Nothing Good Can Come from Obama’s Meeting with McCain

Today, Sen. John McCain will be meeting with the man who vanquished him two weeks ago in the presidential election. While many are saying that Obama’s recent meeting with Hillary Clinton and today’s meeting with McCain are reminiscent of Abraham Lincoln’s “Team of Rivals,” I’m not so sure that so much can be made of it.

Clinton and Obama, after all, are ideologically similar, and tapping her for Secretary of State could be a measure to keep an enemy close, and to add the perception of legitimacy to Obama’s overseas operations and negotiations. With regard to McCain, I’m not so sure today’s meeting isn’t just a token attempt by Obama at publicly “reaching across the aisle.” Even if there is some substance to the meeting, even if Obama truly wants McCain’s input on certain matters, I don’t think anything good can come of the meeting.

McCain has sold out conservatives before. He sold out conservatives in 2002 with the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act, his incumbent-protecting, First Amendment-disregarding campaign finance legislation. He sold out conservatives in 2003 with the McCain-Lieberman Climate Stewardship Act, a piece of costly, economy-stifling legislation which was thankfully defeated. He sold out conservatives in 2007 with his comprehensive immigration bill, authored alongside Teddy Kennedy and designed to provide amnesty to millions of people breaking our laws simply by being here. And he sold out conservatives during the election, when he continued to speak out about “climate change” and cap-and-trade legislation, and when he suspended his campaign, trampled over his own principles, and voted in favor that ridiculous bailout.

If Obama is talking to McCain substantively, I have no faith that the Arizona senator will not pledge to provide assistance with Obama’s attempts to undermine our border security or place undue and unnecessary regulation on American business and industry in the form of cap-and-trade legislation. Either way, Obama will be perceived by many as not only having the “blessing” of a high-profile Republican, but having the support of the most recent GOP candidate for the presidency.

Nothing good can come of this meeting.

The only thing remotely positive is that those Republicans who are paying attention will see, in a nutshell, exactly why McCain lost this election.

Comments

1. hokiedokie24 says:

Jeff, I agree. It makes me sick how everyone is flocking to Obama like he really is the chosen one. I have still been praying that somehow one of the courts makes him show the vault copy of his BC but I am not holding my breath on that. And if this is such a big deal to us how come none of the Republicans other then Keyes are showing an interest to expose this guy??

Barack Obama birth certificate battle unfolds in Honolulu court on Tuesday, November 18th

Andy Martin lands in Honolulu to prepare for court hearing in Obama birth certificate battle

ANDY MARTIN

Executive Editor

ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not

Politically Correct”

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

INTERNET POWERHOUSE ANDY MARTIN IS BACK IN HONOLULU TO FIGHT FOR ACCESS TO BARACK OBAMA’S ORIGINAL, TYPEWRITTEN 1961 BIRTH CERTIFICATE

AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE PREPARATION NECESSARY TO PRESENT A COMPLEX CONSTITUTIONAL CASE 8,000 MILES AWAY FROM HOME

(HONOLULU)(November 16, 2008) Aloha from Hawai’i.

I landed in Honolulu Friday and we have set up a fully functional “fighting camp” to prepare for the court hearing Tuesday, November 18th at 10:30 A.M. on access to Barack Obama’s birth certificate

This will be the first court hearing anywhere on access to the original, 1961 certificate. The only state that has jurisdiction over such a lawsuit is Hawai’i, because Hawai’i officials are the custodians of the 1961 typewritten paperwork.

Before we get to the back story, let me start with a disclaimer. I have no idea what the judge will do on Tuesday. I make no predictions, except one: I will prepare to the best of my ability and present as professional a case as the judge permits. Monday morning I will be on the street serving papers and filing with the Clerk in preparation for Tuesday.

And, looking ahead, whatever happens on Tuesday, on Wednesday we hope to launch my “Conversation With America” about our future course of action in an Obama administration. I invite all of you to join in and support this mission.

Just as the FBI always attends every Gambino Family funeral to see who is there, ContrarianCommentary.com was in Honolulu Friday to observe the “independent” (not family-sponsored) “memorial service” held in memory of Barack Obama’s grandmother, Madelyn Dunham. We will have a full column later Sunday, or possibly Monday.

