November 6, 2008 — Assigned Reading

America, FINALLY a Great Nation
(FROM: YouTube/CBS) As an American, as a student of our history, as a believer in equality, I am absolutely thrilled that a black man has been elected as president of the United States. Aside from the fact that I do not agree whatsoever with the politics and ideology of that man, we are not that far removed even from Brown v. Board of Education and, for that reason, am happy that America’s freedom is on display. However, one thing that concerns me is a trend I’m beginning to see. About three minutes into the CBS video, Harry Smith sits down with Maya Angelou who, obviously proud of Barack Obama’s election as the 44th president, makes it pretty clear that she is finally proud of her country. This is the same sentiment we heard earlier this year from Michelle Obama, and even from Barack himself in his victory speech on Tuesday night. America is finally what it should be, they say. America will finally be seen as a great nation, they maintain, as if on Monday it was not, as if under John McCain it would not be. This perspective saddens me, it makes me angry, and I’m not so sure what can be done about it.

Obama and Preferences: It’s time to move past racial quotas
(FROM: The Wall Street Journal) As I wrote before, seeing Jesse Jackson weep while at Obama’s Grant Park victory rally was oddly moving, especially knowing that he might not have known that the camera was right on him, and that Jackson doesn’t necessarily care much for Obama (after all, just a few weeks ago, he said that he wanted to “cut his nuts out”). It showed that, to Jackson, much of his life’s work, regardless of how wrong he might have gone about it, was coming to fruition. As I hope that, if some good is to come of it, Obama’s election as president will show that anything is indeed possible in America and for anybody, those images of Jackson crying really came to mind when I read this piece. An excerpt:

The existence of racism in America has long been used by some civil rights leaders and the political left as an all-purpose explanation for racial disparities. According to the likes of Al Sharpton and Julian Bond, bigotry is at the root of higher rates of black teen pregnancy or lower rates of black homeownership. The election of a black President doesn’t mean that racism no longer exists. But it does make it harder to justify the claim that a racist country is the major obstacle to black advancement.

As President, Mr. Obama will have to meet the expectations of millions of voters, including minorities. Symbolism can only go so far. He could make a major contribution to American society — and help his own popularity — if he used his bully pulpit to facilitate minority advancement without resorting to discriminating against others.

Emanuel Accepts Job as White House Chief
(FROM: Associated Press) If President-elect Barack Obama wants to keep his promise of governing more from the center, this move sure doesn’t show it. Emanuel, a Chicago-style politician, congressman and former policy aide to President Bill Clinton described by Dick Morris as a guy who keeps his own political ambitions as top priority, a guy whose style was described by Democratic party strategist Paul Begala as a “cross between a hemorrhoid and a toothache,” is aggressive, venomous, and the quintessential uppity democrat. I can understand why Obama picked the guy, however. Emanuel knows Congress and knows the White House, while Obama spent two-thirds of his time in the senate running for president, and is completely new to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Still, the democrats are now completely and totally accountable for what goes on in Washington (whether or not the media will hold them as such is another question) and, while Obama will need to stand up to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, who will inevitably want to take a course and do things which Obama may not want to do for political reasons or otherwise, I’m not sure that Emanuel is the guy to help him stay defiant. Any way you look at it, however, this tough-as-nails former ballet dancer is far from a post-partisan pick.

Putin May Return to Kremlin in 2009
(FROM: Reuters) Is there anyone out there that believes Dmitry Medvedev is actually in control? Especially considering that we just elected, as our next president, a man with zero foreign policy experience, this move doesn’t surprise me one bit. Think about it — Iran was releasing hostages while Ronald Reagan was being sworn in; here, we see the exact opposite. See a weakness? Hit it with everything you’ve got. It’s obvious, from this report and from yesterday’s Guardian (UK) report that Russia will be deploying missiles near the Polish border, that Russia sees a possible opening to exploit in their goal of meeting, if not usurping, America’s position as world superpower. And President-elect Obama wants to decrease military spending and dilute military strength — maybe it’s a good spot for that video again…

SEE ALSO:

Nader Out, Predicts Obama Landslide
(FROM: Detroit Free-Press) This just makes me laugh. Ralph Nader conceding the race is, to me, no different than if I were to stand up and concede.

PHILADELPHIA (America’s Right) — Conservative Blogger Jeff Schreiber has conceded his bid for the presidency of the United States of America, saying that he was proud as an American to have been considered for the post alongside former POW and “American hero” John McCain and “half-term senator” Barack Obama.

“With careful thought, I am abandoning my hope to be president,” Schreiber said. “I’d just like to thank Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama for running such respectful campaigns, and for not mentioning my name in a bad light. Or a good one, for that matter.”

HA! Maybe in 2012, Ralphie.

Treasury Submits to Shariah
(FROM: The Washington Times) This, my friends, is why we need a strong judiciary that looks to the United States Constitution alone as binding authority. Sandra Day O’Connor considered international law “persuasive” … in this global climate, with the way radical Islam is conducting Jihad From Within in Western Europe and the UK, we can ill afford to look anywhere else than our own founding documents.

Ann Coulter: The Reign of Lame Falls Mainly on McCain
(FROM: Human Events) I’ve written a bit, over recent days, about the ideological struggle now going on in the Republican Party. In fact, it’s been everywhere. Only Ms. Coulter, however, could put it so … so … nicely? I certainly don’t agree with her all of the time, but here, she’s pretty well right on the money. An excerpt:

Republicans lost this presidential election, and I don’t blame the messenger; I blame the message. How could Republicans go after B. Hussein Obama (as he is now known) on planning to bankrupt the coal companies when McCain supports the exact same cap and trade policies and earnestly believes in global warming?

