The Cause Goes On

I’m done being down in the mouth. I’m done sulking. I’m done walking around downtown Philadelphia in a fog, like a grade school kid who just watched someone else kiss my girlfriend. I’m done with it.

After Ronald Reagan lost a heated primary battle in 1976 to Gerald Ford, he humbly told a group of California delegates that the cause indeed does go on. “It’s just one battle in a long war and it will go on as long as we all live,” Reagan said. He then quoted Sir Andrew Barton, who in his St. Barton’s Ode make have taken a thing or two from Leonidas:

I will lay me down and bleed a while.
Though I am wounded, I am not slain.
I shall rise and fight again.

The next day, Reagan spoke to his campaign staff. “Sure, there’s a disappointment in what happened, but the cause goes on,” he said. “Don’t get cynical. Look at yourselves and what you were willing to do, and recognize that there are millions and millions of Americans out there that want what you want, that want it to be as we do, who want it to be that Shining City on a Hill.”

We need to take a good, long, honest look at why we lost this election, why we lost so badly yesterday and in 2006. In doing so, the Republican Party needs to avoid the temptation to shift blame. Yes, the economy presented a high hurdle. Yes, the winner of this election raised an exponentially larger amount of money and had the unbelievably solid and effective campaign operation to prove it. Yes, this year follows eight years of an unpopular president, in a country fighting an unpopular war. All of these, for sure, were contributing factors in last night’s result, but if the party merely concentrates on these excuses, we are doomed to repeat the lessons we should have learned by now.

The GOP failed to do the “right” thing, in more ways than one, and that failure was not just confined to this election or the last two years. The party and our president have been swept up in a dangerous trend, a slippery slope identified by the total abandonment of conservative principles, and that track led right into the closing months of this election.

The right thing to do would have been to vote against the bailout, rail against the bailout, flood the airwaves with effective advertising about Obama’s radical left stance on infanticide, about his socialism-inspired hope to bankrupt the coal industry, about his Marxist perspective as it relates to Joe the Plumber and small and large businesses everywhere. About his laissez-faire approach to foreign policy and those who wake up each and every day dreaming of our destruction and demise.

Instead, the GOP went moderate. It facilitated a mentality that we must expand the pie, build a bigger tent, seduce those in the middle and even those on the left. This new approach doesn’t work. Moving to the center doesn’t work. In an election, we need that yin and yang that Ronald Reagan spoke about, that vast difference between candidates in every single respect. Opposing a socialist? Don’t vote for the bailout and for the socialization of losses despite the continued privatization of gains. Opposing a man who will tank the economy? Stop talking about cap-and-trade legislation, about reaching across the aisle – and when the democrats in Congress have ruined the housing and credit markets, don’t blame it on corporate greed.

Time and time and time again, America has shown that it is a center-right nation. Yes, moving to the right in terms of fiscal and social conservatism may alienate some in the center and on the center-left and, yes, the media might not like it very much — but those are the people we do not need. We don’t. We need to return to the message that captivates those of us who work hard, who fear God, who believe in the fundamental, unequivocal, unconditional greatness of the United States of America. We need to return to that message, and we need a candidate who can bring it to the people. There are more than 55 million people in America who see things as we do, who feel that America’s strength is in Her people, their values, their work ethic, and the freedoms they provide.

Like it or not, the result of this election provides us with a much-needed opening. As the next four years unfold, we will see a window, we will see a time when Americans are struggling, when retirement doesn’t come as easy, when people don’t have everything they want or cannot keep everything they’ve earned. It’s not going to be easy, and from that difficulty, we can prevail.

We must stay vigilant. As best we can, we MUST pull back the curtain on the new, democrat-controlled government. As best we can, we MUST fight to have our values and our perspectives heard and acted upon. Hold your representatives, democrats and republicans alike, accountable for everything that they do. Get involved, stay involved, and encourage others to do the same.

To me, the most worrisome part of this new, upcoming administration is not its policies, is not the unfettered stranglehold that the democrats now have on the government. The most worrisome part, to me, is that our president-elect could very well have forever changed the electorate during the course of this election. New people are involved. New strategies, borne from technology and the Internet, are available and must be used. We need to make sure that our ground game is not limited to the days and weeks before an election, but spread throughout.

