Ohio Fox News Affiliate Airs Interview With Philip Berg

Portions of a 23-minute telephone interview with Phil Berg aired twice today on a local Fox News affiliate in Toledo, Ohio. Berg, who attended law school in Toledo, told me that he was pleased with the “in depth” and “very detailed” nature of the interview, as well as the professionalism exhibited by the newscaster.

According to Berg, the My Fox Toledo reporter, Kristi Leigh, mentioned to his assistant that initial feedback was “very positive.” He also hopes that this interview serves as a jumping-off point for other mainstream media outlets.

“We’re hoping that this report gets picked up by other Fox affiliate stations across the country,” Berg said. “I think we’re about to springboard. Today, I had six radio interviews and one newspaper interview for an article in Thursday’s edition of the Philadelphia Public Record.”

Furthermore, Berg says, he expects an onslaught of media attention once Judge R. Barclay Surrick comes down with an order, regardless of the outcome.

In the meantime, the remaining portions of the 23-minute interview can be seen by clicking HERE, and here is the text from the article accompanying the My Fox Toledo interview:

My Fox Toledo
Monday, October 13
Former UT Law Grad Sues Obama, Questions Citizenship

Philip J. Berg, a former University of Toledo School of Law graduate, has filed a lawsuit against Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. He’s claiming the Illinois senator is not a U.S. citizen and therefore ineligible to run for president.

If elected, his selection to the presidency would cause a crisis within the U.S. Constitution.

“If we can’t enforce our constitution, especially a candidate for president, we’re in real trouble in this country, more trouble than you really want to believe and it’s frightening,” said Berg from his offices in Lafayette Hill, Penn., a suburb of Philadelphia.

Berg, a former Deputy Attorney General for the State of Pennsylvania, filed the lawsuit in federal court Aug. 21 (Berg vs. Obama, Civil Action No. 08-cv-4083), “seeking a Declaratory Judgment and an Injunction that Obama does not meet the qualifications to be President of the United States.”

Three qualifications must be met for someone to become president under the Constitution. You must be at least 35 years of age, a resident of the United States for at least 14 years, and a natural-born citizen.

Berg believes the 47-year-old senator from Illinois does not meet the last qualification. Although the Obama campaign states he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Berg believes Obama was born in Kenya. Further investigation reveals he may still be a citizen of Indonesia.

A school registration Berg has obtained lists Obama’s name as Barry Soetoro, after his Indonesian stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, and lists his citizenship as Indonesia.

Berg said Obama’s mother sent him back to the U.S. when he was 10, and one of two things would have happened then. If he went through immigration, he would be a naturalized citizen, not a natural-born citizen.

“He today could still be a citizen of Indonesia and could be an illegal alien, which would mean he could not even hold his Senate seat from Illinois,” Berg said in a cell phone call from Pennsylvania. “So, it’s really important that we all look at his records.”

Factcheck.org claims it has proof of Obama’s U.S. citizenship. Berg has questioned that proof because the Web site is owned by Annenberg.

According to the site, the “Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.”

“That is a group where Obama sat on the board a number of years dispersing funds, so I would think there’s a little conflict of interest there.”

The proof, Berg said, needs to be in the hands of a judge.

“Senator Obama, if I’m wrong, prove me wrong, produce the documentation,” he said. “If you have nothing to hide, stop hiding behind legalisms, lets avoid a constitutional crisis in this country.”

Lucas County Democratic Party Chairman Ron Rothenbuhler, who didn’t know of the lawsuit, questioned Berg’s intentions.

“If it’s not a vendetta, then it must be somebody challenging somebody’s right to either privacy or questioning the information they’ve already received,” Rothenbuhler said.

Keep checking here at America’s Right for updates and details as the Berg v. Obama suit progresses here in Philadelphia. As soon as something is filed, or an order comes down from Judge Surrick, you will know the basics. Soon thereafter, you will know specifics.

NOTE: Please do not call the judge, the clerks, or the judge’s chambers. This will not help anybody!

Comments

Excellent!

2. Goldie says:

I wrote and thanked them for doing the story. I bet they’ve gotten flooded with responses! I’m feeling relieved. But not stopping! He’s not out of there yet. This Trojan Horse is finally getting his due.

3. kbp says:

“…it must be somebody challenging somebody’s right to either privacy or questioning the information they’ve already received,”

That sounds like an amateur at work.