How could we go after Obama for his illegal alien aunt and for supporting driver’s licenses for illegal aliens when McCain fanatically pushed amnesty along with his good friend Teddy Kennedy?

How could we go after Obama for Jeremiah Wright when McCain denounced any Republicans who did so?

How could we go after Obama for planning to hike taxes on the “rich,” when McCain was the only Republican to vote against both of Bush’s tax cuts on the grounds that they were tax cuts for the rich?

And why should Republican activists slave away working for McCain when he has personally, viciously attacked: John O’Neill and the Swift Boat Veterans, National Right to Life director Doug Johnson, evangelical pastors Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and John Hagee, various conservative talk radio hosts, the Tennessee Republican Party and on and on and on?

Education, or Indoctrination?
(FROM: Hot Air) This is what I was talking about yesterday, this is why we need to be more involved with our children’s lives, learn what they’re learning in their classes, read what they’re reading in their textbooks, hear what they’re hearing from their teachers. We cannot afford to allow the future of our nation to be corrupted. Look at this video, and tell me that it doesn’t make you livid:

Comments

1. ForMySons says:

Education in the ways of defining and maintaining Liberty were powerful tenets of John Adams. He feared the emotions of the Revolution would be diluted and faded by history, and he was very prophetic. The above link is required reading for the re-education of all Americans as to why we need to keep close the attitudes and passions of our forefathers….One thing Obama said that I take to heart and strive to live by…”turn off the TV, video games”, educate your children,educate yourself so we can begin the process to reclaim our Republic

2. Christopher Wiseman says:

I agree whole-heartedly with your sentiment, and I can tell you that it is not just Conservatives who feel this way. Yesterday I had an enlightening conversation with a good friend of mine who happens to be an ardent Democrat. She said to me that “I got the results I wanted, just not the way I would have wanted to get them.” She went on to describe her sadness at voters being interviewed who had never voted before and voted for Obama because he was black.

This election did not mark some watershed moment in American history as many self-congratulating Democrats and Independents claim. Had the allegations concerning Obama been towards a white Republican, his campaign would have been dead in the water. The fact that people proudly admit the voted for Obama because he was black shows that that he was voted for based on the color of his skin and not the content of his character.

I fear that reverse rascism is as alive and kicking (if not moreso now) as it was November 3rd or November 3rd eight years ago. When an Alan Keyes or Thomas Souell or Michael Steele can win without being labeled Uncle Tom, Sellout or Oreo, then I will believe that we are colorblind.

3. bill says:

I love it and keep ‘em coming.

Coulter is correct, but I believe the why of McCain’s failure actually falls squarely on Rick Walker and the inner circle. Obama could have been defeated and that more than anything drives me nuts.

Dear Jeff — I, like many Americans, am sick….SICK…about hearing that Obama’s election is “historic”, or “healing”, or “rebirth”, or “hope”. I am furious that above all else, we chose to make this an election about race. People were so caught up in the “historic” nature of this, that they did not look to see that they were endorsing an inexperienced fraud. That somehow, the color of his skin would heal the world, and bring goodness and light. I am disgusted. This is a presidential election people. I am electing a world leader, to protect the safety and security of my family, and my country. The election is not for paying reparations or retribution. People see it as some kind of justice. it is just plain stupidity.

I have been depressed since tuesday, that we let our country down. We let our soldiers down. We have elected this piece of uselessness, this liar, to lead our beloved country.

How could we? I am so very sorry, Dear America, I am so very sorry, that we did this to you. Please forgive us.

5. Mary says:

I come here for information, not propganda. GoOd-bye.

6. Horrias says:

I think what Christopher Wiseman is neglecting, indeed what most people of this mode of thinking are neglecting, is that the “because he’s black” argument runs both ways. Yes, there will have been millions who voted for Obama simply based on race, but I would venture to say that they were canceled out by those who said the same thing on the other side. They obviously weren’t as vocal – or as visible – but you’d be naive to think otherwise.

One thing is for certain, however, Obama is the people’s president. His popular vote count and electoral college results validate that.

On a side note, anyone who takes anything Anne Coulter says is living in her lala land. The woman is not only insane, she’s vindictive, extreme, and intolerant to the point of bigoted. Sara Palin is not a real conservative. She’s a neo-con in the truest sense of the word.

Anne Coulter makes my brain vomit in my skull

Dear Jeff,
    Don’t waste your time trying to do anything about ‘It”. You will be fighting yourself. We are all one in this world..human beings who are all struggling to be loved,love and survive.
    What Maya, meant was that now we can all rise above the past shameful behavior of oppression because the majority did. It is the Hundreth Monkey principle. When a critical mass is reached all same beings change to the new principle.
    Maya is a strong supporter of the Clintons and used her poem “I rise” as Hillary’s sendoff trumpet months ago. Hillary herself was able to see Obama’s rise as a powerful opening to a fulfilled dream of the ones who came before.

I did not vote for Obama but I can easily embrace the historic growth of our nation’s soul.