Youth. Vigor. Technology. Sophistication. Strategy.

We must stay involved in our children’s lives, discuss with them what they are learning in Social Studies and History, what their friends are saying, what they’re learning from television. We must keep watch on both the government and the media, apprising our neighbors and co-workers of everything going on in Washington, D.C. and across the world, and explaining to them exactly what these things mean. We must spread the word when it comes to the merits of conservatism.

Freedom depends upon an informed electorate, and it is your duty and mine to ensure that the electorate becomes informed. I will not tire, I will not stop, I will not quit. I will work tirelessly for the renewed prosperity of conservatism in America, I will get my hands dirty and place my name, my success, my reputation on the line, and I expect each and every one of you to do the same.

Comments

1. Debra919 says:

We (THE PEOPLE) can do some things very simply; however, doing it en masse will get people’s attention:

1. Do not watch any television that is blatantly liberal, progressive, “in the tank for” etc.

2. Do not buy GE products under any circumstance.

3. Do not buy products that are advertised on channels that are liberal, progressive, “in the tank for” etc.

4. Write letters (NOT E-MAILS) to these companies and tell them why they lost your viewership/business.

Get ‘em in their pocketbooks. As one individual, I’m doing it on a matter of principle; many and thousands of us doing this will get their attention.

I have now labeled myself a “PATRIOT” and I want to be in the revolution to take our country back.

Debra
    valancy1@yahoo.com

2. Hero says:

Now that “The One” has been chosen, ask the Messiah to transform plomo in plata…

Obama campaign workers angry over unpaid wages

“Indianapolis – Lines were long and tempers flared Wednesday not to vote but to get paid for canvassing for Barack Obama. Several hundred people are still waiting to get their pay for last-minute campaigning. Police were called to the Obama campaign office on North Meridian Street downtown to control the crowd.

The line was long and the crowd was angry at times.

“I want my money today! It’s my money. I want it right now!” yelled one former campaign worker.

A former spokesman for the Obama campaign said 375 people were hired as part of the Vote Corps program and said people signed up to work three-hour shifts at a time. Three hours of canvassing got workers a $30 pre-paid Visa card.

The workers showed up to get their cards Wednesday morning at 10:00 am.

“There was a note on the door saying 1:00 pm and then at 1:20 pm everybody was like why is nobody here. They just got here and they’re trying to get it organized,” said Heather Richards, a former campaign worker.

The large gathering of around 375 people prompted police to call in extra officers and set up temporary barricades. The barricades helped keep the crowd from spilling out onto Meridian Street. Police say the several hundred people in line were for the most part orderly.

“No arrests. Some of the people were upset at first because the line wasn’t moving as fast as they thought it should. But we really haven’t had any problems,” said Major Darryl Pierce, Metro Police.

Eventually people did start getting paid, but some said they were missing hours and told to fill in paperwork making their claim and that eventually they would get a check in the mail.

“Still that’s not right. I’m disappointed. I’m glad for the president, but I’m disappointed in this system,” said Diane Jefferson, temporary campaign worker.

“It should have been $480. It’s $230,” said Imani Sankofa.

“They gave us $10 an hour. So we added it. I added up all the hours so it was supposed to be at least $120. All I get is $90,” said Charles Martin.

“I worked nine hours a day for 4 days and got paid half of what I should have earned,” said Randall Waldon.

Some people weren’t satisfied with filling out a claim form for money they felt was still due to them.

“They say that they gonna call you or they going to mail it to you, but I don’t know. We’ll see what happens,” said Antron Grose.

“Talking about they’ll mail it to us. I ain’t worried about that, man. They’re not going to mail nothin’,” said Martin.”

3. Donna says:

I have heard many people talk about God speaking/whispering/sharing/waking up/”tormenting” them on Monday night and Tuesday morning. (including me!) Praise God that He did not leave us in silence. He is a Mighty God.

My peace did not come until yesterday. Forgive me – but for awhile I was very angry and confused at God. But, God with His everlasting grace and (quite remarkable) love for me and my questions – answered them one by one and replaced anger and fear with peace and love (even for a President that I cannot see one common view with other than his espoused love of America (which I do not trust that he means that)).

