African Press International Insists Michelle Obama Tapes to be Released Within 24 Hours

Update: Immediate conclusions at America’s Right were correct after all — API perpetrated a hoax

From the API Web site:

The Obama tapes to be released
Posted by africanpress
on October 20, 2008

Author : CandyCane (IP: 68.34.200.85 , c-68-34-200-85.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
E-mail : Rogertheboss@comcast.net
URL :
Whois : http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryinput=68.34.200.85
Comment:
Do not doubt that the tapes are real. They will be released in the next 24 hours here in the United States. This is not a hoax, it is really going to happen. I will post later on and tell you where you can go to listen to them. They will be played in full without any editing.

You know, folks, I really hope that I’m dead wrong on this one. I’ve said from the beginning that the article in question, standing alone and without supporting evidence, wasn’t enough to convince me of the authenticity of the statements, but if the tapes surfaced and were real, obviously all bets were off.

Should I be wrong on this (and even over and beyond this post at API’s Web site, I have reason to believe that I am), I will gladly own up to it — once I’m finished doing the dance of joy in my living room.

I asked Philip Berg, via e-mail, whether or not he thought the API/Michelle Obama tapes were real and whether they would in fact be released within the next day or so as Chief Editor Korir maintains. His answer was simple, and firm.

“Yes,” Berg wrote.

I will say that there is more to this that I simply cannot report. Still, keep checking here for updates. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed, and know that I am doing the same.

UPDATE — October 20, 10:00am:

That’s right. The news that I could not report last night is that Philip Berg, the same man who filed suit against Barack Obama in federal court, has been retained by African Press International to handle the legal ramifications of distributing the purported Michelle Obama tapes stateside.

“They came to me, and they want me to do it,” said Berg, who maintains that he has not yet heard any tape himself, but mentioned that API is saying that they “have more information than what they already released.”

Further comment, Berg said, will be reserved until after he hears the taped evidence.

UPDATE — October 20, 4:15pm

Give me a break. The latest from the API Web site:

To Michelle Obama:

I have decided to write this open letter and to refer you to our telephone conversation the day your husband was having a debate with his opponent in New York. This has to be an open letter because the story is already out there and many Americans are crying for the truth about what we discussed.

I know our discussion was not meant to harm your husband’s candidacy nor was it meant to derail the US Presidential elections in any way. We both know that our talk was – a sister to brother talk – black to black person talk – in the African perspective. The problem came later when we listened to the taped recording of our talk. API thought it wise to publish some of the contents that are not inflammatory. API did the best to select that which could not cause any chaos and we in API did not expect that waht we chose to publish would have the impact it now has had in the last five days.

Many Americans have surprised us in the way they take the interview very seriously. We want to respect them – as we have promised from day one – to let them know the truth in what transpired between yourself and us. We have realised that the American people want to know you well before you probably become their first Lady.

The intention of writing to you this open letter is to appeal to you to confirm that we had a talk because it is the only right thing to do now, so that we avoid any embarrassment should the whole tape be aired unedited. You are well aware of our discussions touching on thorny issues like Iran’s good trade relationship with Kenya and the fact Kenya may play a role in mending the relationship between Iran and the US so that healthy trade relationship may be achieved if your husband gets the presidency. Remember the length and the depth of our talk on other issues of importance in this hotly contested election where as you have stated – is an opportunity for the black people to start being proud of America and to be patriotic.

API was disappointed that one of your husband’s spokespersons rushed to the press to deny that you had called API. It is best that they check with you first before jumping to conclusions as if they control your private calls everyday.

API is interested in handling this matter in a good and reasonable way so that we may not be forced to release the tapes in its entirety. We do not want to be party to causing unnecessary chaos before the elections. If you just come forward and confirm that there was a call you placed to API, that will enable API to be out of it and nobody will continue to demand that we air unedited tape, but that we can release the one with information that is already known to the public.

We will appreciate solving this matter this way in order to avoid unnecessary law suits that may come about.

It is my apology to you that we did not let you know that the conversation was being taped, and yet I expect you to know that being a public figure, such may happen.

We have decided to write to you after our discussion today with a US CIA official in Oslo.

Regards,

Chief Editor Korir

A CIA Official? What is this, a Jerry Bruckheimer film? Come on.

UPDATE — October 20, 10:00pm

When every Web site was saying that this African Press International piece was the real deal, when everybody was ready to broadcast Michelle Obama’s purported statements from the tops of the tallest buildings in town, I knew something didn’t smell right, and I gave my reasons why.

One, Mrs. Obama is on the tightest of leashes, unable probably to even speak with the likes of Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer and three-quarters of the cast of The View. Two, Mrs. Obama may have an anger problem, but she is far too intelligent to say such inflammatory things so close to her chance to finally be really, really proud of her country. And three, even if Michelle Obama wanted to speak out against some grave injustice, she would not have chosen African Press International to do so.