It occurred to me that you might appreciate some insight into the effort that goes into preparing and presenting a major piece of litigation 8,000 miles away from home.

Anyone who has read our Memorandum of Law (see the ContrarianCommentary.com blogs below for a full copy) will not be surprised that it took us the better part of a week to analyze, research, write and finalize a 25-page document (which we will be filing with the Clerk on Monday morning) setting forth why Obama’s birth certificate must be made public.

If a large law firm was handling the case of Martin vs. Obama, they would probably send a minimum team of four lawyers as well as support personnel. They would have a trial counsel, a couple of associates, and a senior partner to guide the overall process. There would be at least one paralegal, possibly more. That’s why high stakes litigation is so costly.

Martin vs. Obama is a high stakes lawsuit: it seeks to open a vital record of American history to public review and analysis.

And I will be working alone.

Ask any lawyer: it’s not easy landing in a strange town, setting up an office and firing off legal documents in a controversial constitutional case. But we managed to file the lawsuit two days after arriving in Honolulu in October, and now we are back for the first court hearing anywhere to address the issue of Barack Obama’s origins.

Landing in an unfamiliar city, any lawyer would need a support network. We managed to recreate our October “fighting camp” in 24 hours and are up and running. I dragged a printer on the 12 hour flight because we have to be able to react immediately to any development. Saturday morning we were out assembling office supplies to be ready to move quickly on Monday morning.

I even purchased a box of envelopes so that if we have a breather, we can start mailing out thank you notes to everyone who contributed to the financial support of this very costly and complex venture. There is no wasted time on a trip of this nature, and no wasted money.

I will take time off Sunday morning to attend services at Saint Andrews (Episcopal) cathedral in downtown Honolulu. And I forgot to pack my sunglasses, so I need to go shopping for a pair.

Unlike other lawsuits involving Obama, mine is narrowly and specifically focused on access to the original, typewritten 1961 certificate which Hawai’i officials have confirmed they possess. There is no way anyone can express an opinion on the circumstances of Obama’s birth without seeing the vital gateway document. I have refrained from speculating on the contents of the original because my focus is on expressing an informed opinion (a term CNN once made fund of).

Mr. Obama and his Chicago crew have been very crafty in creating a cloud of confusion over the “abstract” that he furnished to FactCheck.org as a purported original birth certificate, when obviously it was nothing of the sort. Many millions of people were confused even though the term “abstract” was clearly visible on the FactCheck.org site (and even though FactCheck.org seems to have missed that significance, as well).

We will also be continuing and conducting the research and investigation we began in October to document Obama’s origins in Hawai’i with interviews and contacts with people who knew his family and the other “players” in the Honolulu dramas of the 1970’s and 80’s.

As these comments are being prepared Sunday morning I can only conclude with a sense of deep humility at the enormity of the task and the nature of the burden. I continue to bear Barack Obama no ill will. Nevertheless, I passionately and sincerely believe that he owes the American people a detailed exposition of both his personal and his family history, and that he has not been candid with the American people. Without candor, he will not be able to establish the legitimacy that is essential for national leadership. He remains a stranger to the American people.

Barack Obama and his character assassins such as Robert Gibbs have done everything they can to demonize and defeat and intimidate me. They have failed utterly and abjectly. Tuesday morning I will stand up in court, stand tall, and stand proud for every American who believes Barack Obama needs to start telling the truth about himself. The election may be over. But the search for the truth about Mr. Obama is continuing.

———————————————-

Readers of Obama: The Man Behind The Mask, say the book is still the only gold standard and practical handbook on Barack Obama’s unfitness for the presidency. Buy it.

Book orders: Amazon.com or http://OrangeStatePress.com. Immediate shipment from Amazon.com or signed copies from the publisher are available.

———————————————

Coincidence? The day before Andy Martins hearing in Hawaii? An arrangement for McCain to propose to amend the Act which was passed in Congress for McCain regarding his birth to be applied to Obama??

4. Matt says:

American politics as usual…

Rumor is that BHO is going to offer McCain the SecDef position – and that McCain will take it with the mission of reforming the acquisitions mechanism.

One topic will be the federal funding of ESC use. There’s no doubt that Bush’s position will be overturned because Obama and Mccain both support this (along with 66% of Americans). Finally!!