I stand all of you as a sister in Christ. I start planning today on how “I” with God’s help can begin to fix the cracks that widened on Tuesday night. Here are some of my beginning thoughts and prayer items – would love to see your ideas…

1. Where are conservative Christian values? Why are they not heard or represented consistently and understandably? What does the Republican party stand for anymore? Is it time for third party strengthening?
    2. How can we create a message of “LIFE” that will prick the hearts of the hardened?
    3. How do we combat the propaganda and hatred of the media? Where do truth seeking people look? What can we as consumers do to make our disappointment with the media known?
    4. How do voters know the “true” stand and character of the representatives in WA and the States? Who has just said the right things; but, took the fast wagon to popularity during this campaign?
    5. What can I do, as a teacher of God’s Word, to answer questions to believers who are now turning their backs from God? To explain God to seeking unbelievers? And, to unapologetically battle enemies of God on this earth?

Just some beginning thoughts…
    Donna

4. Tom says:

Man, if you just look at how many comments are here, I had to scroll through dozens to get to the point where I could add mine, you KNOW that this movement isn’t dead.

Thanks for quoting the Honorable One, we would do well to follow his example, always. I agree that not only do we need to focus on the cause during election cycles, but EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES. I agree that we do need to move away from the “tent” mindset and get back to core values. I do agree that we need to spread the message, stand up for our values, and stand with those who embrace it and move on from those who do not. Not in a skulking, vengeful or arrogant way, but in a confident and forthright manner that shows that we don’t need to stoop to personal or political attacks on those who disagree, but focus ON OUR VALUES, because they are our GUIDE, they are our CHAMPION and they will triumph, if we are only willing to stand for them and upon them.

Keep hope alive! And to borrow a phrase YES WE CAN!!

5. Phil says:

There is a current call to action regarding the electors:

Berg v. Obama: Elector Suit Call to Action

-Phil

6. hokiedokie24 says:

Jeff, I agree with one of the other posters regarding Mitt Romney. He is not a conservative and I would not have voted for him. Also, I am very close to the McCain campaign and it was Romney’s people that did all the bashing of Gov. Palin. They were jealous that McCain did not pick Romney for VP.

The media’s constant criticism of the war opened up the door to change. Through relentless criticism, the media conditioned the masses to elect their candidate.

Now Obama is beholden to the media, and the media that hates war is obsessed with sex and power. Obama’s supporters could care less about the moral law and they are going to eat him alive. This presidency has all the marks of disaster.

I hope there is a contingency plan.

Jeff, keep fighting the good fight. There are many of us out here, but few voices to speak for us. Let us never let our guards down again! We may have lost the battle this time but not the war.

9. TNelson says:

Even though in our state we still have this gigantic D.H. Al Franken hanging on. (I can’t believe he was even close, what the hell are people thinking!)I’m still upbeat and determined to fight on. This is a battle we still have to win over here!

Jeff, a wonderful article and I cannot agree with you more. I for one will become more active in my local area for 2010….sign me up for anything you intend to start from your site. Thank you again for all you do.

ahhh the populist Reagan that the pundits and elitists hated but “we the people” love! Wonder which candidate filled those shoes? Certainly wasn’t the one the pundits and elitists are still trying to push down our throats and rumors have that his supporters helped throw the election to pave his way for 2012! Hope they learn their lesson that the grassroots people won’t buy their blarney.

John Adams said, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Thomas Jefferson said, “Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.”

If we don’t get back to the moral values issues as well as reaching out to those of another race and across party lines; America will continue to go downhill and Republicans will continue to lose elections.

12. chris says:

If I had an email for you, I would’ve emailed this to you. I don’t expect you to post it on your comments, as it is long. Just wanted to share.

Change of a Global Nature is Surely Coming

Let me set the record straight for any of you wondering. I do not believe in global, conglomerate governments. I do not think the US should concede any of her liberties, freedoms, or rights to a global courts system, government, or organization. I do not care what other countries think about my country. I think the EU was a horrible choice for Europe and applaud Switzerland’s continued isolationist stand.***see footnote*** I have lived there. They are self contained, peaceful, and take care of their own (yes, they are socialized, that is for another essay). While living there in 1991 Swiss citizens celebrated their country’s 700th anniversary. It was a huge celebration and rightfully so. They have survived two world wars by remaining neutral. They had, until recently, an unsurpassed banking system that guaranteed your privacy, and they live the boy scout motto:
    Be Prepared. (ie their military and fortifications)

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think the US could be neutral, or completely isolationist like Switzerland, who has made some concessionary agreements with the EU which I think have come about mostly out of necessity. However, the minute we give up our rights to a global court or organization like the UN, we are in for a giant, stinking heap load of Ship High In Transit. Before looking at Obama’s plans for change on the global level let’s review some of the current policy and suggestions.

