Bias Gives Way to Activism

The refusal of the Los Angeles Times to release a 2003 videotape showing Barack Obama lavishing praise on a former PLO operative and supporter of Palestinian terrorism against Israel is showing not just traditional media bias, but has crossed the line into activism.

Rashid Khalidi was first discussed here at America’s Right on May 31, 2008. There, and many times since, Khalidi has been identified as a long-time, close friend of Barack Obama’s. The two met when Khalidi was teaching Middle East Studies at the University of Chicago; the videotape being intentionally suppressed by the Los Angeles Times is from a dinner party, a going-away event, when Khalidi made his way from the University of Chicago to Columbia University, where he still teaches today.

Also present at the event? Unrepentent domestic terrorist William Ayers and equally disturbed wife Bernardine Dohrn. Ayers, Obama and Khalidi all served on the board of the non-profit Woods Fund which, in the two-year span while Obama served, funneled $200,000 or so to Ayers’ leftist educational programs and an additional $75,000 to the Arab-American Action Network, an organization founded by Khalidi and his wife, Mona, and notoriously supportive of Palestinian terror. Furthermore, Mona Khalidi served as a prominent English-language translator for the late Fatah founder and PLO leader Yasser Arafat.

Rashid and Mona Khalidi are said to have been frequent dinner companions of Barack and Michelle Obama, and have reportedly even baby-sat their children. The Khalidis threw successful fundraisers for Obama as well, and like William Ayers helped to launch his political career.

Now, there is videotape of the Illinois senator breaking bread with domestic and foreign terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, lavishing praise on one of them, and a major American newspaper refuses to release it. They’re protecting him, just like they’ve protected him from the start.

When Trent Lott made an unfortunate joke at Strom Thurmond’s birthday party, he was run out of town and ruined by the media. If tape of John McCain at some David Duke event surfaced, it would be given its own little box on MSNBC so it could be shown in a loop right next to Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow. If it were John McCain and not Barack Obama on this tape, not only would it run everywhere, but it would be an instant disqualifier — just like any evidence of an association with people like Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Fr. Michael Pfleger, Tony Rezko, Ayers, Dohrn, Khalid al-Mansour and more would be an instant disqualifier for a GOP candidate as well. Now, there is videotaped evidence–only five years old, no less–that Obama, the man who would like the highest security clearance in all the land, is once again heaping praise on a terrorist, and the media refuses to cover it.

The mainstream media has been nothing short of disgusting during this election cycle. I can only imagine that they believe that leftist free speech will somehow be safe. What terrifies me is how the media’s willingness to protect their Chosen One would translate into transparency–or lack thereof–should Obama be elected to the presidency.

NOTE:

Yes, I know that African Press International is once again trying to stir the pot by stating that the notorious Michelle Obama tapes will be released by Fox News within the next few days. Yes, I know that Bill O’Reilly claims to have “big news” this week. No, I do not know if the two are related, but I suspect not.

Please note that I still do not believe that the Michelle Obama tapes really exist. It just doesn’t make sense, any of it. That being said, I would happily–HAPPILY!!–admit that I am wrong once I, and the rest of the American public, hear otherwise. If I am wrong, professionalism be damned, I will post a goofy picture of myself, grinning from ear to ear, and admitting my error.

And that’s all I have to say about that. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to bed. I cannot remember the last time I went to sleep before 1:30 a.m!

– Jeff

Comments

1. California Mom says:

Disgusting…

I can’t believe that Obama has EVERYONE in his pocket! He disgusts me and so does the MSM! All of this is so ‘Hitler like’…it’s scary.

Thanks for keeping this LA Times video story hot at the top of the page…Fox, Drudge, the entire world needs to keep it on the front page until we get the video!

AR,

Going on the assumption that the API story is true, the O’Reilly show makes sense.

I listened to a blog radio show tonight that said Berg was appearing on Fox News tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET.

If I remember correctly, Obama’s infomercial is tomorrow evening.

Then, O’Reilly would follow Obama’s infomercial.

So, it looks like they may want to “sandwich” Obama’s infomercial in-between Berg and the API.

Don’t know for sure, but trying to put the puzzle together.

4. Jet says:

One of the reasons why I cancelled my LA Times subscription a few months ago was because of their blatant Obamalove. This incident with the videotape just proves that the LA Times is vying to become the official propaganda outlet of the Obama administration.

Jeff:

I want to give you some positive feedback. I feel you are providing us with the most educated, researced, up-to-date information on the net. (I want to say “unbiased” but you know every person has their own biases, no matter how hard they fight them). I do know that if a conservative can be considered reporting objectively, that would be you. You seem to be doing a better job than the media, have you considered radio or TV? Keep up the good work and I will continue perusing your site daily for the latest.

I can certainly see why L.A. Times would not want to release the tape if it wanted to protect the identity of the person who created the tape.

Perhaps we should be pushing for them to release the transcript of the tape or the audio of the tape, as opposed to the video.

Jeff, this is the first time I have commented on your site but I have to tell you that I follow your postings several times a day. Thank you so much for all you do. I really wish there were more of you out there.