If McCain was indeed not “natural born” then he should resign from the US Senate in consideration of his standing as an impostor for the office of POTUS.

Republicans were robbed of an election cycle by an impostor candidate. McCain should have the decency to resign and retire from public life.

That McCain be asked to step down should be an active part of the controversy over this year’s candidates for POTUS who were not natural born.

8. john mirse says:

I’m starting to lose respect for McCain and Palin with each passing day this Obama eligibility issue continues to grow and grow.

1.My point is this: McCain should be the first one who challenges Obama’s eligibility in court, not private dedicated private citizens like Berg, Martin, Dr. Kate, and Ambassador Keyes.

2. McCain obviously has standing, and he also has a bunch of very smart Republican lawyers who would do what MaCain asked of them.

3. Instead of vigorously challenging Obama in court—they have every legal right to do so—- McCain and Palin hide in the background, while brave Americans like Berg, Martin, Dr. Kate, and Keyes try to do something that McCain and Palin don’t seem to want to do: They are trying their hardest to save this country from facing a constitutional crisis if Obama takes the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2009 to be the next President of the United States.

4. Again, where are McCain and Palin to lead the fight to have
    Obama prove once and for all that he is eligible to be the next President of the United States? They are nowhere to be seen.

5. I bet, however, that if Obama is disqualified or is proven to be a liar and a fraud, McCain and Palin will have some excuse why they were too cowardly to join the brave people who love this country and the U.S. Constitution and who are willing to fight for it to the bitter end, people like private citizens Berg, Martin, and Dr. Kate.

6. NOTE: If Obama is disqualified or run out of office down the road, I bet McCain and Palin would be the first in line to grab any power they can from Obama’s disgrace.

7. McCain a Coward? And to make matters worse, and to show what a coward he is, McCain is reportedly visiting Obama today to apply for the position of Defense Secretary in the Obama cabinet!

8. Talk about a person kissing up to the enemy, an enemy who shows no respect for the laws of the Constitution of the United States as he forces the United States into a possible constitutional crisis.

9. McCain and Palin: Stand up and be counted by doing something about this Obama eligibility mess!

10. Show the people who voted for you that you still have some fight left in you to protect and preserve that wonderful document known as the Constitution of the United States.

9. Gustav Jindal says:

I bet you a thousands kopeks McCain met the Marxist/Socialist B. Hussein Obama without pre-conditions!

The Only reason that Obama would hire McCain or any other Republican to any High level Government post would be to have a handy Scapegoat to blame whatever failures they foresee happening under the Obama Administration.

I Can see McCain being appointed to Secretary of Defense, then Ordered to Close down Gitmo, and to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, along with withdrawing forces that are currently keeping Iran in Check. And if any of these Policies go South and whatever tragedies transpires from it can be blamed on the Incompetance of Republicans.

Which in turn will leave these Republicans open for a very Public Firing, along with the inevitable Congressianal Investigations and Hearings, whereas Republicans will be dragged thru the Mud, just in time for the Next Election!

As Much as I hate to say this, but I can see where John McCain would be more than Happy to go along with Obama on this, as he continues to Punish the Racist American public that forced his Amnesty Legislation to fail and go down in Defeat!

Face it, the Republican Party no longer represents the Values of Conservatives anymore, and will actively oppose us at every turn!

11. Luke Sanderlin says:

Jeff, I agree that nothing good can come to the GOP from this. Barack stands to benefit.

Luke

The Freedom to Kill Act at MyRightHook.com

12. Bobby K. says:

The Repubs aren’t going to push this, because they are afraid of the results. They don’t want to be seen as the bad guys or seem to be going against “The One”. Maybe one day some of them will remember they are Conseratives and let their Testicles re-desend. excuse the spelling if it is not correct….

I agree, Jeff…I don’t trust Obama’s motives and the MSM is trying to portray him as the ‘uniter’ of course, but I think McCain needs to remain in the Senate where he MIGHT be effective at blocking some of the liberal legislation that Obama and ‘the gang’ will be pushing. I can’t imagine any position that McCain would feel comfortable in with this administration, considering the differences in philosophy of how our gov’t should be run. I hope he doesn’t fall for this ploy.

