My Two Favorite Videos from this Election Cycle

You know, after Tuesday, I think that conservatives need a laugh. I may have gotten out of the doldrums relatively early, but I know many of you haven’t, so I wanted to quickly re-post two of my favorite videos from this election cycle.

I know, I know … it’s hard to find humor in Obama’s victory. But these two videos should be enough to elicit a chuckle.

First, we have Vice President-elect Joseph Biden telling a disabled, wheelchair-bound state lawmaker to “stand up.” Joe Biden’s propensity to stick his entire leg in his mouth certainly did not disappoint this year, and with regard to this particular incident, while the recovery is admirable, the initial look on his face is absolutely priceless. I cannot watch this without laughing, and I’ve seen it a hundred times.

Second, we have surveillance video from the yard of a North Carolina electrical engineer who, sick and tired of having his McCain/Palin yard signs stolen and replaced with Obama/Biden signs, decided to hook the metal frame into his invisible dog fence. While it’s sad that the person caught in the act was only a nine-year-old boy, he invariably learned a lesson he wasn’t going to learn elsewhere.

It’s been a long election season, and while we may not have liked the result, America will survive (I think). So, let’s try our best to not become as bitter as our counterparts on the other end of the political spectrum. Live a little, laugh a little. It’s good for you.

Comments

1. Jonathan says:

Gotta love a little North Carolina ingenuity!

2. Penny says:

Thanks, Jeff…we needed to lighten the mood a bit. For the last two days I have been so down in the dumps over the results of this election, but its time to snap out of it and move forward.

If all else fails and Obama does get into office, well, I’ll be prepared. Its not how I expected in my life but sometimes when changes come you must take a detour. So, I’ll pull back my reigns, make just enough money so I don’t get snagged in the “share the wealth” game and I’ll make enough money so I’m not involved in receiving someone elses hard earned money. To me, that is just down right stealing.
    Regardless of how you all are feeling right now, keep your heads up and be proud. We are Americans and we do survive and we will survive this too.

3. toto says:

Thanks Jeff, the laugh was needed. I have finally come to one conclusion that helped me out as well.

I think this may be good for us, one way or the other. Look at it this way, if he does well, then the country is better off, I know thats hard to say and believe, but we must try.

On the other hand, if he doesn’t do well, and try his underhanded stuff as we believe he will, then the republicans will have a good mid term election in 2 years. If nothing else, the republican party has now been shaken awake, and I’m sure they will look at this as an opportunity to change their stance on things. They’ll get a little more to the right IMHO, at least I hope so, that the light at the end of the tunnel that I keep seeing, and I hope it doesn’t burn out before our next chance.

Ann Coulter wields words like a samurai swordsman-efficient and deadly! Who’s ever heard of a “moderate” Democrat? Democrats NEVER yield their perverted, extreme positions yet have free reign to label all conservative values as evil? We call them “values” because they’ve stood the test of time and prove true after the liberal social experiments fail! Moderate “Republicans” water down their values until they become Democrat acceptable then loose elections because Democrats don’t vote for Republicans when they can vote for real life Democrats!

In John 10:10 it says the theif comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I(Jesus) have come to give you life more abundantly.

Well the theif (obama) has come to steal our money with exhorbatant taxes, kill our babies in the womb, and destroy our nation through a marxist scocialist government. We’ll have to lean on the life giver.

Would you believe the offending father then tried to confront the property owner?!?!

Sorry, but these example of what course society is choosing is sickening.

R.E.M. is right.

7. Jesse Ray says:

Watching the video of the electrified McCain sign was the first thing that has made me laugh since the election.

8. let's move forward says:

On the teacher video in Swedish.

It is sickening for several reasons.

Shouldn’t the fairness doctrine apply here? What does this do for race relations? This smacks of black pride and power.

My mother thought that we were indoctrinated and we were expected to figure it out on our own. Not everyone can do that.

I was against the initial invasion of Iraq. However, the US could have never lived down needlessly breaking a country and abandoning it. How could anyone endorse such a dishonorable act? We just must learn from our error and be much more careful in the future.