Tanya in CT

THAT’S IT Jeff! This blog (charming though it is) is way to small for you. You need to be out on the national media stage. (My first choice would be for you to replace Joe Klein at Time magazine.) I mean, WOW, you were great before, but since this election has ended it’s like a curtain has been parted on the all the chaos and your articulation of the issues has been reeeaaaalllllly good! I am so grateful you are out there doing it so darned well!

9. RatTrader says:

Thanks Jeff for all you do.

Hey, did anyone see this story about Emanuel avoiding property taxes? How clever this low life is. Check out this blog, they have two sources that confirm story.

I watched my local TV noon news today for the first time since Tuesday night. It’s not that I haven’t wanted to see the news. Indeed, I’ve been turning it on everyday at noon, 4pm, 5pm, 5:30pm (national), 6pm, 10pm, and 10:30pm (Nightline), just as I usually do when I can. But I’ve only been able to stomach the first 30 seconds or so each time because the lead story is ALWAYS about our “Historic First African-American President Barack Obama” with everyone, newscasters included, GUSHING about his victory and GUSHING about his “Change” and GUSHING, GUSHING, GUSHING.

Maybe I wouldn’t mind all the gushing so much (I’m not one for gushing) if our “First African-American President” had been Thomas Sowell, or Clarence Thomas, or Walter Williams, or any number of other highly intelligent, thoughtful, honest, conservative blacks who earned their respect and station in life, who understand what’s good for this country and what’s not, and who value the American Constitution and what it stands for. They’d get my vote any day.

But what do we get instead? Aside from being a lying, cheating, extreme-liberal, pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti-capitalism, narcissistic, tree-hugging, Marxist/socialist/Communist spy for the Nation of Islam, we get a black man with the same old “victim-of-discrimination, kept-down-by-the-white-man, give-me-reparations” chip on his shoulder that infects so many blacks in this country.

I used to respect Denzel Washington because he’s a fine actor…until I watched an interview in which he complained about all the movie roles he hasn’t been offered. Forget all the magnificent roles he HAS received, all the money he’s been paid, all the awards bestowed upon him. What eats at him are the roles he DIDN’T get. His cup is always half-empty instead of half-full.

INGRATITUDE plagues human beings of all races in all countries, but it’s widespread in American blacks who keep publically blaming everything they don’t have, everything they haven’t yet achieved, on racism and slavery to the white man. It’s the reason they’re “finally” proud of America. I for one am just plain tired of hearing it, and agree with someone who posted here several days ago, “If only the white man had picked his own cotton.”

“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” President J.F. Kennedy

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill

“If you pay people to be poor, they’ll line up to be poor.” Unknown author

Jeff writes: “America is finally what it should be, they say. America will finally be seen as a great nation, they maintain, as if on Monday it was not, as if under John McCain it would not be. This perspective saddens me, it makes me angry, and I’m not so sure what can be done about it.”

We need to turn that rhetoric around and remind everyone that America didn’t BECOME a great Nation when Obama got elected President; Obama got elected BECAUSE America has been, is and will continue to be, a great Nation.

We need to repeat that message everywhere and often!

12. beachsand says:

horrias said–”When did our party become all about the religious right? I’m a Christian man, but I don’t think my religion should run my country and certainly not my party.

Anne Coulter makes my brain vomit in my skull.”

That is probably your problem…. certainly your “Christianity” should influence everything in your life!… such as being pro-life, honest and so on…..

13. beachsand says:

1. Hey! Obama is NOT black!! He had a white mother and a black father.

2. The worst part of all of this is the corruption behind everything that has happened.

3. If people led honest lives they would not have to hide by being critical of their opponents and by being prejudice.

And what about Berg vs. Obama Supreme Court action?

Is it fine to accept someone who is very likely not eligible to be PotUSA?!!!!

What about the API and the Michelle Obama tape, has this tape been released on Fox or else?

I agree with Ms. Coulter who did oppose the war…I mean, McCain from the beginning. She did vote for him but did not want to, by her own admission.

While McCain was the better choice of the two candidates, the RNC would have done better choosing a man or woman that is not a centrist. While I admire McCain’s pro-life views and his overall narrative as a reborn family man and one who fell in love with America while a POW, I don’t believe he represented the conservatives best. I also think he was nominated to run against Hillary, not Obama.

Coulter forgot to mention McCain’s rebuke of conservative Cunningham who mentioned Obama’s middle name. She also could have mentioned how he refused to go on the Mike Savage show who has millions of listeners.

I also believe both McCain and Palin could have been forthright on condemning the homosexual agenda. Also, she should have been better versed on foreign policy- This is where I blame McCain. However Palin’s ridiculous comment in her only debate about loving Israel, when her home evangelical church is a strong advocate for the conversion of the Jews and who follows Darby dispensationalism that produced the Hagee Christian Zionism heresy. I suspect that Palin is a Christian Zionist and all Jews, except for a few conservatives like Ben Netanyahu and Joe Lieberman, are turned off by what they perceive as pandering. Episcopalians, like the young McCain, are generally not Christian Zionists. This didn’t get them any votes and cost them plenty.

As for Obama’s CoS pick Emmanuel,it makes perfect sense. He is formerly a political Zionist Jew, who has now joined with Jewish Ben Bernanke and Jewish billionare George Soros and Jewish Philosopher Noam Chomsky in supporting Obama. Why? The answer will surprise you and introduce you to our new foriegn policy.