I am embarrassed I cast my vote for McCain and Palin. I agree with the above poster that Mac is a coward–but how could that be, after suffering so many years under torture? I am convinced he is a victim of delayed Stockholm syndrome–he sides with the oppressed and the illegals and the guys in Gitmo–he and Obama will get along just fine. And how could he be Sec of Defense when he theoretically had such diametrically opposing views to Obama? This Obama guy–he seems to weave a spell over everyone that comes into contact with him–never, never get yourself into a room alone with him.

Obviously Hussein invited McCain.

If McCain declines, he’s the bad guy for sure.
    By accepting and showing up McCain is simply “going through the motions”.
    Hopefully that’s all it is.

ATTENTION!!! – ATTENTION!!!

Friends, NBC today carried a small piece on the Keyes v. Brown case. We need to go to the link below and “respectfully” blog, blog, blog, so they can see that there is support behind this. Email them, blog them, call them, communicate with NBC any way you wish, but let them know we care about seeing the vault copy of the birth certificate.

NBC TV news out of Augusta, Georgia ran a story on the Alan Keyes lawsuit today. I went to the site, read it myself, along with all the interesting comments. Now the story is gone, completely disappeared. I am afraid that the Obama machine has harrassed NBC into pulling the story. Also other reports on the internet, as AtlasShrugged, that obama operatives are calling and threatening people that write unflattering articles about him. How could this be happening in our country? We have lived the good life for so long and have been so complacent that it would go on forever. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I ever think I would actually have to start fighting this hard to preserve that which is near and dear to me.

18. Larry Walker Jr says:

Sounds like an attempt to make sure McCain doesn’t jump on the Eligibility Lawsuit bandwagon. Using your logic on the previous story I conclude the following:

Is the Keyes action likely to overcome the standing challenge? The big question is what is ‘standing’ and who has it? Who has the right to stand up for our Constitution? Who has the right to ensure that a Presidential candidate meets the ‘natural born citizen’ qualification?

To have standing to sue in federal court, a plaintiff must show (1) a particularized injury-in-fact, (2) a causal relationship between that particularized injury-in-fact and the actions of the defendant or defendants, and (3) that proper adjudication of the matter will provide redress for that injury.

In all the eligibility cases dismissed to-date (12 so far), no one has been able to show the following:

An ‘injury-in-fact’ – A mere voter or citizen is not considered injured by having an ineligible Presidential candidate on the ballot. One would have to show a direct injury. Alan Keyes may be able to prove this since he was on the ballot in California.

A ‘causal relationship’ – It must be shown that the plaintiff had a relationship with Obama directly related to the matter. So far none of the plaintiffs have been Presidential candidates, and thus not directly related to any direct injury. Alan Keyes should be able to prove this because he was on the ballot. Keyes was directly affected by Obama’s candidacy.

And finally that the lawsuit would provide ‘redress for that injury’ – In other words, that disqualifying Obama would somehow directly benefit the plaintiff. On this point, Keyes would have trouble proving had Obama been disqualified, that he would have had a chance to win the election.

According to 3 U.S.C. 8, electors who vote in the Electoral College would have standing. So it’s time for members of the electoral college to step up to the plate.

3 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 8 provides, “The electors shall vote for President and Vice President, respectively, in the manner directed by the Constitution.” This federal statute confers upon each elector an affirmative duty to discover whether the candidate for President for which the elector is seeking election is a “natural born” citizen. Otherwise, the elector would not know if his vote was being cast in the “manner directed by the Constitution.”

Given this constitutionally mandated duty, PETITIONERS have standing to bring this Writ before this Court.

There are however two other persons, and only two in my opinion, who have the right to bring this case up in the Federal courts. John McCain and Sarah Palin would meet the criteria, and could clearly show that they could have won the election had Obama been determined to be ineligible for President. I think Sarah Palin has the guts to take up this matter, but I’m not sure that John McCain has the backbone.

So in conclusion, if Keyes, Martin, and Berg get tossed, who’s going to defend our Constitution? Any takers? Mr. McCain? Ms. Palin? Any of the 538 Electors? Is anybody listening?

Source:

Wake up. Ask yourself: Were McCain and Obama in collusion? Under Article II, neither were “natural born” and therefore not eligible.