That was my line of thinking. That still is my line of thinking. However, suckered in by the seductive chance that there were somehow audiotapes out there, I chose to go against my gut feeling and participate in the Internet forum to-and-fro that I’ve steadfastly tried to elevate America’s Right above since its inception at the beginning of this year. I’ve tried to be above rumor, and in this instance haven’t lived up to those aspirations.

It smelled funky from the get-go, and I need to remember to trust my gut … which, as I always say, is ample.

Philip Berg, in our conversation this evening, was similarly dissapointed by the apparent backtracking by the folks at African Press International.

“Everything depends upon what they actually have,” Berg said, mentioning what was reported earlier as an apparent attorney-client relationship in the works between him and API. “I need to speak with them again.

I asked him why he would agree to talk about representation without seeing, firsthand, the evidence in question. Berg said that the representation talks were essentially in preliminary stages, and nothing was set in stone.

“They supposedly have documentation confirming the telephone records,” he said. “I will only represent them if they provide me with the documentation that they said they have, including the telephone records and the audiotape. Otherwise, if they provide me with nothing of what they promised, I will not be associated with them.”

For me, a lesson learned. As this little story descended from potential news into simple humor, I should have known to jump ship. Next time, I’ll wear flippers, if not skip the three-hour tour entirely.

Comments

If anybody, including the law student, Jeff Schreiber, that is responsible for this blog would simply lay out Berg’s claims to see what they actually mean in terms of documents that should exist, a detailed and vast paper trail, one would arrive at the conclusion that no portion of Berg’s claims could possibly be true.

As for the Michelle Obama files, why would AIP Editor Korir issue challeges and an open letter to Mrs. Obama when a phone call is all that would be needed. Why the theatrics along with a CIA official from Oslo. Sounds like a bad ripoff of Felix Leiter, “…a brother from Langley.”

At any rate, for the most part this blog covering Berg’s lawsuit has been pretty straightforward with little bias. The dancing bit skews the reportage, though it is Jeff’s blog.

Conservatively speaking, I do not see anything of significance happening on either issue that will impact the Obama campaign negatively.

Question the source, question the source, question the source.

Wow, I hope anymouse is a woman, then I’ll understand why she’s all over the page. She may be the same one who expresses himself on Lucianne. deep breaths, deep breaths over there.

API DOES NOT LIE Says:
    October 21, 2008 at 3:40 am
    A recent post from Berg’s site-
    ————————————
    Mr. Berg is a real nice guy….
    written by Jake, October 20, 2008

I am a criminal justice student here in WI. I have been following this case for some time now and It has really perked my interest lately. I am real involved with the College Republicans and Conservative Union here at my college, so this has been a topic we have discussed in great detail.

My school is full of bleeding heart Obama lovers, and it is a bit overbearing at times. I just had the privilege to speak on the phone with Philip Berg, and he was a very nice guy….I asked him about the motion to dismiss today by Obama’s Attorney, and Mr. Berg said he didn’t understand the motion, as the amended complaint they want dismissed has not even been filed yet.

This is right from the man Mr. Berg himself. He also stated to check the website after midnight eastern time, he stated something is set to happen tonight! I am not sure if he means with the API thing, or with his case…..I couldn’t speak to him long but he sounded confident that something at least somewhat significant will happen after 12AM! He was also confident about the existence of the Michelle Obama tape….

I have a good feeling about this, Thank you Mr. Berg for standing up for this Countries Founding Fathers!

You would have to be crazy to think these tapes exist..Why would MO a Harvard educated lawyer be so stupid to call this bogus news source and make such statements…I dont like MO she may be a lot of things including racist but she sure didnt get where she is by being stupid…There are no tapes! Its a hoax or they would have released them already…API is NOT a credible news source..Just like Corsi with HIS proof..another liar!

5. Kay says:

I just heard on the FoxNews station that Obama was going to Hawaii for a few days to visit his grandmother (for health reasons).

Isn’t this how Chia pets did so well. This is a farce planted by the Dems or trolls. Oh well…I always love conspiracy themes. I have enjoyed the play.

First, people must refrain themselves from going to API. The lack of response will tell them how uncredible they are.
    2nd and foremost, Berg needs to disassociate himself for reasons that he believes API claims are bogus and a distracting measure from the court case proving Obama is indeed without proper qualifications to serve as President.

8. Phil says:

koyann,

Your commentary RE: Socialism/Marxism was probably some of the best straightforward, blunt and coherent reading I’ve had in a while.

In light of that, one part of my brain says that if Obama becomes Prez, we’re simply going to have another Jimmy Carter. Yet, the other side of my brain says it’s going to be a bit worse than that (but, hopefully, not beyond my Two-Year Theory(tm) on mid-term elections and history).

