The Iron Bowl

That’s right … and today, against all odds, we’re going to make it seven.

War Damn Eagle.

On the rolling plains of Dixie
‘Neath its sun-kissed sky,
Proudly stands, our Alma Mater
Banners high.

To thy name we’ll sing thy praise,
From hearts that love so true,
And pledge to thee our
Loyalty the ages through.

We hail thee, Auburn, and we vow
To work for thy just fame,
And hold in memory as we do now
Thy cherished name.

Hear thy student voices swelling,
Echoes strong and clear,
Adding laurels to thy fame
Enshrined so dear.

From thy hallowed halls we’ll part,
And bid thee sad adieu;
Thy sacred trust we’ll bear with us
The ages through.

We hail thee, Auburn, and we vow
To work for thy just fame,
And hold in memory as we do now
Thy cherished name.

UPDATE, 11:45pm

Well, that certainly wasn’t the desired result. Ugly. My wife actually had to remind me, throughout the day, that my enthusiasm probably wasn’t too realistic. Still, no matter what…

IT’S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER.

Comments

1. chris says:

It’ll be tough to beat #1 ranked Alabama. ROLL TIDE!!!!

2. American Genie says:

War Eagle, Jeff!!!! We won’t be in Tuscaloosa, just right here in Waverly, AL cheering them on.

I know this is not the right place to post this but check this out Jeff,

Sorry Jeff…ROLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!

Hey Tigers! We [will] beat the hell out of you. Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer give ‘em hell Alabama.

5. Catherine of Siena says:

May the best team win!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Ummmmmm…..NOT so much!
    Roll Tide!!

7. Kathy says:

Tough loss..But we still love our Tigers.

Gator’s all the way…again!

Chomp.

9. Your Friend John In Alabama says:

Jeff, I am sorry to hear of your loss. If it brings any comfort to you, the reports about the Auburn football team being drugged before the game are unfounded.

I can however confirm that they WERE DRUGGED DURING the game… by Alabama players… drugged up and down the field for 60 minutes like they had not been since 1962…”shew”!

Aren’t you glad that I am not your typical arrogant Alabama fan that would rub your nose in such a historic “Bear Bryant” style loss? :)

While I do generally support Alabama as a rule, it is always good for our state when the one team which has a chance beyond the regular season does well at the Iron Bowl.

I support both teams in that regard. (nail biters are much better games tho, and I hate to see a team get skunked)…. There is always next year! How Penn State doing? :)

10. Jeff Schreiber says:

That’s the funniest darned thing I’ve heard all day.

Yeah. That wasn’t the desired result. Ugly.

11. Laptoplizard,Jackson TN says:

I will only add that the Gator Nation has a little to say in this matter….

SCOTUS on the 5th
    SEC on the 6th

Cant get any better I dont reckon.

12. Dakotagirl says:

War Damn Eagle anyway!

I will be doing the Gator chomp this Saturday.

13. 95tequesta says:

War Eagle!!!!!!!! I didn’t pick the school for the football team anyway, I picked the school that would give me the better education.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

What the heck is a Rammer Jammer?!?!?

14. Dakotagirl says:

Rammer Jammer is a (sarcasm) very classy (/sarcasm) cheer sung to opposing team fans after a victory by the Tahd.

WAR DAMN EAGLE ANYWAY!

GO GATORS! CHOMP CHOMP

15. Jeff Schreiber says:

Or, much rather,

“Rammer jammer yellow hammer,
    GO TO HELL, ALABAMA!”

(Personally, that’s a little uncouth for Auburn fans, who tend to be on the other side of the sportsmanship spectrum than, say, LSU fans.)

16. Dakotagirl says:

I admit I did enjoy singing rammer jammer to the Bammer fans during our 6 year Iron Bowl streak. I look forward to singing it again next year.

It’s like they used to tell us Auburn fans during the 1960s and 1970s after the rare Auburn victory, we have to let them win every once a while.

WAR DAMN EAGLE ANYWAY!