From the Citizens for Global Solutions website:
    Our Vision:

Citizens for Global Solutions envisions a future in which nations work together to abolish war, protect our rights and freedoms, and solve the problems facing humanity that no nation can solve alone. This vision requires effective democratic global institutions that will apply the rule of law while respecting the diversity and autonomy of national and local communities.

Our Mission:

We are a membership organization working to build political will in the United States to achieve our vision. We do this by educating Americans about our global interdependence, communicating global concerns to public officials, and developing proposals to create, reform, and strengthen international institutions such as the United Nations.

Sounds good right? Ideologically, who could argue with this position? The problem is completely wrapped up in what Thomas Jefferson stated so many years ago: “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. ” The fear that the ICC would have an anti-American prosecutor who would miss no opportunity to prosecute and find guilty any American citizen while traveling abroad of committing crimes of various nature, is not misguided.

“The International Criminal Court represents even greater threats to American sovereignty and Constitutionally-guaranteed liberties. Unlike the American system of justice, the ICC would not perform trials by juries of peers; would not guarantee bail; and would not grant prisoners the right to face their accusers. The United States judicial system would not be permitted to intervene on behalf of American citizens.

More frightening is the manner in which the UN will choose the eighteen judges who will each serve for nine year terms. They will be elected by a two-thirds vote of the nations which ratify the court. This was the same process used to oust the United States last Spring from its long-held seat on the United Nations Human Rights Commission. The United States would hold one vote against the likes of Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya and Syria, the very nations which now protect and even foster terrorists. Will the court elect a judge from Red China, where American rights aren’t just foreign, but represent the enemy? It doesn’t take a genius to see the direction the UN’s court will take when American soldiers stand on trial.

There is one more important point that must not be overlooked concerning the overwhelming power that the ICC will hold. The Court can prosecute anyone who violates UN treaties, including environmental agreements like the Biodiversity Treaty and those covering World Heritage Sites. This one provision makes the ICC a direct threat to ALL American citizens. Case in point was the Crown Butte Gold Mine that was shut down by UN intervention in 1997. Crown Butte was located on private property, miles from Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone was designated by the UN to be a World Heritage Site. The UN determined that the mine was a direct threat to Yellowstone and declared it the first ever “endangered” World Heritage Site. Had there been an International Criminal Court in place, there is little doubt that the Crown Butte owners would have been put on trial for violating a UN treaty.” (http://www.americanpolicy.org/un/uncriminalcourt.htm)

History has shown the UN to be corruptible. Look at the oil for food program that helped Sadaam Hussein continue his regime. Many leaders of the UN have proven themselves to be corrupt and dishonest individuals. “The members of the U.N. staff administering the program [Food for Oil] have been accused of gross incompetence, mismanagement, and possible complicity with the Iraqi regime in perpetrating the biggest scandal in U.N. history.” (http://www.heritage.org/research/Internationalorganizations/bg1748.cfm)

A new task force to ferret out corruption in the UN was supposed to deliver it’s report last week to the General Assembly. In it “the report said that 22 vendors had been sanctioned by the United Nations during its years in operation and that it had identified more than 20 fraud and corruption schemes involved in about $630 million in contracts.” (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/22/america/nations.php)

What does this have to do with our President Elect, Barack Obama you ask? Here ladies and gentlemen, is part of Barack Obama’s vision for the US’s roll in the UN and a one world global government. Bill S.2433. “Obama’s bill S2433 would require the U.S. to initially direct .7 percent of our GNP into the United Nations coffers for distribution as they see fit, for ‘food’ to third world nations. Under earlier agreements this would evolve into a national tax on the U.S. with the UN attempting to levy this on all first world nations.

The U.N. would have the power to increase this rate of taxation.