Conservatives must now regroup and look toward 2010. Let’s see someone beyond gender or race who is a good family person who keeps their word and doesn’t pander. They need to stay away from Hollywood and Leno, Letterman and SNL. They need to not give interviews to losers like Gibson or Couric. They should steer clear of people who think they all so important like the eternal talkshow hosts, mocking comode-ians and known Democrat media personalities. They need to stay away from the Alfred Smith charity roasts.

Last, utilize technology as the Obama campaign did. The RNC need to know that talk radio was and is on the side of conservatives while the TV is on the side of liberals. I don’t expect this to change anytime soon. Deal with it!The internet is up for grabs and a level playing field.

This is just so you know my bias (we all have one): I am a Catholic, Republican, Texan and Operation Iraqi Freedom Army war veteran who was there in 2004 looking for WMD. I am 38 years old and I love my country.

kenfollis@juno.com

A little reality here. But first get all the emoting of “the moment” where we finally redeemed ourselves (meaning not just the race thing….but doing so with the poster boy for liberal race thing) out of your system. Does anyone really believe that this same cast of characters would be crying and praising the country for such a breakthrough IF the black man had been a conservative???? Wouldn’t we be hearing cries of “he doesn’t REALLY represent his own race…he’s not REALLY one of them”. And so the “ultimate” candidate for anointing would still be yet to come.

Does no one care that Obama is not a natural born citizen and our Constitution is in jeopardy? One of the first things that fraud will do is try and change the Constitution so that it is o.k. if anybody wants to become President. That breaks my heart. Our forefathers wrote the Constitution for a reason which was not to let some low life foreigner that Obama is to become President. I wonder what position he will give Ayres and his other terrorist friends? This country is going to Hell in a hand basket. It’s a shame my 6 year old grandson will grow up under socialism or communism. I am very sad and have been since Tuesday night. I hope I can pull out of it. Obama puts nothing but fear in me. People followed him blindly just like they did Hitler many years ago and look what happened? If Ayres wanted to kill 25,000,000 of us in the 1960′s, how many will be want to get rid of now? I do not think most people realize how dangerous he and his cronies are going to be. It has just begun………bkw

18. bluewater says:

We actually had strong conservatives in the primaries: Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo. The problem was that we let the media run OUR primaries and debates – and they gave all of the attention to the popular moderates. Even Hannity and Limbaugh were cool on the conservatives because they weren’t “popular.” Beck even mocked Hunter because he was in the tank for Romney. We have to take back our primaries and our selection process.

A MASTERFUL SUCCESS FOR OBAMA AND MINIONS

With a win in the presedential campaign, Barack Obama and his followers have succeeded in redefining the principals of some Americans and, thereby, showing the rest of the world exactly what values he holds dear. With promises of fundamental change rekindling the hopes of Americans who were supposedly passed over by the blind and inhumane forward march of capitalism, Obama garnered the support he needed from a broad swath of the political spectrum.

His eloquent orations and polished mannerisms seemed to throw a fog over his suspected character flaws passed over as non-existant by the majority of voters and the news media. His ability to falsely assure those spoiled masses that he had their particular interests at heart shielded them from his admitted inward disgust for an America seen as having fallen short of its potential. With phraseology such as “economic justice” and “social equality” his choice of confrontation and deceptive activism was believed to be a patriotic and honest hard look at what America had become and as a path to be followed to the full realization of his vision for improvement.

For his ability to persuade and beguile the weak in thought, for his persistence in applying the lessons learned from Marx and Alinsky to the modern election campaign, for his inherent honoring of self and demands of respect and fair play by his opponent, and for his diplomatic prowess in enlisting the formidable persuasiveness of the broadcasting industry to a belief in his cause, we find it our responsibility to offer Mr. Obama a hearty slap on the back and a whispered, under the breath utterance of a sincere and profane expression of our feeling for him.

Yes, he’s the one. The one who saw, the who knew, and the one who acted in a fashion designed to seize the growing tide of dissention and then rub it raw.

Let’s be perfectly candid when defining and quantifying his life, his career, and the campaign that has brought us to this point in history.

With what could legally be considered a radically subversive life totally committed to the peaceful overthrow of the US government, Obama has lied about the truth and prideful confessions of his own autobiography to the apparent satisfaction of Americans who once thought of themselves as patriotic and freedom loving Americans. With proven ties and alliances to such radicals and criminals as Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, Louis Farakhan, Jeremiah Wright, and various political machine thugs of Chicago, Obama sailed by any serious scrutiny from all but his most dedicated opponents, and those were as dust in the wind. With a confession of having used hard drugs regularly in college and seeking out the most controversial organizations on campus to insure that he was not seen as a sell out, the adoring masses gathered at his feet and swooned. There was no possibility of wrong doing in their dazed perception of “The One We Have Been Waiting For”.

Barack Obama was uniquely qualified to lead the spineless of America from their comfortable life of pursuing happiness into the tyranny and cruelty of an imposed socialist oligarchy, all the while being praised and adored by those he would lead to ruin. Yes indeed, Mr. Obama has to be given his just rewards for his intellect, for his ability to deceive, for his cunning allure, for his stealthy lethality. He has, in less than 24 months, accomplished what the Soviet Union, in all its might and splendor, failed to acieve in fifty years of devious effort. He has, by himself, brainwashed the mentally vulnerable in American society and the leaders of a major political party to allow him to fundamentally rebuild the American government, economy, and mindset from one of Constitutional rule by law and the ideal of individual liberty, to the tried and failed, oppressive criminalities of narcissistic sociopathy espoused by some of the most brutal and murderous maniacs in human history.