GREAT JOB JEFF

Attached are the web address of Fox News Toledo
    you can copy and paste.
    The volume is low on the sidebar.
    People might want to “save” it before the Obamabat’s try and sabotage the site.
    Now we will see how fast
    the New’s spread’s.
    Thank’s for putting your
    Article so Fast. (What a Guy)
    I wonder what kind of Bull the Obama Mama’s will say?
    Keep us informed about the Hayride! Dan Smith

QUOTE: “. . .the remaining portions of the 23-minute interview can be seen by clicking HERE, “

I’m getting a NOT FOUND ERROR 404 message at that link

I did view the video here. It is only 3:04 minutes long though.

6. Jeff Schreiber says:

Fixed (I hope).

Thank you!

Are you married…your picture displays a very handsome man?!

8. Koyaan says:

anonymous wrote:

Now we will see how fast
    the New’s spread’s.

I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

Remember, a while back Jerome Corsi said on Fox & Friends, which is a NATIONAL program, that Obama had a fake birth certificate on his website.

Nothing ever came of that.

k

9. Jet says:

If Judge Surrick rules against Berg, what does Berg think his chances are that the Third Circuit Court will rule in his favor? Are they also likely to support Obama and the DNC?

Sorry, the actual addresses
    did not show up in my previous comment. Here, I'll
    try it again.
    Philip Berg vs Obama, DNC Lawsuit
    The Lawsuit was "Aired" by Fox News Toledo on 10/13/08
    Kristi Leigh's interview with Philip Berg
    MyFox Toledo | Former UT law grad sues Obama, questions citizenship (short version)
    Which is:
    There is the long version (23 minutes) as a Sidebar:
    Sidebar Video
    Which is:

I think it was "Awesome" that a smaller Fox News affiliate had the "Ball's"
    to Cover this Story, while the larger MSM sat in a corner sucking their thumb's.
    Fox News Toledo should get some type of an "Award".(As well as Yourself Jeff).
    Super Job!
    Again I find it suspicious that Obama was campaigning
    in Toledo the day this was aired. I hope the reporter
    Kristi Leigh wasn't caused any grief or harm!
    Dan Smith

11. Phil says:

I was thinking about the Motion to Dismiss, per the DNC and Obama (yes, some of us have actually read the PDFed court papers!). A couple of things really struck me as interesting:

1. When the Defendants moved to say that Berg is without standing, the justification used seemed to be saying that “there is no law existing that allows you to bring this matter to court.” That is, “We the Defendants think one reason this ought to be dismissed is because nobody’s ever been here before, and so you have nothing to rest your case on.”

2. The Defendants — when speaking of the actual birth certificate — only ever assume that Obama is an American citizen and never say anything such as, “Per our release to the site factcheck.org, we have given full and complete disclosure as to Sen. Obama’s certificate of live birth.” They never explicitly say that this information has been released!

So, as Mr. Berg states in his 23-minute interview with Fox Toledo, it appears that Sen. Obama needs to very shortly “come clean” with his cert, else the Republican party might throw this in his face over the next couple of weeks.

Holy bovine defecation, Batman! Everyone else in the race has released their documentation; why doesn’t Obama? How much do we know about Gov. Sarah Palin? Why do we know so much about her? Why don’t we know as much about Sen. Obama?

And why is the Democratic National Committee stalling with Obama on this one?

One way or the other Philip Berg is going to make history: either as saving the country from an allegedly — and potentially — illegal alien or as being a completely washed-up “has-been” attorney that has ruined his own career.

-Phil

Thank you, Jeff – unfortunately, the link now reopens this thread.

I located the extended interview here:

Can you tell us if there is a chance that the FBI is investigating Obama’s background? As a retired military officer,I find it hard to beleive that a person can run for president and have secret service protection and NEVER complete a backgroun investigation that each military person must do for certain positions of leadership and responsibility. If I had only half of the questionable relationships, not to mention the overseas connections, I would never have received a secret clearance, much less a top secret. Now that he is being read in on national security issues, with his hidden agenda, we are indeed in trouble as a nation.
    Is there anything that can be done? Are our hands tied as American citizen?

cg

I have been pouring over pages and pages of the
    Freedom Information Act
    Federal Bureau Investigation-Weatherman Underground

