you think the spending comes from? Our pockets. The US Dept. of Education needs to be eliminated. The federal government has no business in our local school systems. The Democrat-controlled Congress just spent $700 billion dollars of our money on a bailout that suddenly fell from transparency. All the welfare and free stuff that has been promised–where’s the incentive to do something on our own? Government needs serious downsizing and major budget cuts. Oh, and the civilian military army inside the United States? Does the term “brown shirts” come to mind?

And as far as Obama is concerned, I used to like him until I realized he never “said” anything. I am now convinced that he is trying to circumvent the US Constitution by not showing proof of his eligibility. He also made a major blunder in judgment when he said that Justice Clarence Thomas was not qualified, that he would not have appointed him. Guess who’s hearing Donofrio’s Application for Stay. Justice Clarence Thomas!

Jeff, clean this up if I have my facts wrong. I don’t want to misinform anyone.

I voted two weeks ago for Saxby. I don’t expect that Obama supporters will come back out to the polls for Martin. Everyone I’ve spoken to here in GA is voting for Saxby. I think it will be a huge victory tonight for Saxby! REALTORS FOR SAXBY!!!!!

Any news about Saxby? Still probably a bit too early, but just thought that I would ask…..

Claudia
    Reno, NV

Last time I looked at TV Saxby Chambliss 61% to “Landslide Jim” Martin 39%.

Hooray!!!http://www.ajc.com/news/content/printedition/2008/12/02/senatega.html?cxntlid=inform_artr

Thank you, thank you and I verified that, Thanks Jeff for putting up the win. We really needed it.

Claudia,
    Reno, NV

Ga. Sen. Saxby Chambliss Wins Re-Election Runoff; Democrats Denied Fillibuster-Proof

Well I put my feet up on the table and ready to open the mail. Looking for big checks from Obama for my GAS and Mortgage. Hell I am tired of working. this will be great. I will get money from the rich. Pretty cool. So this is what it is like to be a corrupt elected official that gets money for nothing.

That working for a living is for the birds. Now I can go to the beach and drink beer. Hay Barack send me some money for beer. I want good beer none of this cheap beer.

I told my sugar daddy Barack to send me plenty of the rich guys money this month. I want a good Christmas on OPM.

OPM look it up it has something to do with money people and other.

OOPS have to send some complaints to the anthrax bureau for a week.

I am singing a new song.

IT IS RAINING MONEY FROM HEAVEN written by Barack Obama the money man.

Look Jeff if we are going to have a good Marxist Communist country we need for all elected officials to be from the same one Communist party. this two party system just does not work. Did you hear Leo D on the radio yesterday. my my he was upset that America is about to end with the destruction of the constitution this election.

Change we can believe in refers to Communism. You know. Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Castro, Mao, Chavez, now we get to add Obama to the list.

They finally opened the kitty bank. $700 billion dollars every other week on a give away program for the rich. Now this is Communism the Communists can believe in.

Jeff has exams and final projects due in four subjects, including: (1) Wills, Trusts and Estates, (2) Election Law, etc.

I hope you get an A in all of them but especially election law. I wonder if he will ask you to define Natural Born Citizen. that would be cool.

Jeff one bit of advice on school. you are a winner. that is all that matters. the grades are less important than who you are as a person. grades are grades but you are a winning person with a great personality. You will definitely be successful. But I do want you to keep the grades up. But that is more because you really understand the material more than the grade itself.

Knock em dead Jeff.

We didn’t just win — we steamrolled! Woo hoo!!!! I think this sends a clear message that the sleeping giant has awakened and we will not stand for unchecked power in DC. The mood is on for 2010!

Proud to be a Georgian tonight!

K