Following in the boot prints of the National Socialist Party of Germany (NAZIS) and the original creator of modern fascism, (Mussolini) Obama is set to impose, with the help of like minded Democratic congressmaen, a destructive and demoralizing set of policies that are fully capable of rendering the sole super power on Earth as weak and vulnerable as any third world anarchy. And this to the delight and cheers of those who were once considered to be among the most blessed and envied people on the planet.

Congratulations are not appropriate. Any claim of admiration or respect is not to be found here. What is offered here to Mr. Obama is the promise of no quarter for him and his cronies from those of us who, with the full blessing and admonition of the supreme law of the land, will dog his life incessantly as long as he pursues his evil vision for our nation. We offer him only our most zealous opposition, violently if required, to his twisted and selfish plans. We have nothing but disdain and contempt for his actions and their vomitous inspirations.

To those Americans who have proven weak of spirit and mind in their lemming like sleep walk to Obama’s beckon call, we offer our most heartfelt sympathy at being fooled by the most foolish of all in that you chose such as they promised above the God inspired and humanly expensive paradise of liberty and opportunity of America. We understand such as you but deny any likeness in ourselves, having escaped and thrown off all dealings with such as you centuries past. We wash our hands of your weak ways and offer no consideration of forgivness for any future change of heart. You have what you begged him to give you, and we can no longer tolerate such a luke warm allegiance.

The battlefield has been cleared of non-combatant waste, and it is our opportunity, no, our purpose to plan and execute a withering counter strike of dedication and confidence in the faith and loyalty of the majority of Americans in their inheritance of the promise of the Constitution We, the Conservative Patriots of America, stand together in the righteous pursuit of American values, and the annihilation of all enemies and traitors from the soil and remembrance of America. So help us God.

Glenn Flowers

Have y'all checked API lately? I don't much, but occasionally I see what's happening. They have an article on there about Obama being born in Kenya, and the Kenyans celebrating, etc., and here is a little bit of what they say:

>>Meanwhile, to honor the son of Kenya, born in Mombasa, Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki today declared a national holiday so that all Kenyans can celebrate Obama’s triumphant conquest of America. There is a saying now in Kenya: The Americans Conquered the Space (landing on the moon) and Kenyan born Obama conquered America”. A song is now being produced bearing the title: Obama the conqueror brings America to its knees!<<

I didn’t vote for Obama, not because the color of his skin.I don’t care about it. I didn’t vote for him,because of his character. First, he is liar,cheater,user.He blocked all his past, starting with his birth. Who is Obama? where is his Birth Certificate? To bad, the first Black president is not the president that will make the AA proud.He is a userper, not legal, not valid. I would be happy to celebrate with the AA if they would get the real first AA president, one who will go in the history as a decent AA president,but he is a fraud.I was devasteted, when I saw the night of O celebration a young men,holding the communist read flag.This was the reason I almost paid with my life,and how many did, running away from that rotten system, that was the distruction of any human pride you had. So, if I almost paid the price to be free, I would not accept those who wants to destroy our Constitution. A country with no Constitution, it’s not a country anymore. It’s a mess like Ruanda.

22. Debbie31 says:

This woman teaching is an absolute disgrace. She should be fired immediately. She is obviously a public school teacher because there is NO way a private school would hire her with that type of teaching style and ignorance in how she presents herself to the world. The classroom should be a safe place (especially with kids that are this young and impressionable) for them to learn, take chances and feel free to express their thoughts and share their feelings. He little girl who was for McCain looked frightened to even speak. Why this teacher is adding her biased “opinion” is a mystery. The subjects taught should be presented in an impartial way.

And, I agree about being sick of hearing that this a “historic”. We all know that most, if not all, of the black community voted for Obama solely on the color of his skin. Martin Luther King’s dream is dead. His dreams for the future was to view people based on character, not skin color. It’s a shame to see how badly King’s dream got lost.

And, as if America didn’t exist as a great nation before “The One” was elected. I will say this though. I saw a recent interview of Al Sharpton done by DL Hughley on CNN. And it seemed as though Sharpton actually “got it”. Sharpton analogized that the black community was like an airplane. Black people (with the election of Obama) have a black man sitting in the pilot’s seat. He is in control. Here’s the catch………Sharpton realized that the pilot still needs to FLY the plane! Obama needs to be accountable for producing results.

Obama has the hopes and dreams of the black community on his shoulders. That is a large cross to bare. There is still plenty of room for scrutiny, and still the chance that the plane will crash and burn. Maybe the plane will not even get off the ground. If Obama is indeed the fraud that we all think he is, this could happen and is a plausible scenario.

Obama can still fail, still screw up, still do a horrible job, etc. Just because he got “elected” does not mean he will be a good president. And if/when he crashes and burns, he will set the black aspirations for future black candidates to the White House back 20 years……..just like Geraldine Ferraro did for women back in 1980 when after the Mondale ticket LOST – she cried. The woman cried. That is a huge legacy for woman in power to move passed to gain future respect. Think about it….it’s 2008 and we finally have 2 women return to the ticket with Hillary and Palin. How come it took so long?

23. Luke Sanderlin says:

“President of the World” Prepares Pronunciation of Disciples

An early report from Fox News Network insinuates that Obama is being viewed as “President of the World.” Fox reported, “President-elect Barack Obama is being embraced worldwide as a symbol of a new beginning for international relations.”