Though some sometimes see you as a harbinger of bad things, you seem to have done nothing but keep a level head.

-Phil

9. ncmama says:

Anyone else find this interesting?

Obama leaving campaign trail to visit grandmother (AP)

AP – Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is canceling nearly all his campaign events Thursday and Friday to visit his suddenly gravely ill 85-year-old grandmother in Hawaii, a spokesman said.

I hope somebody shadows Obama in Hawaii to make sure he doesn’t get a new “original” birth certificate.

11. Goldie says:

Hi Phil,

You may have mistaken who did the commentary. I had plenty to say about Socialism/Marxism in the above post. I had started out responding to koyann.

In any case, just wanted to say Thank You!! :)

Bwahahahahaha…

You’re all fucking idiots.

I love watching you flail around like goldfish out of a bowl.

They are now saying they are negotiating with Fox News. Stick a fork in the bag of crap story looks like AstroTurf.

Michelle Obama tapes’ imminent release approaching: API in a serious negotiation with FOX NEWS on the best way forward
    Posted by africanpress on October 21, 2008

API has an ongoing discussion with FOX NEWS on the best way forward in the process of releasing Michelle Obama tapes to the American people.

API hopes the negotiation will be completed as soon as possible so that the tapes can be made available to FOX NEWS in the next few days and specifically before the voting day – the 4th of November.

API will make use of Legal Representation in the US when finalising the hand-over of the tapes and on any legal matters that may arise after the contents of the tapes become public.

We want to thank all our readers – those who have managed to be patient and also those who have exhibited total impatience. We assure them that an agreement will be reached soon between API and FOX NEWS one way or another, so that API fulfills the promise it gave to the readers.

The important thing we want the readers to know is how the tapes will be handled once it finally leaves API’s custody. API has confidence in FOX NEWS and will allow them to decide whether the tapes will be aired in full, edited or unedited. Once the tapes are released to FOX NEWS as per agreement that will be arrived at between the parties, API believes that FOX NEWS is competent enough to decide on how to proceed in handling the tapes because – better than us in API – they know what is best for the American listeners.

Some may not understand why this has taken long to accomplish. Sensitive issues requires careful steps so that nobody gets hurt in the process. People have questioned why the delay. API wanted to take time and make a good choice on the way forward and we can now happily say we are on the right track and hopefully you do not have to wait for long before your wishes are fulfilled.

Now that the release of the tapes is imminent, as soon as an agreement is reached, API hopes that those who finally gets access to its contents will use them wisely, in a way that brings the American people closer to one another despite their political allienation and to be above racial behaviour and work together for a better United American Nation. API does not wish to see the information from the tapes being misused by those who may wish to satisfy their own interests and achieve a particular aim.

The release of the tapes will take place without costs to any one. The negotiation between API and FOX NEWS bears no sign of money involved and that has been API’s wish all along.

Published by Chief Editor Korir /African Press International – API.

I don’t get it, how did he figure it out? Why hasn’t he updated that it was a hoax? Does Philip know something? Strange for him just to saw it was a hoax.

INFORMATION TO THE PUBLIC ON THE MICHELLE OBAMA TAPES

Posted by africanpress on October 23, 2008

“Parties involved – LAW OFFICES OF PHILIP J. BERG (USA)
    and African Press International – API (Norway) have agreed on the wording of the notice below now being made public”

To whom it may concern

CONFIRMATION OF ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
    This is to inform members of the public that there is Attorney/Client relationship between:

LAW OFFICES OF PHILIP J. BERG
    555 Andorra Glen Court, Suite 12,
    Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-2531
    Office: (610) 825-3134
    Fax: (610) 662-3005
    Att: Phil J. Berg or Lisa Liberi
    email: philjberg@gmail.com
    email: lisaliberi@gmail.com

and

AFRICAN PRESS INTERNATIONAL – API, Oslo – Norway

Subject matter: The Michelle Obama tapes.

In case of legal questions pertaining to the above subject, members of the public are asked to contact the Law Offices directly.

Any other matters of no legal character may be directed to API’s Chief
    Editor Korir by email: africanpress@getmail.no or +4793299739.

_______________________________

You may want to contact your bud Phil and see what the heck is going.

I never heard so much poop, a lawsuit that can’t be pursued because no one has standing, except probably the Justice Dept. and they won’t do anything and mysterious tapes that no one has seen or heard but will be released soon, the day will come and go and no tape. Mark my words..and to think I sent Atty. Berg $5 and I don’t know if my friends I sent the email to did or not but now I feel like a fool.

“African Press International” must be the most pathetic “news agency” I have ever come across… they’re trying to resurface the bogus tape again…

They are clearly a bunch of utter scammers, frauds and deceptive clowns.