The U.S. would be required to surrender some of its sovereignty over foreign aid by putting it under UN control. The bill would force the U.S. to sign onto the U.N.’s Millennium Declaration, which would commit us not only to ‘banning small arms and light weapons’ but also to adhere to the International Criminal Court Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.”

Furthermore, “In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that (U.N.) declaration commits nations to banning ‘small arms and light weapons’ and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention of Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women and the Convention of the Rights of the Child.

Those U.N. protocols would make U.S. law on issues ranging from the 2nd Amendment to energy usage and parental rights all subservient to United Nations whims.” (http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/united_nations/news.php?q=1210170368)

If you haven’t heard about the UN’s Convention on the Rights of a Child, you really should look into it. “It’s purpose was to craft a new system to resolve relationship and children’s disputes.

The impact of the CONVENTION is particularly ominous in light of the fact that the United States Constitution declares treaties to be the law of the land. Under the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause of Article VI, all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution of laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

The CONVENTION would give children the “right” to disregard parental authority. Although several of the treaty’s provisions offer generally positive, non-offensive platitudes, a substantial portion of this charter undermines parental rights. The U.N. CONVENTION would: (1) transfer parental rights and responsibilities to the state. (SB 1051-B passed by the 1993 Oregon legislature), (2) undermine the family by vesting children with various fundamental rights which advance notions of the child’s autonomy and freedom from parental guidance; and (3) establish bureaucracies and institutions of a national and international nature designed to promote “the ideas proclaimed in the Charter of the United Nations and to investigate and prosecute parents who violate their children’s rights. The state will determine the child’s “best interest” (SB 1051-B from the 1993 Oregon legislature and SB 689 from the 1997 Oregon legislature).

All children must be immediately registered after birth. Severe limitations will be placed on the parent’s right to direct and train their children. Section 1 of Article 13 declares a child’s right to “seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of the child’s choice.” Article 14 says children have a legal right to object to all religious training. Alternatively, children may assert their right against parental objections to participation’s in other religions.

Parents could be prevented from forbidding their child to associate with people deemed to be objectionable companions, i.e. gangs, cults, racist organizations, etc.

Article 18 says the state must assist parents in the raising of children (SB 1051 and SB 689). It calls on the State to co-parent by rendering “appropriate assistance to parents and legal guardians in the performance of their child-rearing responsibilities and shall ensure the development of institutions, facilities and services for the care of children”, i.e. Parent training, Family Resource Centers, etc. Corporal punishment is prohibited. Article 43 says international experts will parent our children (SB 689).” (http://www.comeandtakeit.com/unchild.html#RITEOKID)

So far, we have avoided ratifying this convention due to legal arguments over sovereignty and federalism. You can thank President George W. Bush for protecting your right’s as a parent. His administration has opposed this measure. What will Obama do? During the Walden University Presidential Debate, both candidates were asked specifically about this convention. Obama’s broad answer was, “It is important that the US return to its position as a respectable leader and promoter of Human Rights. As President I will review this and other treaties and assure the US assumes it’s global leadership of human rights.” However, it is clear in his bill S.2433 he wants the US to completely ratify this convention as it currently is written.

Michael Ferris, a writter for Christian News Wire believes, “Obama’s wants to turn every family and every state legislature over to the supervision of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child. They will condescendingly tell us why our traditional desires for our children are not acceptable in this day and age. They will explain us to ourselves and to others while usurping control of our family and utterly destroying the principle of American self-government.”

To further this point take into account what Austin Ruse, president of the New York and Washington DC-based Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (C-FAM) has said.

“There is growing pressure both internationally and domestically for the United States to get with the new international program. The charge that America is isolationist rests largely on our refusal to ratify these treaties. Ignoring them is now seen as a remnant of the discredited Bush days.

Obama has endorsed CEDAW as has his vice presidential running mate Joe Biden. Both are in favor of the ICC, too. It is likely that, with a larger and more left-leaning Senate, a whole slew of left-leaning treaties will be ratified.

Besides existing treaties there is also the threat that an Obama administration will rejuvenate what has been a fairly sleepy United Nations. In the Clinton years, there were repeated global conferences on social policy. That died out in the Bush years. There is a lot of pent-up energy that will explode if Obama takes the oath of office.

But there are even larger issues than these particular treaties or new UN conferences. There is larger mischief afoot. It is called global governance.