Not sure if you ever caught this before but I did want to share something very interesting and you can come toi your own conclusions as I did.

Remember when Sen Obama stated that he had been to 57 states. Just a really bad mistake right?

Maybe not? Please find the video of him making the statement as well as the link showing the Islamic Organisation of 57 states.

8. msjkulig430 says:

Jeff, you rock! Thank you for your “tireless” efforts to keep your readers educated at the expense of losing sleep. I too will be pleasently surprised if the MO tapes do surface this week. I have noticed though that Hannity does seem “happier” than usual. I’m not sure what is up, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for an october surprise. I also agree with you that the the LA Times witholding the Obama dinner tape is biased and unprofessional. Journalists have a responsibility to the public. Clearly, this is irresponsible journalism and if the tape is not released before the election, I recommend a boycott of the LA Times.

I would say get some rest, but I am certain that your mind is racing too much to sleep. All the best!

PS. I emailed you two interesting articles that I found on the web. One was the “Analysis of Standing To Sue”(http://www.law.mercer.edu/elaw/standingtalk.html) and a Law Review article on “May Courts Decide Who Can Be President” (http://www.michiganlawreview.org/firstimpressions/vol107/tokaji.htm) as they may apply to the Berg case and was interested in hearing your thoughts.

9. Becki says:

Jeff, I deleted my comment because of this:

I think the Obama camp has been monitoring his API site and is trying to use tactics to stop mr. Korir from comming forth with this.
    For those who are skeptical, well joke’s on you because apparently the Obama camp knows this is true and they are trying to stop the airing of the tapes. Mr. Korir is very afraid and says he thinks people where tapping into his conversations. I pray he doesn’t back down and goes forth with this. I have spoken with Mr. Korir, please believe me. Look at what he just posted minutes ago:

News Flash!!: Obama’s campaign manager offers 3 million dollars to API in connection with Michelle Obama tape to be aired by Fox News Network

Posted by africanpress on October 29, 2008

Six hours after the release of information by API on the planned broadcast by Fox News Network of the Michelle Obama tape, in accordance with an agreement that has been reached between API and Fox News Network, API was contacted by Obama’s Campaign Manager.

Those who are close to the democratic presidential candidate must be desperate to win the elections no matter what, otherwise they would not have taken such bold step to contact API with an offer of a bribe in order to stop the airing of the tape.

Obama’s campaign manager contacted API by telephone and email offering 3 million US dollars followed with a request to API to cancel the deal with Fox News Network.

Ten days ago API received the first request to accept 2 million US dollars by Mr Ed Hale, President of Plains Radio, Texas – USA, in an effort to suppress the information from reaching the public before the coming US Presidential elections.

API has now taken a decision to contact the American Embassy in Oslo, Norway as soon as possible in order to report the matter and hand over the evidence for investigative purposes.

API’s Canadian lawyer is expected to fly to Oslo shortly in order to assist in the legal matters that arise from the bribery attempt.

API’s Chief editor is expected to travel to New York, together with the Canadian lawyer, where he will appear live in one of the shows that will air the Michelle Obama tape.

Here’s a big fat article about it from 2005. Obama is all up in it!

Coincidence???? I THINK NOT!!!! Just a flub of the tongue???? I THINK NOT!!!! His subconcience speaking???? OH YEAH!!! Vote MCCAIN/PALIN or the entire US may be the 58th State of the Islamic Nations…….

12. bluewater says:

This is how you contact the person who told Fox News that the LA Times isn’t interested in revisiting the video:

Nancy Sullivan
    Executive Director, Communications
    213-237-6160
    nancy.sullivan@latimes.com

Don’t let up.

How about law-journalist when you’re finished? Seriously…we need you! Where would we find all of this info if you weren’t so faithful to report it daily :D
    Please say Americasright will still be here when you’re done!!!!
    Thanks, Jeff!!!

Jeff; Please note that the LA Times is owned by the (trumpets please) da da da daaaaaa Chicago Tribune!

Also, is there anything or information that Berg has which will constitute evidence or is being filed with his Appeal which will act as a basis for the Court determining that even if there is Standing that there could be a reasonable degree of success on the merits-in other words for instance if all there really is, is the belief without eveidence of sworn expert testimony or other admissible proof that Obama was not qualified under Article II, then the Court will probably deny Standing as there is otherwise no cause to send the case back to proceed.

15. toto says:

This API tapes thing is getting old, either you have them or you don’t. Being as how its been so long to produce them, once they are produced, it would make me wonder if they are real.

As for the MSM, it doesn’t surprise me at all, no MSM has reported anything relavent yet against Obama, so what would make you thing they would now?

16. Bolski says:

Thanks for the info. Apparently, API is now stating that Obama’s campaign is offering 3 million dollars to NOT air the tapes with Fox News. They now state they have contacted the American Embassy in Oslo, Norway and are going to hand over the evidence for investigative purposes. Could this be their way out for why it won’t show on Fox?

Keep up the great work!

