Berg v. Obama Update — Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Intervening Party Filings, and Possible Media Attention

Today, a fairly litigious intervening party named T.B. Bradley filed a pair of motions in conjunction with Philip Berg’s case against Barack Obama in Federal Court in Philadelphia. The first motion, a motion to intervene, was better-constructed than the previous intervening motion filed by a gentleman from California, and stated many of the same allegations as did Phil Berg. The second motion, however, turned out to be a public motion asking for confidentiality, interesting because the motion itself bears the intervening party’s name.

Rule 24 does indeed state that a non-party who has an interest in a pending action can protect his or her rights by becoming an additional party and presenting a claim of their own. I was quick to judge the filings, especially the first one, as meaningless and irrelevant — the point I was feebly attempting to make is that I firmly believe that our focus, that the focus of the ongoing debate and discussion, should be on the case in chief and not the other measures.

I hope that makes sense.

In the meantime, I heard from one of my contacts here at the courthouse that she received a telephone call from a “very interested” reporter at the Washington Post. I have no doubt that certain folks in the mainstream press have been keeping an eye on the case — this leads me to believe (again, I cannot know for certain) that an order from Judge Surrick will likely spark a little bit of media interest. On that front, we’ll see.

As for that order, as of right now–3:51 p.m. on Tuesday–there is nothing from Judge Surrick. I have a completely unsubstantiated hunch that we’ll see something in the next few days, possibly an order addressing all four pending motions. Again, it’s just a hunch — we’ll see.

Comments

1. Koyaan says:

Not to mention address and phone number. ;)

She also seems to have a history of filing lawsuits.

AdSense Litigant Accuses Google of E-Mail Tampering

k

2. TonyU says:

When I saw motion to appear as Jane Doe I figured it was Hillary… Wouldn’t that be a story now?

Nice work Jeff, keep us posted

Doesn’t it seem like we’re watching a soap opera? Everyday there is a new cliffhanger. This is very suspenseful.

I for one can do without all the drama.

It is time to get this treasonous imposter off the political stage and get on with the business of electing our next legitimate President.

5. n4m347yp3 says:

I just want something to happen, so we can take the next steps before it’s too late.

6. Carrie Wigal says:

Thank you Jeff for keeping us updated on this…I’ve been checking back every day as of late. It really is a cliffhanger – each turn of events. Thanks again.

wow! this is intriguing?
    i worry about this being delayed until after the election, or ever worse, until after the electoral college meets.
    is this not the most important constitutional case ever? and doesn’t it derserve time resolve?

8. Jet says:

If the GOP has any hard evidence proving Berg’s allegations, then they better release it and provide it to him now, because I don’t think this debate is going to do much for McCain. Something dramatic needs to happen during these next few weeks that will make the public and Obama’s allies in the MSM take a fresh new look at Obama or we are going to see Obama pull a coup d’etat in November.

9. Jon says:

It is time to strike back and fight these media weapons of mass distortion! Spread the truth!

PS webmaster you need to add a DNS entry that says *.americasright.com the star is a wild card so you dont need to type the www part.

10. CelticSweetie says:

I sure hope the judge makes a decision before the November election because if he waits we could be in for a mess bigger than the wall street bailout.

11. Goldie says:

We’re all in hysterics about it being resolved before the election. I know I am. But I have a question. Let’s say it does carry on and -may God forbid- Obama gets elected…what then? We’re sitting here feeling powerless against just the media. How are we going to do anything when it gets that out of control? We as citizens aren’t being heard now! How are we going to have a voice when we really get in a predicament to have to shout? I’m shouting now using only means I know. I’ve contacted any and everyone I can think of to see if they’ll have the nerve to break the story. Something this huge and serious is kicked to the curb? What is the game plan? We can all work together here. Give me another plan. Mine isn’t working. I’m not going to sit here and hope somebody does something! Let’s get Plan A, B and C down and get ready for all the variables. I’m in!

What exactly happens if courts do not rule until after the election? after the electoral college? after an inauguration? An ineligible president still cannot hold the office regardless of when his ineligibility is discovered, right?