The traditional understanding of international relations and international law is that they regulate behavior among and between sovereign states. By contrast, global governance holds that international relations and international law should have more to do with regulating the behavior of individual citizens within each state and that these decisions should not be left to sovereign states, but to international bodies like the United Nations and its various commissions and committees.”

I fear that change is surely coming. Not just an increase in our taxes and our big brother government that will take care of you by spreading the wealth, but change that will strip us all of the rights our fore fathers fought so long and hard to ensure that we had. Our very constitution, which Obama has already stated is fundamentally flawed, will be under attack. I call for an uprising of voices, ideas, and grass root movements that will uphold the founding principals of our great country. We need to stand united against the tyranny that may well be coming our way. Will you join me? Where do we start? Share your ideas and let’s get rolling before it is too late.

I contacted he Republican Party in my state of Alabama. We carried John McCain so our electoral votes will go toward him. The office assured me that republicans as well as democrats are working to obtain Obama’s birth certificate. It is my understanding that electoral college candidates are constitutional bound to uphold the law and with all the questions concerning his citizenship, this has to be investigated. I urge you to contact the party in which your state won the electoral votes and voice your concerns. Republicans as well as democrats supported McCain and are outraged about this election because of the suppression of information on Obama from the media, admitted voter fraud and whether or not he is even a citizen. I doubt this will happen, but the electoral college does not have to place Obama in as president and on the citizen wells site, it states that 24 electoral candidates are going to investigate this issue.

14. thelink says:

Great write-up! I’m still a little down, but am trying to look up and know that we can fight this. Obama won using the GOP strategy of lower taxes and saying he was like Ronald Reagan which is quite disconcerting. The good thing is that Conservatism is alive and well, Obama just tried to steal it temporarily. Obama is a deceiver and it worked in this American Idol culture we live in.

The lawsuit MUST continue until the truth is know, one way or another! If he is a citizen, then let life continue and we move on … Jeff your article is right on the mark! Can I borrow your clock that seems to have more hours in the day than everyone elses! :-)
    If the lawsuit gets pushed to the backburner and in 5, 10, 15 years from now it is discovered he truely was not eligable to take the position of POTUS, consider ALL of the ramifications outlines in Edmin Vieira Jr.’s fantastic and ominous article: “Obama Must Stand Up Now or Step Down”.

The courts would be tied up for decades with challenges of every bill signed into law by Obama.

16. john mirse says:

Obama’s Hawaii birth hospital: What is its name? On the web, it seems
    Obama was born in TWO different hospitals!

1. Electoral College and Congress: If the Electoral College and Congress challenges Obama’s eligibility and orders Obama to produce his Hawaii birth certificate and Hawaii hospital record, I have a GUT FEELING that Obama won’t be able to produce his Hawaii hospital record, because they may not exist.

2. Obama’s baby pictures: Is it just me, or are such pictures missing from the web and elsewhere?

3. NOTE: When a baby is born in a hospital, most families immediately take pictures of the new baby. They especially take pictures of the baby with his mother.

4. If pictures are not taken in the hospital, then families will take pictures of the new baby when he gets home.

5. But as I see it, there are no pictures of new-born Obama anywhere. Why is that? Curious.

6. Not born in a Hawaii hospital: Could the reason that there are no baby pictures of Obama in a Hawaii hospital or at home in Hawaii is that Obama was NOT born in a hospital in Hawaii?

7. Obama’s grandfather: I have difficulty believing that Obama’s grandfather—who was living in Hawaii at the time and helped raise Obama—would not rush to take the opportunity to take pictures of his new grandson, if Obama was indeed born in a Hawaii hospital.

8. Again, I find it very strange that we don’t see pictures of the new-born Obama either taken at Obama’s Hawaii birth hospital or at Obama’s Hawaii home soon after he left the hospital.

17. BigBrone says:

Wow. These comments just make me smile.

I love my new president.

Tah tah wingnuts! It’s our country now.

p.s. Stop holding on to the past. Reagan was 28 years ago.