Men of ambition and vanity have little difficulty rationalizing such things. In Senators, the Hubris becomes all consuming and is legend.

Look at the Senate resolution for McCain which equally provided cover to Obama; the resolution which declared — without force of law — that John McCain though born in Panama was “natural born.”

They KNEW. THEY KNEW and did it anyway. They have know all along what they were doing, well aware that neither candidate met the requirement of natural born.

The Oligarchy our founders feared is consolidating control. Our elected now sit to rule, not serve.

Let’s see if Donofrio’s case will progress on the SCOTUS docket.

This unique case presents an unprecedented national test on many levels.

The resolution that covers McCain does NOT apply to Obama, I believe the additional wording sought to be entered on behalf of Obama was not entered.
    I might be wrong but recall they introduced some additional language that was not passed.

What should Keyes do on standing ?
    What would Obama do ?

Keyes should do exactly what Obama would do, PLAY THE RACE CARD.
    One can argue that America was ripe for “change” and that Keyes was deprived that racial benefit of the current American mindset.
    Just a thought.

Anon @ 8:43, I tried to get to the story too, but it was gone. I wrote to the President and General Manager of WAGT, Mike Bell. His email is mbell@wagt.com concerning this censorship. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    kb

Wow…the NBC story is gone! And they say –WE- wear tin foil hats. This IS without a doubt a conspiracy to conceal the truth from the American people. What a travesty!!!

23. sambornagain says:

The page is no longer there…
    In the meantime, God will not be mocked, judgment is coming… For in these days evil shall be called good and good shall be called evil.

What do you feel is the blackmail or threat going on behind the scenes? There is obviously something very BIG that has imprisoned all that find out.

What about Obama’s terrorist contributions he received last year? How much more did he receive during this campaign? Are we going to wake up soon to the movement coming to America?
    On this same link, there are copies of receipts from contributions.

Are we waking up yet?

the only reason mcCain lost was that he expected honorable behavior from his opponent.

that entails the lie about public funding which immediately put mccain at a disadvantage and the PAYING OF ACORN an obvious elephant in the room.

the reason obama is not getting the normal “lets now put our full support behind our president,” is because he got it fraudulently. its hard to honor someone without honor.

A bit of irony just now following this election is the playing of some never before seen scenes of the Jonestown story in a review attempting to find the reason behind what convinced other poor dupes to get to the stage that even life no longer mattered.

Some who survived (not many) reflected upon the fact that not even when the man preached loudly his own perversions before the crowd did they have the strength to get out. They were already slowly boiling when they followed meekly into that jungle of “promised paradise”. By that time the grip had taken hold…mostly of their spirits. Could the real world, as they had been told, actually be worse than the situation in which they found themselves? And could this country of ours really be as awful as we’ve been led to believe all these years?

Just wait for the “change” to come…as promised. What kind of foreign existence will the crowds be meekly led into?

27. Ian Thorpe says:

Here is the UK The Guardian reported this morning (prematurely it seems) that Hillary Clinton was about to accept the position of Secretary of State.

That she was even being considered struck me as a very cunical and calculated move. Hillary would have far more opportunity to shine as a campaigning member of the senate; as part of the administration she could be kept on a short leash.

This is another political tactic that goes back to ancient Rome.

So much for innovation and “change.”

28. john mirse says:

I have lost respect for McCain and Palin because they have NOT stepped up and been the first people to challenge Obama’s eligibility issue.

1. This is not the time to say let bygones be bygones and let’s move on.

2. This is not the time to say that 63 million voters want Obama, so it would morally wrong to fight Obama until he produces his Hawaii long form birth certificate— the one with the doctor’s and birth hosptital names on it—and his Hawaii hospital birth record, if it even exists.

3. This is not the time to say that upholding the eligibility clause in the Constitution is really not as important as avoiding possible street riots if Obama is declared ineligible to be President of the United States.

4. McCain and Palin: Do something to try to stop this potential constitutional crisis if Obama takes office on Jan. 20.

5. McCain and Palin: The least you can do is ADD your names to the Keyes vs. Obama case in California.

6. I beg of you, McCain and Palin: Please step in amd challenge Obama’s eligibility to become President of the United States.
    Could you please do that?

(Note: Anonymous posters: Could you please use a name instead of Anonymous? Thanks.)