Remember how you cough up stuff you learned in elementary school without having to think about it?
    Obama went to school in Indonesia during the ages of 5-10, and by his school records which indicated his religion as ISLAM, he would have been taught about the 57 States of Islam.
    It makes perfect sense. What does not, is his constant lying and denial about anything that does not fit his invention of himself.

LA Times release the Obama\Rashid Khalidi Video

SIGN THE PETITION

API is reporting this morning they were contacted by the Obama campaign with a USD$3 million offer to purchase the Michelle tapes. If this is a continuing ruse, someone should be held accountable.

21. Mairi says:

Thank you for all your dedication to keeping us informed and sane. I think we should find out who major advertisers are to the LAT, and begin a polite letter campaign and boycott. These papers are hurting. It’s time to make them report fairly, or throw them under BO’s bus. Boycotting advertisers is a powerful resource to American’s, and usually HIGHLY successful. I HOPE this can be done in a VERY polite fashion, to prove we are not bots like BO’s people, but disciplined and focused.

22. Papa Ray says:

Reference API story.

Maybe you should read this.

I’m with you when you say you need proof, visible, verifable proof. But you have to admit, either API is telling the truth or that they are BSers right up there in Obamas’ league.

You have to admit that it would be a great October surprise along with the LA Times video (if we can get it, and ACE is trying to get donations for a bribe for some LA worker to leak the tape)from the LA Times.

I say that it won’t be able to be bought nor stolen.

Papa Ray

Fox news is actually reporting this cover-up by LA times on foxnews.com

The following link is to the actual article on fox news:

24. Ted Park says:

I hate to rain on the parade, but don’t you think the LAT would destroy the tape instead of releasing it? That’s not illegal and what could anybody do?

You do realize that John Mccain gave this guy huindreds of thousands of dollars and grants? Mccain better be careful what he wishes for, he’s got incredible ties to mr Khalidi.

26. John Galt says:

The Los Times, aka the “Los Angeles Marxist Daily”

I live in Los Angeles and the LA Times has been a very strong socialist leaning paper for years.

Back in the days of Arafat the Los Angeles time writer, Tracy Wilkerson, who still writes for them but no longer is stationed in the Middle East, wrote hundreds of pro-Arafat and terrorist articles.

One of the questions that Los Angeles intellectuals ask (yes there are intellectuals in Los Angeles LOL) is which is more true to the theories as promulgated in Das Kapital; Pravda or the Los Angeles Times?

27. MR. JOSHUA says:

HI JEFF,

ONCE THIS HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC, IT’S PUBLIC INFORMATION…BY LAW…..
    THEY CAN HOLD ON TO THE PHYSICAL TAPE, BUT NOT THE INFO….IT CAN BE UTILIZED FOR, OR AGAINST THEIR AGENDA….

REGARDS,

JEFF

Oh, my. This API thing is just getting to be dreary.

My thoughts:

—There is no Michelle Obama tape.

—There never was a deal with Fox.

—There was no offer from Obama’s campaign.

—The whole thing, from beginning to end, is totally fabricated.

—If anyone, say Fox or the Obama Campaign, should try to hold API accountable to these flagrant lies, all API has to say is that poor little API was duped:

It will be an easy thing to produce phony emails, for instance from “Obama’s campaign manager.”

After all, will say API, “we’re just a small organization and not schooled in the ways of American politics. Someone has taken advantage of us and sullied our reputation and our prospects for becoming a credible news organization.”

Sigh . . .

29. Kahleeka says:

Papa Ray, thanks for that link – I almost wet my pants laughing with the last line of the article! Here’s the link for those of you who haven’t read it yet! Great Read – but the last line is a BLAST! http://macsmind.com/wordpress/2008/10/28/michelle-obama-tape-to-be-released-finally/

To the anonymous poster who alleges “McCain gave this guy (Khalidi) hundreds of thousands of dollars and grants?” Can you post a link?? Cite a source on this please?

In addition, here is an email address to ask for the release of the Khalidi tapes from the LA Times:
    letters@latimes.com (Hey the more letters the better!)

As for the 57 states gaffe – that really bothers me. I can’t excuse this.

Prove me wrong but I questioned Michelle Obama’s alleged language on this audio tape. She is quoted to have said “All dirt has been thrown in my husband’s face” Perhaps that’s Chicago slang, but I’ve lived in NJ, FL and NH and we would say “All this dirt . . . ” or “A whole lotta dirt . . . .” Hey, I want this tape to be out there if it’s real, but I’m growing less patient and more skeptical!

Another article has popped up on foxnews.com about this and stating that McCain is now also calling out the LA Times on this.

31. Michele says:

I wrote an email to the LA Times the other day about the Obama\Rashid Khalidi Video. The email I used was:

readers.rep@latimes.com

If the other email given earlier doesn’t work – you can use this one because I know my email got through because I received an automated email from them acknowledging receipt of the my email

I would really encourage everyone to deluge them with emails. At least they will know how angry we are at their bias.

32. Bet says:

I thought I had read it all:
    This needs to be on your must read list.

Trackbacks

1. [...] media bias and Obama’s radical associations here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.  Like Newt Gingrich’s personal problems are built into his poll [...]