I am thankful for this site

Bigbrone – Unless I missed something, I’m still an American and this country is as much mine as it is yours, whether we agree or not. I would like to have the REAL Birth Certificate revealed for all the world to see. You should be asking the same, just to make sure this is all real. Whether you believe the accusations or not, you need to ask yourself why Obama and the DNC were fighting the Berg lawsuit tooth and nail. If Obama has the Birth Certificate to produce, then just put it out there for ALL to see. There is a “Certificate of Live Birth” on his web-site, but this is not proof he was actually born in the U.S. With the recent press release from Honolulu on Nov 1, 2008, there is serious doubt if the one authenticated by the Factcheck is actually real or not. This doubt does not concern you? The U.S. Constitution is a masterpiece with amazing forethought and has served all Americans well for a VERY long-time. I would have to say the vast majority of people reading this site just want the truth. If you feel a noncitizen should have the ability to run this country and NOT be questioned, then you obviously do not share some of the ideas of the framers of the Constitution.

I am so thankful to have found this site. The information and conservative comments have been very uplifting for me. Good job Jeff and others!!!

21. TypewriterStreaming says:

Frankly, I am sick of hearing people like Maya Angelou dish this Country with their back handed “pride”. Not withstanding their stuggle their ingratitude makes me sick. Additionally, give me a break. I worked on Hillary’s campaign and can tell you way too many Obama camps called Black Hillary supporters “Uncle Tom” for daring to work for anyone but the One. These people are an absurdity. They believe their own horse manure. Maya can join Oprah in their “finally” moments. I have no intention of supporting any of these ingrates again.

To anonymous in
    Alabama:
    Here is how to make sure you are heard. The following is from Doug Schell:
    THIS IS DOUG SCHELL:

THIS IS ADDDRESSED ONLY TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT BERG’S ACTION AND PERSONS WHO WALK THE WALK AND NOT JUST TALK THE TALK. ALL OTHERS PLEASE IGNORE MY POST. I WANT ONLY HARD WORKERS WHO SEE THIS AS A

* * * CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS * * *

The President is NOT OFFICIALLY elected according to the Constitution UNTIL the Electoral College meets to cast their votes, which is Dec 15, 2008.
    PLEASE STUDY THE LINK PROVIDED SO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ELECTROAL COLLEGE IS AND DOES. MANY POSTS ON BOTH SIDES HAVE BEEN SAID IN IGNORANCE. THIS MUST STOP!!!
    =====================================

We have time but not much time to still force Obama to present the original vault copy and have a team of forensic scientists Forensics make scientific tests that are accepted by courts, to insure that the BC was produced on or around 1961 when Obama was born. This would prove to all that Obama was or wasn’t a native born American. IMO, all debate, but not all legal action (lawyers want the big bucks involved), should stop by all fair-minded people whether pro or con Obama/span>
    Here is the plan: (my e-mail address is poppop_schell@hotmail.com,
    phone number (336-983-7655) Please print out these instructions now.

1. We need at least one Berg supporter from each state (much more hopefully from states with a large number of electoral votes) to volunteer some time and money for postage, printing, etc:(( nothing sent to me) to contact their states Secretary of State (SOS) via fax (keep proof of receipt) or certified Mail, return notice ONLY, asking for the names and contact information of the electors who will vote on December 15th.

IF Obama won in your state, then you ask for the DP Electors. IF McCain won in your state, then ask for the GOP electors. This must be done NLT than Friday, NOV 7th. BE SURE TO KEEP THE RETURN RECEIPTS IN A VERY SAFE PLACE. They may have to be used as evidence in a court action.

2. Contact me Dr. Doug Schell at poppop_schell@hotmail.com with the information that you have contacted your SOS. and I will place it in a spreadsheet to track our progress.

3. Compose a letter TO EACH and EVERY voting Elector asking him/her to seek a court subpoena in his/her local federal court to have the original, vault copy residing in the State of Hawaii made available for study by an independent team of mutually agreed upon, licensed forensic scientists who will independently conduct accepted forensic tests to determine if the BC was actually produced on or around 1961 when Obama was born. This test should not take more than 72 hours and then a report produced by these forensic scientists giving their INFORMED opinion of the validity of the BC. I will have a “form letter” available to use IF you so desire. The report must be done by Dec 1, 2008

4. As soon as you have written all the letters, again ONLY BY CERTIFIED MAIL, WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY, please send me a copy of each letter by regular mail. Keep the return certificate very safe. IT may be needed as evidence in a court case. Don’t throw it away for any reason!!! I will record your actions on my spreadsheet.