"This is the fall of the Berlin Wall times ten," Rama Yade, France's junior minister for human rights, told French radio. "On this morning, we all want to be American, so we can take a bite of this dream unfolding before our eyes."

Are you kidding me? The fall of the Berlin Wall times ten? Dream? – well, yes. The dream is that the Obama administration will make good on the unrealistic promises of its campaign without irrecoverably breaking our nation. I believe that time will reveal the faults of “economic justice,” “class envy” and “reverse racism.”

President-elect Obama continued to prove to me over the past two years that he wants to engage in income redistribution, class warfare, and race hustling at home, and appeasement, retreat and defeat abroad. He decrees and insists that the middle class should come before all other Americans. While I fit into today’s description of middle class, I argue that one class should not be elevated above others out of envy. I also argue that there is no difference between racial solidarity among minority groups and racial prejudice. I insist that voting for – or against – someone based solely on their skin color is by virtue, racism. As Obama ran for the highest office in our land, he could have denounced such actions. My feeling is that it was his responsibility to do so. He did nothing, just like he did nothing helpful at the time the economy began its decent.

Looking forward, Obama’s chance to prove me wrong is forthcoming. His initial trial in his official capacity as president-elect, like all previous president-elects will be the selection of his administration’s cabinet.

Speculation of when the Obama administration’s cabinet will be announced continued today after Tuesday’s landmark win. Some outlets have reported the announcement will come mid-week and some say it will not come until after Thanksgiving.

Though I know it is a lot to digest in a single post, political spectators have concluded that the following individuals are at the forefront of the selection process:

Secretary of State: Sen. John F. Kerry ; Sen. Richard Lugar; New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson

Secretary of the Treasury: former Clinton treasury secretaries Larry Summers and Robert Rubin; FDIC Chairwoman Sheila C. Bair; New York Fed President, former Treasury under secretary and assistant secretary Timothy Geithner; former Federal Reserve chairman Paul Volcker

Secretary of Defense: Sen. Chuck Hagel; Richard Danzig, Navy secretary under Clinton; John Hamre, president and CEO of CSIS and former deputy secretary of defense; President Bush’s incumbent, Robert Gates

Attorney General: Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine; Eric Holder, who was deputy Attorney General under Clinton and is now with Covington & Burling and led Obama’s vice presidential search; Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick; Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano

Secretary of the Interior: Rep. Jay Inslee, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Secretary of Agriculture: Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack, Rep. Collin Peterson

Secretary of Commerce: Penny Pritzker, Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, Sen. Olympia Snowe

Secretary of Labor: Former Rep. Richard Gephardt; Andrew Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Tom Daschle; Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean; John Kitzhaber, former Oregon governor

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Longtime Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.)

Secretary of Transportation: Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Rep. Jim Oberstar

Secretary of Energy: California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sen. Jeff Bingaman

Secretary of Education: David Boren, president of the University of Oklahoma, former U.S. senator and former Oklahoma Gov.; Former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean, chairman of the 9/11 Commission; Rep. George Miller

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Former Sen. Max Cleland; Tammy Duckworth, the director of Illinois Veterans’ Affairs, Iraq veteran and former Democratic House candidate; Bush’s incumbent, James Peake

Secretary of Homeland Security: Former Sen. Gary Hart; William Bratton, Los Angeles police chief and former New York police commissioner; former Rep. Tim Roemer, a member of the 9/11 Commission; Rep. Jane Harman; Sen. Susan Collins

I hope to discuss each of his choices as they become available – time permitting.

Union educators. She’s stomping around that classroom no better than an intimidating thug pounding on an age-inappropriate topic to self-gratify her own narcissistic obsessions. This video is a model of the abuse that goes on daily where children are imprisoned in classrooms and held hostage by these “classroom workers” in the name of “education.”

I say “Let my people go.”

Since the public schools first fell victim to unionization, the performance and overall mental and institutional health of the school environment has been in steady decline.

What gets me is the “education worship” mentality of the hacks and clowns that operate this racket.

This nation was built by people who didn’t have what is now called “education.”

It’s beginning to look less and less that it can be sustained by the people who do.

Stick a fork in the schools. They’re done. Nothing will improve until the unions are thrown out and the individual child becomes the focus again.

I will NEVER watch MSM again. They lie and cover up the truth. They have become a propaganda media.

I stopped buying my local paper months ago because of the bias.

Obama is not and never will be my president. He bought the election with illegal campaign money.

I look for him to be impeached before he finishes his term. He was a crook in Chicago, while campaigning and will be in the White house.

Jeff:

You say that there is conflict within the Republican party. I just listened to the Oreilly factor again tonight regarding Palin and something dawned on me. THE WHOLE REPUBLICAN SUPPORT PEOPLE AND THE WHOLE REPUBLICAN CAMPAIGN WAS SEVERELY DISORGANIZED! I heard it from Oreilly. He said that the Obama campaign was a lot easier to talk to and cooperated a lot more with phone calls and such to schedule appointments to talk with Obama.

I think this lack of communication, disorganization and internal conflict in the Republican support and campaign committe was what lost this race. I believe that Obama supporters were planning for him for eight years. They had everything dialed in right. And McCain campaign was always 100 steps behind and they weren’t focused with a cause. In fact, in the next election I would encourage anyone who was running on the Republican ticket to not use ANY of the people from the previous campaign. Obviously they are not to be trusted because if they “tattle” about the insignificant catty things they did about Palin, well, they just aren’t for the Republican cause and they don’t really have the best interests of the country at heart.

