Berg Cautiously Optimistic on Eve of Election

On a day which saw another eligibility-related lawsuit, this one in Connecticut, bite the dust, Philadelphia attorney Philip Berg remains cautiously optimistic after taking his own dismissed case to the highest court in all the land.

“At this point, we’re waiting and hoping and praying that Justice Souter rules in our favor and delays tomorrow’s election,” said Berg, mentioning as well that he filed a supplemental argument with the Court today. “They have the power. The United States Supreme Court has the power. They stopped the count in Florida in 2000, I was there in the panhandle when they stopped the count.”

As has been written in these pages before, the odds are extremely long that Berg’s case is given an audience with the Supreme Court, as only 70 to 120 of the 8,000 or so petitions are granted, and the odds are infinitely longer that Berg’s emergency motion is granted.

“The odds are slim,” Berg said. “If the election goes on tomorrow as planned, we start going after the Electoral College on Wednesday. December 15 becomes our deadline. There’s still time. The Electoral College requires that a candidate be eligible, so we’re not stopping, that’s for sure.”

Unless, of course, Obama does not prevail tomorrow, in which case Berg says that he will continue his efforts “to bring out the truth about the fraud perpetrated against this nation.”

UPDATE — 4:45pm:
Barack Obama’s Grandmother Dies

Reuters is reporting that Madelyn Dunham lost her battle with cancer today, on the eve of the day when her grandson could very well be elected 44th president of the United States. While I certainly hope that he does not win tomorrow’s election, and while I generally have a laissez-faire approach to moderating comments here, I will not tolerate inappropriate comments about Ms. Dunham.

Barack Obama may be many things, but aside from his ideology, with regard to this news he is simply a man who just lost the woman who was responsible for finally putting consistency in what had been an undoubtedly nomadic and inconsistent childhood.

I know the timing of his visit to Hawaii seemed strange. I know there are unanswered questions about his past. One thing, however, we know for certain — Madelyn Dunham passed away today. Let’s be respectful, okay?

Comments

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸ We love¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨ McCain`°º¤ø„¸
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

africanpress on November 4, 2008

Notice to cancel the deal to air the Michelle Obama tape was send yesterday the 3rd of November to Fox News Network’s Senior Counsel Cassidy. API expected a reaction from Fox N.N but got none and that opens the way for API to look for other means to have the tape aired.

Now that API has got no reaction from Fox News network, it is to be assumed that they are not ready to act tonight. API Counsel is now in the final stages in his arrangements to try and have Michelle Obama tape aired one way or another as soon as it is practically possible in collaboration with willing partners that he is now negotiating with as we go to press.

For us in API, we now have to leave things to the lead counsel who, together with his colleagues, will take all necessary steps so that the tape is released within the legal framework and in accordance with the laws of the United States.

After we issued the last bulletin informing the readers that API was cancelling the deal, some readers who would like to see the tape released immediately have been very critical on us. It is very important that when one is releasing sensitive information there is absolute need to be very careful because of the repercussions that may follow.

We should not forget that politics is a very deadly game and can hit back very hard on those who have information that may lead to disqualification of ambitious and non-ambitious candidates.

API, even through the pressure mounted has been high, had to thread very carefully. The tape contains highly sensitive information and what API and the legal advisers have been doing the whole day is to ensure API does not get hurt in the end or faced with many lawsuits to be initiated by those affected with the contents of the tape.

The fact that the legal team wants API to thread very carefully is because API risks being sued if when releasing the information is not careful enough in blocking any loopholes that enable those mentioned in the tape to take legal action.

This however, does not mean the tape will not be released. The people who do not want to believe,

- that API is speaking the the truth,

- that API has had agreement with Fox since the 28th of last month,

- that API is not lying to the readers, fooling any one, or trying to scam any persons, are at liberty to leave the site instead of complaining all the time and accusing API of malice.

Nobody is holding the legs of those complaining forcing them to come to the site here. Readers have a right to choose where to get information and if some readers do not believe in us and are only interested to call us Fraudsters, scammers and other dirty names, such people know only too well that they can decide not to visit our site at all. We will not miss them, if they do not visit this site at all, because they must not assume that their presence here is giving us any financial gains. Instead, we have to endure disrespect and abuse all the time, even after allowing non-moderation commenting system.

Some have become professional abusers on the site and some are professional doubters. When people call for the release of the tape, we understand them, but they should understand us as well when we tell them that we have to do so in a manner that does not kill API. To accuse us is that we may have written a letter to a non-existing Fox News Counsel is unbelievable.

We have communication between API and Fox News Network headquarters. If there was no truth in all this, we would have called it quit. The readers may become witnes to all the correspondence from the 15th October to the 1st of November between API and Fox News Network if the need arises.

To continue abusing me and calling me all kinds of names on earth does not make me stop what I am focused on. Those writing bad about me must now get it in their heads that calling me all sorts of names will not change the person I am and will not take my friends who know me away from me, because what is written by some readers about me is simply an attempt to discredit this site, a thing that they will not succeed.

I am not able to update the readers every hour now that the lawyers are working on the Case, but I will not relent until the tape is made public. In the finality of all this, API may end up asking for support from you, but for now the legal team have the control of things and they may not need any help from any one in putting their act together in seeing through what is to be done as immediate as possible.

My silence does not mean ignoring those who support API at this moment. It is just that the legal team have decided that they do the job because they are of the opinion that all I do is releasing a lot of inside information that may be used against API.

I would like to inform those who are against me and API, that when all this is over, despite their abuses, name calling and all the negative they have directed towards me, I will still remain here in API executing my duties deligently because I am a strong-will person who does not get shaken easily because I draw my strength from God who loves you and me.

3. Nick says:

An interesting article on how McCain fares tomorrow may affect the entire future of conservatism and the GOP:

Condolences go out to family members & friends of Mrs. Madelyn Dunham. May she rest in peace.

Obama's grandmother died of cancer? Last week the msm & Obama's handlers reported Toots illness as a broken hip.

I should not be surprised – yet I am – the msm fabricated yet another story for thier messiah.

McCain/Palin '08

xD
    API is such a joke.
    If Fox had those tapes and they were authenticated, they would have aired them.

If these tapes were authentic, anyone (not the MSM obviously) would have been thrilled to play them.

Rush Limbaugh might even have put down a cigar to play them.

The fact is, if these tapes existed, API could have posted them on the net, like the recent breaking coal comments of Barry’s.

Once on the net, it would go viral.

API has been good for a laugh anyway.

6. Dale Kemp says:

How does one approach the Electors to make the case that Obama is not eligible? Is there a process for this? Is there a precedent? I’ve never heard of this being done before.

-Dale-

Yes votes count will be suspended & Obama wil be impeached.
    The only problem is that at the end of the day the president will be Hillary.
    Google any of the actors and:
    MattMarriott

I am so very sad for our country that I am on the verge of tears. I just read that my fellow Catholics voted in majority for Obama, despite the fact that Obama supports not only abortion, but the withholding of medical care to those poor victims of “attempted abortion” who manage to survive the carnage. Jeff, please keep up the great work on the citizenship issue. I, as a lawyer, am outraged that Obama has been able to withhold showing the vault copy of his birth certificate and that the MSM hasn’t followed up on the Isotero adoption. Do you know if anyone is poised to interview Sarah Obama tomorrow, since that’s when she will supposedly be able to grant interviews again (although of course now she’s been prepped completely). Sorry for the rambling…I am just distraught and praying that at least one of the “called” states will turn out to be wrong.