13. Dilissa says:

Good morning Jeff. You seem to be a stand-up guy with my same beliefs. I too am an attorney and I am embarrassed by the sneaky lawyer tricks that have abounded in this election and in Obama’s political career. Let’s start with suing to get candidates names off the ballot in Illinois. Next, let’s go to his letter to the usdoj when American Issues Project ran a Williams Ayers ad. It goes on and on. Bill Clinton did sneaky lawyer tricks too when he was our president. I am ashamed to have the same occupation as these two. However, I still have my law license and neither one of them has theirs. Hmmmmmm.

anyway, God Bless!

The thought of who Obama would pick for his cabinet sends chills up my spine. He’d put terrorist sympathizers within the Dept. of State.

15. ComOB says:

Good morning everyone,

I wanted to leave a brief comment for those that are feeling like they are helpless to do anything about Obama and this lawsuit. Although we can not affect the outcome of this case, we can volunteer to help the McCain/Palin campaign.

Please consider signing up as a volunteer with your local McCain/Palin HQ. You can sign up at the following link:

McCain Campaign Deployment Signup

By volunteering just a little of your time, you can help make a difference and you can feel a little better about sitting on the side lines knowing that you did what you could to help.

Thank you very much for taking the time to consider this.

16. Greg Goss says:

I find this fascinating. Especially when word first surfaced early in the primaries that his birth certificate was embargoed. The only thing I have yet to see is what if he is found in-eligible before November 4? Does the DNC nominate another candidate? What if he wins the presidency and then is found in-eligible?

17. Andrew says:

Hey Jeff, good to see that you are on top of this. I spend my “free time” these days on freep instead of the other place. Keep up the good work

18. TJ says:

T.B. Bradleys website and Picture:

Jeff, I’m sure Phil Berg has considered all options, but if someone were to have made a bona fide contribution (especially of significant size) to the Obama campaign, then had doubts about Obama’s eligibility to run or hold the office of POTUS, and endured extreme frustration over the inability to obtain confirmation of his eligibility, might the act of having contributed money support a claim of injury and confer standing to file?

I recall that there was some mention in Berg’s complaint about money contributed, but it seemed to refer to money contributed by other people; there was no mention of any money he personally contributed to the Obama campaign (nor would he likely have done so, as a Hillary supporter).

One person wondered whether the act of contributing money with subsequent frustration and concern over the inability to obtain confirmation of Obama’s eligibility could even support a claim of mental anguish.

In other words, if they could be found, could a group of disgruntled Obama contributors be more effective plaintiffs than Berg?

20. larryrsf says:

I just want someone somewhere to ask Obama why he won’t release his transcripts from Punehou, Occidental, and Columbia. Why not?

Is it because he didn’t complete the diploma requirements yet was granted an “affirmative action” graduation?

Larry Whitaker

21. SMP0328 says:

As for what happens if Obama is elected by the Electoral College and then Berg ultimately wins this case, Section 3 of the 20th Amendment says Vice President Biden would be Acting President. President Obama would only be a figurehead.

Here’s hoping this case is resolved before the election.

22. kmmaraxus says:

If Judge doesn’t rule on anything, and October 15th creeps up, what is the Maximum amount of time DNC/Obama can stall showing COLB? And if he doesn’t produce papers then what is the minimum punishment he can receive. I figure DNC/Obama will certainly use every stall tactic possible. Judge appears to be waiting, and not ruling on anything while the motions pile up. Seems as if he’s trying to reach the 15th with no formal ruling. Does that bode well for Berg and closure?

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS KEEPING THE
    MEDIA FROM JUMPING ON TOP OF THE
    HOTTEST NEWS OF THE CENTURY? OBAMA
    IS A FRAUD AND NOT LEGAL TO RUN FOR
    PRESIDENT!! DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE
    PERMISSION?…THEY NEVER HAVE BEFORE
    BEEN “HUSHED” IN THEIR FREEDOM OF THE
    PRESS. HELL ! THEY NEED TO START SPREADING THE NEWS TO ALL OF THE
    MIS-INFORMED AMERICANS, SO SOMETHING CAN BE DONE “NOW” !! TO HECK WITH
    THIS SILENCE…GET ON WITH THE PLAN!

I just recieved a e-mail from WUPW FOX NEWS,channel 36, TOLEDO,OHIO.
    THEY CONFIRMED TO ME THAT MR. BERG WILL BE AIRED AT 4 PM & 10 PM
    Today, Monday, OCT 13, 2008. YOU CAN VIEW IT AT 10PM on this site:
    This story will be on our website by 10pm..www.myfoxtoledo.com.
    I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT! Daniel Smith, Long Island, NY