We need a battle plan, and people who are dedicated and able to work together no matter what stresses come their way.

To her credit Palin stayed in the race. The fraudulent capture of her emails indicated that she was dealing with some stress from someone, like she was being treated bad. I think it was her own party mostly. From the sound of the complaints against her, I wouldn’t have had the guts to stay in the race if people had treated me like that.

I know the kind of people that would tattle about stuff like that. First of all, they exaggerate everything to try to make their case sound like its important when it isn’t. Secondly, because they don’t like her (probably they were jealous) they probably took every word out of her mouth and interrupted with their own interpretation of what she was going to say and then say that she didn’t know whatever it was she was going to say.

You shouldn’t have to be on your best behavior 24 hours per day. Your people closest to you should be your support system and understand when you need alone time, or sleep for heaven’s sake! And, for the good of the country, why criticize her knowledge? It seems so petty, especially when she was running for vice presidency. And even if she became president, being a president is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE FOLKS! If Clinton and Kennedy can do it while having sex with different people when they should have been working, it couldn’t be that hard. Give me a break.

27. Rob Shore says:

The MSM players are sitting around saying, We don’t know much about Obama do we? For some of them it seems like a case of buyers remorse. I wonder how many Obama voters have cleared the programming from their mind and discovered the same thing?

With the cases pending concerning Obama’s birth certificate, there is still a chance the Charlatan will be unmasked and exposed for what he really is, so don’t give up hope.

Now we must begin our letter writing campaign to the Supreme Court insisting as guardians of our most treasured document, they insure a legitimate President is installed.

This matter is well beyond just interpreting the Constitution and ruling on an issue, it has now become a situation of defending the Constitution.

We must insist they hold Barack Obama accountable to the Constitution and provide the proof he is eligible to preside under the Constitution.

# Public Information Office: 202-479-3211, Reporters press 1

# Clerk’s Office: 202-479-3011

28. SavageMonkey says:

Oh listen to yourselves. Like a bunch of little girls crying because you didn’t get picked to dance with the cute boy.

Do we need to call the waaaaaambulance? You all need to grow a pair.

Grow up! We’re not going to get anything done until you realize that this election was not stolen, that your pursuit to discredit Obama on his birth certificate will go nowhere, and that the Republican party was REJECTED by the American people.

Until we realize this, and get the party BACK to where it should be, as Jeff has been saying, then we will continue to lose elections and continue just to look like a sloppy, unorganized bunch of sour-grapes, out of touch old white guys.

Our country is not doomed, nor is our constitution, and Jesus H. Christ our county did not start to “die”. We’re not going to suddenly switch to socialism you ninnies. Nothing you project onto Obama is going to make him evil, and no one is going to blindly follow him to the dark side where we eat children for dinner and sacrifice virgins at the alter.

When you finally pull your heads out of your behinds, we can get to work and do something constructive besides watch Sean Hannity for comfort.

29. STOPBHO says:

The Communist Party USA

This is the party that Frank Marshall Davis belonged to. This was also the man Obama referred to in his book as a “MENTOR” “A man I could look up to as a father figure”. Why does this not scare people, or is it they just don’t know?

30. Gary says:

Guy we need to get the conservative message out to the young headbangers:

From Mainemom:

I have just read some very powerful sentiments here, some very eloquently stated, all undeniably heartfelt.

I empathise with you completely.

But, the question of the hour is not how you feel, but What are you going to DO?

From a French blog:

Today will certainly mark a turning point in American history. But I cannot say if this is good or bad. If, as some feel, an Obama victory will re-energize the Republicans, forcing them to fight back with candidates who are much more decisive on crucial issues, such as immigration, it will have served a purpose. For this to happen, Obama will have to reveal himself as both incompetent and harmful to the country. But if, as I fear, Obama is clever, and manages to hide his true self, his racism, his wife’s racism, his private agenda; if he pretends to be conservative on some issues, if he accomplishes enough legislation – especially socialist economic recovery programs – quickly, and reassures the people that he is a genuine man of State, then the damage he does will be harder to detect and harder to prove. Bill Clinton was clever until his affair with Monica, which was already in his second term. He followed this fiasco with the bombing of Belgrade, another fiasco, at least for those who understood what was at stake. But by that time he had won two elections, and it was too late to do anything except wait for the 2000 election.

The French blogs have been following the race closely.Le Conservateur posted this list of unknown factors regarding the Senator who will soon be our President:

1. Occidental College records — Not released
    2. Columbia College records — Not released
    3. Columbia Thesis paper — not available, locked down by faculty
    4. Harvard College records — Not released, locked down by faculty
    5. Selective Service Registration — Not released
    6. Medical records — Not released
    7. Illinois State Senate schedule — ‘not available’
    8. Law practice client list — Not released
    9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate – - Not released
    10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth — Not released
    11. Harvard Law Review articles published — None
    12. University of Chicago scholarly articles — None
    13.Your Record of baptism– Not released or ‘not available’

Imagine having this sinister person in the White House. He will be the most powerful man in the world, and his original birth certificate has not been released! And this list is only the beginning. His past in Indonesia, his 20-year attendance at the church where Reverend Wright preached hatred of whites and hatred of America, his cockiness, his accusations of racism directed at the Hillary Clinton campaign, etc… The next four years will be an ordeal for true Americans, and probably a major setback for the Western world. But the opposition did NOT fight in a committed way… They did not unite against open-borders policies, or the threat of Islam, or the stubborn and dangerous foreign policies of Bush and Rice, or Bush’s mania for spreading democracy to cultures totally incompatible with our form of government. They only fought (successfully) against Bush’s Supreme Court appointment of Harriet Myers forcing Bush – at gunpoint – to put two good men on the court. Had the Republican really fought back, against Bush, and against Obama, had they put in a candidate that could take on these issues, they would have easily won, I think.