5. As each answer from your Elector (DON”T WAIT UNTIL ALL ELECTORS RESPOND) is received, please indicate to me that same day via e-mail that this has occurred and I will record it in the spreadsheet. Keep doing this for every letter you receive back.

6. IF an Elector indicates a willingness to bring an action for Subpoena, call me right away at 336-983-7655. I will then pass this on to Phil Berg. I will let every volunteer know we have an Elector. Don’t stop your work until all Electors have indicated yes or no. This should motivate you more to get Electors from your state. The more Electors willing to file from a number of different states, the more news coverage will occur.

IF any of you have legal friends who are willing to help us in this cause, please have them call me ASAP.

THIS CAN WORK AND WILL BE OUR LAST CHANCE TO STOP OBAMA. PLEASE BECOME A PART OF HISTORY AND IN DEFENSE OF OUR BELOVED CONSTITUTION.

GOD GRANT US HIS HELP IN THE BATTLE FOR OUR CONSTITUTION.
    I SEEK THE PRAYERS FOR THIS ACTION TO SUCCEED IF YOU ARE A PERSON OF FAITH.

Dr. Douglas W. Schell
    Posted by BabsTX

November 6, 2008 1:43 PM

23. john mirse says:

I find this strange:

1. Employees and former employees of Obama’s Hawaii birth hospital have not come out publicly cheering and bragging that they were working at Obama’s birth hospital when he was born.

2. Obama was born on Aug. 4, 1961. Doctors and nurses working at Obama’s birth hospital on that day: Is it remotely possible that they could ALL be dead now, some 45+ years later, and that is
    why we hear nothing from Hawaii’s birth hospital? I don’t think so.
    Or maybe the hospital was told not to show any emotion because Obama does not want anyone to know the name of the hospital where he was born. Strange.

3. So, does anyone have any idea why Obama’s Hawaii birth hospital is NOT throwing a wild, public celebration to show the world that it was the birthplace of the next President of the United States?

4. I would think that Obama’s Hawaii birth hospital would want to increase its world-wide public visibility by placing a large, permanent sign outside with a statement something like this:

“This is the birthplace of President Barack Obama”.

5. But I have not heard of any such sign going up at any of Hawaii’s hospitals as of this date, Friday, Nov. 7, 2008, three days after the election on Nov. 4, 2008.

4. Strange. Very Strange, in my opinion.

24. john mirse says:

And who was the doctor who delivered Obama in a Hawaii hospital on Aug. 4, 1961?

1. Maybe the doctor is dead.

2. But maybe he is not.

3. My point is this: I don’t see any relatives or friends of Obama’s birth doctor coming out of hiding and publicly announcing that
    their friend or relative was the doctor who delivered Obama in that Hawaii hospital on Aug.9,1961.

4. Maybe the reason why there is so much silence surrounding the name of the doctor who deliveed Obama in tha Hawaii hospital on Aug.9, 1961: Obama was not born in
    a Hawaii hospital as he claims.

5. There was never any Obama Hawaii birth hospital.

6. There was never any doctor in any Hawaii birth hospital.

7. Obama is thus a liar and a fraud.

25. Mainecatwoman says:

LOL, keep it up! Talk like this will keep you in the wilderness for years!

You know, the idea that America is “center-right” is really garbage, frankly. More Americans may THINK of themselves as centrist or center-right, but the fact remains that on the major issues of the day, poll after poll show the majority of Americans agreeing with liberal stances on nearly every single one except the death penalty.

So, that idea is simply a self-serving lie. Americans, by and large, are center LEFT.

I see “comment moderation” has been enabled. Since this doesn’t agree with your wingnuttery-and in fact proves it a lie-I’ll bet there’s no way possible this shows up in your “blog”!

HAHA!!!

from the party of Lincoln to the party of Joe the Plumber, a downward slide.

from the intelligence of Wm. Buckly to the rants of Limbaugh again, a downward slide.

Trackbacks

1. [...] but certainly not wholly unexpected electoral win over John McCain, I got to thinking about what we needed to see out of Americans from that day forward. Despite the loss the night before, I felt we needed to remember that time [...]