Foreign Influence-Weather underground

Summery – It seems that the FBI has been on to an international Communist plot to overthrow the US government.Ayers is key player and it seems he is attempting to complete his dream of the destruction of Imperial USA thru a network of Communist countries, black panther groups, Islamic terror groups all bent on destroying USA.I come to this conclusion after reading pages of FBI secret documents released by freedom of information act. This explains Ayers intent and also the huge amount of overseas funds. I have forwarded all of my research to RNC and two news networks’ almost certain the gov knows of this plot and have stopped it in its tracks. I think the next phase is to calm the public’s fears and not cause mass rioting. This becoming public would be a major embarrassment to the US government. My best hopes are that they have a manufactured defeat of Obama in the works and he will bow out gracefully after the election rather than cause riots. All is not as it seems.
    Its a pdf. file,please look up on line it contains damming evidence of Ayers groups attempt to destroy the USA :(

15. TypewriterStreaming says:

Maybe if we send this to Fox cable news they’ll pick up the story. Waiting fo the Judge’s decision is a killer. It feels like we are going to go way past Nov 4th between this outcome and any appeals.

16. Phil says:

kbp said…

That sounds like an amateur at work.

kbp,

Yeah, I caught that too. It makes me think about the following points:

1. Was this party official somewhat caught off guard by such an “unusual” request?

2. Sen. Obama is and has been a public figure. By definition, we the people have the responsibility of asking the right questions to determine a legitimate candidacy (on whatever the topic is). Therefore, a “right to privacy” is rather vague in this instance.

3. Information that has been received to date has not been properly validated. As I noted in my comment in this thread, the Defendants in the lawsuit are admitting by omission that Obama is assumed to be an American and those pieces of evidence already available in the public domain have not been officially certified (they never explicitly claim that the evidence already exists!).

In all 3 cases as outlined here, it is the concerned citizens’ responsibility to ask pertinent questions of the people who seek the highest office in the land.

Further, something else I’ve observed in commentary from our dissenting friends on this blog and over at obamacrimes.com. The biggest argument against the lawsuit is that, essentially, it’s a “distraction.” In my view, that’s true, to a point: the question is, a distraction from whom/what, and/or towards whom/what?

-Phil

To add to how scary Obama is, this is an article from the NY Post where Jesse Jackson comments on Obama. http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_o_jesse_knows_133450.htm

[Obama Birth Certificate Fraud Proof Prt 2] From: syc1959 at YouTube

nice explanation of birth certificate, certification of live birth (COLB) issue

19. Jeff Schreiber says:

Yes, ma’am (I hope not sir), I AM indeed very happily married.

But rest assured — that photo is from 2004. I have gained about 30 pounds since then, and at 6’3″ and 255 pounds, I probably no longer fit into that tuxedo!

20. PatGund@gmail.com says:

“As for the judge’s decision, your guesses are as good as mine. Regardless, I don’t think this will be resolved–in terms of appeals from either side–by November 4th.”

Agreed. No matter what the Judge rules, (personally I suspect it will be dismissed due to lack of standing), it will be tied up in appeals for a while.

I just reviewed the Court file in this matter and believe it is important to note that the complaint survived a Motion to Dismiss. Although not dispositive, this lends an air of credibility to the allegations. It is imperative that this information is made public by the main stream press.

22. Jeff Schreiber says:

How do you figure that the complaint survived a motion to dismiss? The judge has not come down on that motion yet.

What it did survive was being tossed either (1) immediately upon reaching Judge Surrick’s desk or (2) at the hearing for the Temporary Restraining Order. That can be thought of as encouraging.

23. Phil says:

jeff schreiber said…

I second that motion (!).

Realize that the full set of PDF documents includes papers from both sides that have been submitted as a means of making the process proceed more efficiently (for better or for worse). You will notice that those papers that are not yet “official” are the ones on which hand-written dates and signatures are missing.

I guess another nice part of this process is that it’s helping we lay people better understand the nuances of legalese.

-Phil

24. Koyaan says:

jeff schreiber wrote:

Yeah. But a President isn’t actually elected until December 15th, and doesn’t enter the office until January 20th.

k

Shocking development: Mrs Obama decides enough is enough: “My husband was born in Hawaii and adopted by his step father, does that make him unpatriotic; she asks”, on a direct telephone to API.

Posted by africanpress on October 15, 2008

Accusing API of colluding with American internet bloggers in an effort to bring down her husband, Mrs Obama said she decided to call API because of what she termed, API’s help to spread rumours created by American bloggers and other racist media outlets in their efforts to damage a black man’s name, saying she hopes African Media was mature enough to be in the front to give unwavering support to her husband, a man Africans should identify themselves with.