Now, demographically it is becoming almost impossible for a conservative party to have hope for future victories. The huge influx of Hispanics (thanks to W), the activism of the Democrats who managed to register large numbers of young people, the female vote, the solidly united black vote, etc.. do not bode well for Republicans who are split into several factions: Libertarians (hardly conservative), Neo-conservatives (hardly conservative), the “religious Right” that is so often liberal on social issues.

I have to avoid thinking about the daunting possibility that for the next 8 years the French will have Nicolas Sarkozy (until 2017!) and America will have Barack Obama. I think that for once Sarkozy looks good, next to the new “American” president. Not to mention the fact that if I am alive in 2017, I will be quite old, and probably sick. Sometimes it’s better not to think…

At 10:15 it is almost sure that Obama has won.

It’s 11:00 and Obama has 220 electoral votes. So I think McCain will concede…

33. Phil says:

I’m covering the latest in the Electoral College impending lawsuit, such as this one, over at my web site:

Andy Martin: McCain Electors Should Block Vote If Obama’s Vault Birth Certificate is Not Produced

-Phil

34. let's move forward says:

On the API article:

I wonder how many people in the world are aware about Mr. O’s citizenship issues?

He needs to address this issue now or it will continue to haunt him and the country.

Contact your Electors.

35. Ian Thorpe says:

I love this one:

“According to the likes of Al Sharpton and Julian Bond, bigotry is at the root of higher rates of black teen pregnancy “

So white racists force these girls to drop their knickers, right?”

Are you kiddin', Jesse? Who the hell do you think you're fooling?

Get over yourself and your ludicrous, camera ready, crocodile tears! Auditioning for a Hollywood Bama movie, heh?

A few months ago, your 'pretender' candidate 'was talking down to blacks' and a 'nigg&r' … your REAL thoughts & words, Jesse!

It's NOT too late to bounce this seeming 'imposter' back to the streets of Chicago!

Get involved in eMail campaigns, from now until your state Electorate meets … accept nothing less than full disclosure!

Richard Lawrence

37. bluewater says:

Have no fear – January is a long way off. Obama will be found out. He will not be our president, but he won’t be the last communist cloaked in the democratic party, either. Bush and the republicans got fat and lazy. They deserved to get beat. Reagan and the Congressional “Contract with America” are the two best examples of how to destroy your opposition with conservative values – not just beat them – destroy them. Given their example, and the existence of a foolproof template, you have to classify current republican leadership as incredibly dense. If you don’t learn from history…

The video of the teacher is very disturbing. My 15 year old daughter told me her Chemistry teacher said he was voting for Obama too and didn’t know why because he really didn’t know him!!!! This scares me. You could tell the kids in the class for McCain were being intimidated. Barack made a joke out of this election and there was nothing fair and honest about it. I am not proud of this country today and I believe if he does get to be president many blacks will come to realize that as well.

Unfortunately, this goes on ALL the time in public schools and not just during election cycles.

The Superintendent of this school system is going to investigate and HOPEFULLY rip this bitch a new one!

“CCS Headline News – Superintendent’s Response to YouTubeI was shocked when I saw the clip of an interaction between a Cumberland County Schools teacher and her students as posted on YouTube. While neutral discussion of the political process is appropriate, at no time, particularly with elementary students, should a teacher infuse his/her political views into the discussion. Most disconcerting was the military slant that made its way into this discussion. We are a military community, serving over 15,000 military students and their families. We value the sacrifices, not only of the military parents but also those of their families.

We believe that military children are our children, military spouses are many of our employees, and military service men and women are our heroes. We proudly serve our military children and have received national awards for our support of military families.

I was particularly disturbed to see the uncomfortable position in which our children were placed due to the inappropriate actions of one of our teachers. Please be assured that the actions exhibited in this video are not consistent with the vision of the CCS. Moreover, the actions of one teacher do not represent the 7000 employees in our organization.

Once the video was brought to my attention, I immediately launched an investigation. Personnel laws prevent me from releasing information regarding individual employees and personnel action taken. I can assure you that upon completion of the investigation, I will take appropriate action.

Dr. William Harrison
    CCS’ Superintendent”

Cumberland County School system website:

41. Alex says:

Can we really be surprised at the over whelming turn out of pro-Obama youth when we allow our children to be indoctrinated from such an early age at school? This woman can’t even use proper English, but she has no qualms in making her personal political feelings known in a grade school class and berating those that didn’t agree with her position.

“your Daddy’s gonna be in the war another 100 years….”

With this kind of trash at primary school and the likes of Ayers and Ward at University level, is it any wonder why so many young people think that socialism is A-OK and that the American Dream is an out dated notion?

Chilling

This election would have been “historic” if a descendent of the black slaves was elected the US President. That would have been highly appropriate, a great achievement of our democracy and a crowning glory worth celebrating.

Barak Obama nor his ancestors on both sides never suffered as slaves. Hence the claim that he is the first non white US president is anti climactic.