When API told her that our online news media was only relaying what the American Bloggers and other media outlets had discovered through their investigations, Mrs Obama was angered and she came out loud with the following: “African press International is supposed to support Africans and African-American view,” and she went to state that, “it is strange that API has chosen to support the racists against my husband. There is no shame in being adopted by a step father. All dirt has been thrown onto my husband’s face and yet he loves this country. My husband and I know that there is no law that will stop him from becoming the president, just because some American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband’s adoption by His step father. The important thing here is where my husband’s heart is at the moment. I can tell the American people that My husband loves this country and his adoption never changed his love for this country. He was born in Hawaii, yes, and that gives him all the right to be an American citizen even though he was adopted by a foreigner; says Michelle Obama on telefon to API.”

This is a very interesting turn of events. The American man Dr Corsi was recently reported to have been arrested in Kenya because there was fear that he might reveal information on Obama when he wanted to hold a press conference in Nairobi.

The question now is why he was arrested and who ordered his arrest. Was Obama’s hand in this in any way? We will never know the truth but what is clear is that Dr Corsi was seen as a threat while in Kenya.

When API asked Mrs Obama to comment on why Dr Corsi was arrested by the Kenyan government and whether she thought Kenya’s Prime Minister Mr Raila Odinga was involved in Dr Corsi’s arrest, she got irritated and and simply told API not to dig that which will support evil people who are out to stop her husband from getting the presidency.

When asked who she was referring to as the evil people, she stated that she was not going to elaborate much on that but that many conservative white people and even some African Americans were against her husband, but that this group of blacks were simply doing so because of envy.

On Farakhan and his ministry, Mrs Obama told API that it was unfortunate that Mr Farakhan came out the way he did supporting her husband openly before the elections was over. That was not wholehearted support but one that was calculated to convince the American people that my husband will support the growth of muslim faith if he became the president, adding “even if my husband was able to prove that he is not a Muslim, he will not be believed by those who have come out strongly to destroy his chances of being the next President. Do real people expect someone to deny a religion when 80 percent of his relatives are Muslims?; Mrs Obama asked.

Mrs Obama asked API to write a good story about her husband and that will earn API an invitation to the innoguration ceremony when, as she put it , her husband will be installed as the next President of the United States of America next year.

———————–

Published by African Press International – API

You guys are pathetic. You lose on the issues so you look for a technicality. The Judge will rule in Obama’s favor. Do you really think this would have any affect on the election. It’s not in the MSM because Berg has no proof. His whole suit is based on hearsay and inuendo. How many of you understood the gobly-gook from the forensic doc examiner? The birth certificate is real so move on.

jeff schreiber said…

I’m confused about your post. Can a lawsuit be tossed by the judge before the other side answers it? And could it have been dismissed altogether at the hearing on the TRO, although a responsive pleading was not due and had not been filed? I’ve heard about something called joinder, and as I understand, the judge has to have papers from both sides before he can rule. Could you explain the procedure a bit more?

Our whole election process is based on Honor system. For example, voting is a privilege granted only to US CITIZENS. But we are asked to provide only a Driver’s licence, a bank statement with our names and addresses, or an Utility bill with our names and addresses, to register and to vote. Nowhere does the Board of Election ask for your birth certificate or a US passport or a Naturalization certificate as proof of US citizenship. There are over 25 millions of legal immigrants, Student visa, H1 visa, L1 visa holders who can , if they want to influence the election outcome, produce a Driver’s license or the other documents as proof to register and vote!! Now there are millions of illegal aliens who get driver’s licence in sanctuary states like CA, NY, TN etc. They can also,if they want to, register and vote. Because it is so easy to do so!!

Similarly, we assume all our political candidates are US born or Naturalized citizens (like the CA governor). We never ask for proof of citizenship even though that is a requirement of the law!!!

Unless we soon change the rules for registering and voting or for standing for election, the integrity of our election process will be questionable !!

Anonymous said…

October 17, 2008 5:13 PM

The suit against Obama’s eligibility is pending before the Court for nearly 10 weeks.

If as you say, the Birth certificate is real, all Obama has to do is to present that evidence under oath to the judge. If it is genuine, the case will be dismissed and Obama will be vindicated. However, if the document is FALSE, then Obama will have committed perjury and as a result, lose the license to practice. Ask our former great president, Bill Clinton.

Putting a document on the web means nothing. The only person who needs to be convinced is the Judge trying this case.

So why is Obama hesitating to do this simple task of convincing the Judge???